Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 83 of 111123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:There is a difference between Old Milwaukee and Milwakee's Best(aka "the Beast"). :wink:  The Beast is actually produced by none other than Miller. :D  Truth be told though, if it wasn't for The Beast being sold at a cost of $8.60 w/tax(yes thats right I remember it to the penny :lol: ) per case, both my high school and college years would have been much less eventful. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Old Milwaukee, Milwaukee's Best, Grainbelt, you name it, if it was under $10 a case, we drank it.  As for the strippers...well, all I can say is:  Augie's on Hennepin Ave. in Minneapolis.  I bet Guido knows what I'm referring to, even if he won't admit it here.  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:44 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
The DMG is not a first print (you can tell both by the red lettering in the yellow banner and the fact that it has white flyleafs), however based on the description of the seller it seems that even better yet though, the PHB may in fact be a T-1st. :)

Yeah, the question he posted an answer to was mine . . . what the heck is he posting it for everyone else to see! :D  Sounds like a T1st . . .

Doesn't he have the right to post the questions he gets?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:48 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Doesn't he have the right to post the questions he gets?

Sure he does.  But it's extremely annoying when you're trying to keep the auction quiet and to yourself. ;)

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:59 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:Doesn't he have the right to post the questions he gets?

Sure he does. But it's extremely annoying when you're trying to keep the auction quiet and to yourself. ;)

Yeah, I wrote the above sentence with "mock" frustration.   :D   Actually, I kept pausing before sending it because I had a feeling he'd post the response.  

By the way, it just occured to me - if anyone really wants to avoid getting their question posted, they could try sending an innocent question (like how much is shipping, etc.)  Then when you get a response, send a reply to their email and say, I just thought of something else.  This would be outside of ebay and couldn't be posted to the auction.

Just a little tidbit that occured to me . . . (I'm so paranoid of ebay, that whenever someone queries me about "outside" ebay sales, I only reply through my yahoo account so that the conversation can't be tracked).   :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:20 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:By the way, it just occured to me - if anyone really wants to avoid getting their question posted, they could try sending an innocent question (like how much is shipping, etc.) Then when you get a response, send a reply to their email and say, I just thought of something else. This would be outside of ebay and couldn't be posted to the auction.

You can also use the "contact member" option that appears when you click on their username.  Then the reply won't show up in the auction description.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:08 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:You can also use the "contact member" option that appears when you click on their username. Then the reply won't show up in the auction description.

Yes, the answer is that obvious. ;)

Then when you get the awkward sod who replies with "Please re-send that as a query so that I can post the response" you can at least decide what course of action to take next...
Have had that response several times! You'd think they'd just update the auction description, instead.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:00 pm 

The seller just sold two originals, now a "reprint".   :?  Not sure how I feel about that.  Thoughts?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:21 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:The seller just sold two originals, now a "reprint". :? Not sure how I feel about that. Thoughts?

~95% chance genuine, I'd've thought, as posted wherever this sub-thread ends up.
****PLEASE IGNORE THE ABOVE****

A "2nd/3rd/4th/whatever print" is a "reprint".

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:51 pm 

faro wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:The seller just sold two originals, now a "reprint". :? Not sure how I feel about that. Thoughts?

~95% chance genuine, I'd've thought, as posted wherever this sub-thread ends up.

A "2nd/3rd/4th/whatever print" is a "reprint".

I can say with near-certainty that the cover is a photocopy of the one I won from her last week.  Note the spot near the bottom fastener.  It matches the spot on my cover.

On the other hand, the contents certainly look interesting.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:09 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I can say with near-certainty that the cover is a photocopy of the one I won from her last week. Note the spot near the bottom fastener. It matches the spot on my cover.

Oh, you're joking! :roll:

That explains why the scan is trimmed... :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8748321495

And they just happened to choose roughly the same off-white shade of cover as the genuine 1977 edition (which the seller would presumably still be clueless about?)
There goes that other 5%, if so...

I presume you're contacting them as well, to give them a chance to explain or remove the auction?

=

MANY thanks, Stephen.
Any chance you could link an image of that part of your cover so that we can point eBay over here, if required? (It is only a three day auction...).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:13 pm 

I hate to further throw gasoline on the fire, but coincidently I had emailed her back and forth a few times while the other were up for sale.  She inquired to me as to why bidding was so high on this already(it was sitting at like $150 or so at the time) and so I explained to her the reasons for it. In her reply email to me she remarked that she had made some copies of the pages to give to someone(friend IIRC). Now I am not 100% sure that she meant that she was also planning on copying the whole damn thing and then listing it for sale, but maybe she did. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:18 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I hate to further throw gasoline on the fire, but coincidently I had emailed her back and forth a few times while the other were up for sale. She inquired to me as to why bidding was so high on this already(it was sitting at like $150 or so at the time) and so I explained to her the reasons for it. In her reply email to me she remarked that she had made some copies of the pages to give to someone(friend IIRC). Now I am not 100% sure that she meant that she was also planning on copying the whole damn thing and then listing it for sale, but maybe she did. :?

*already targetted* (please feel free to follow suit)

<clip eBay note>
Hiya again!
Could you please explain why a reprint (= genuine later print copy) has an apparently photocopied cover according to one of the winners of your previous auctions; Interesting Items Formerly on eBay • Page 75 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum
If that is the case, could you please remove this auction as this would be an illegal and deceptive sale.
If not, please clarify the situation further.
Many thanks for your /prompt/ assistance.

=
Remember I commented that one of the sheet colors was presumably a reprint in the original context as I understood it? :?

Thanks for the info, Brian.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:45 pm 

faro:  see my PM.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:26 pm 

Daimajin wrote:Monster Manual, Players Handbook probably 1st prints, DMG later:

D&D Books: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Hello everybodeeeeeeeee.  Finally decided to register and start talking to all the competition and the snipers that I almost always lose to in person (so to type).  No, really, just congratulating ChromaticKnight? on this one - 3 bids in the last 8 seconds - not bad.  I know that I'm a bottom feeder or at least I like bargains and can't spend toooo much with my wife looking over my shoulder :?  but, I still think the sellers(and Ebay's %) would profit by a resonable(30sec to 5 min) extention on end time as these last sec bidders would have a last chance to drive the last $$ out.
Well, enough from me - I've bought from many of the users on here over the last year so glad to be here....WMW

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:51 pm 

WMWeed wrote:

Hello everybodeeeeeeeee. Finally decided to register and start talking to all the competition and the snipers that I almost always lose to in person (so to type). No, really, just congratulating ChromaticKnight? on this one - 3 bids in the last 8 seconds - not bad. I know that I'm a bottom feeder or at least I like bargains and can't spend toooo much with my wife looking over my shoulder :? but, I still think the sellers(and Ebay's %) would profit by a resonable(30sec to 5 min) extention on end time as these last sec bidders would have a last chance to drive the last $$ out.
Well, enough from me - I've bought from many of the users on here over the last year so glad to be here....WMW

Hi there  and welcome the forum. :)   Don't worry we always snipe the hell out of each other too so dont feel to bad. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:51 pm 

faro wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:I can say with near-certainty that the cover is a photocopy of the one I won from her last week. Note the spot near the bottom fastener. It matches the spot on my cover.

Oh, you're joking! :roll:

That explains why the scan is trimmed... :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8748321495

And they just happened to choose roughly the same off-white shade of cover as the genuine 1977 edition (which the seller would presumably still be clueless about?)
There goes that other 5%, if so...

I presume you're contacting them as well, to give them a chance to explain or remove the auction?

=

MANY thanks, Stephen.
Any chance you could link an image of that part of your cover so that we can point eBay over here, if required? (It is only a three day auction...).

Um, what happened here????

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:52 pm 

WMWeed wrote:

Hello everybodeeeeeeeee. Finally decided to register and start talking to all the competition and the snipers that I almost always lose to in person (so to type). No, really, just congratulating ChromaticKnight? on this one - 3 bids in the last 8 seconds - not bad. I know that I'm a bottom feeder or at least I like bargains and can't spend toooo much with my wife looking over my shoulder :? but, I still think the sellers(and Ebay's %) would profit by a resonable(30sec to 5 min) extention on end time as these last sec bidders would have a last chance to drive the last $$ out.

I'm surprised it didn't go for more.  If that really is a T1st PHB, that's a pretty good package for that price.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:53 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
WMWeed wrote:

I'm surprised it didn't go for more. If that really is a T1st PHB, that's a pretty good package for that price.

If my feckin browser didnt feckin lock up on me it would have went for more. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 83 of 111123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 109110111