Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 111123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5686
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:15 am 
 

Chuffed means pissed.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 656
Joined: Apr 12, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 10, 2022
Location: Perth, Australia

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:22 am 
 

Deadlord wrote
Chuffed means pissed.


So it's like being "miffed"

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:24 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:Chuffed means pissed.


UK chuffed means "really pleased"

you yanks i dunno - opposite of everything correct :D


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:30 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:Chuffed means pissed.


UK chuffed means "really pleased"

you yanks i dunno - opposite of everything correct :D


Hey, you guys had your shot at contributing the language of empire a couple of centuries ago.  Now it's our turn.

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2792
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 09, 2022
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:03 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:Chuffed means pissed.


over here pissed means drunk.

e.g. "last night I went to the pub with a mate. I was really only going to stay for a few drinks, but in the end we stayed until closing and I got completely pissed.  My girlfriend was raging when I eventually crawled home."    

:D

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5686
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:36 am 
 

So I'd be chuffed if I was pissed?


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2792
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 09, 2022
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:39 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:So I'd be chuffed if I was pissed?


absolutely - and miffed if you weren't

(especially if that was why you went to the pub).  :)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:01 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Hey, you guys had your shot at contributing the language of empire a couple of centuries ago. Now it's our turn.


oh you think :)

color instead of colour
armor instead of armour

you lot got something against poor little U or something :)


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:18 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Hey, you guys had your shot at contributing the language of empire a couple of centuries ago. Now it's our turn.


oh you think :)

color instead of colour
armor instead of armour

you lot got something against poor little U or something :)


Have you seen that hilarious piece by John Cleese, a declaration of revocation?  Absolutely hilarious.  I like this line:

You will learn that the suffix 'burgh' is pronounced 'burra' e.g. Edinburgh. You are welcome to re-spell Pittsburgh as 'Pittsberg' if you can't cope with correct pronunciation.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:07 pm 
 

muaddib5 wrote:I don't think I've ever seen TWO Boot Hill's for sale at the same time, by the same seller 8O.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _Stores_IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _Stores_IT
Just over a day left on both.

Certainly not seen two first-prints up before. (Definitely rarity "5"s, IMHO).

Not too bad at those final prices ($81, $107), although having the same pic for both (with small faults) probably helped ensure that they didn't go any higher.
Interesting "remainder stock" that seller had/has.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:39 pm 
 

Anyone want a Quest for the Fazzlewood???

D.D. Crow RARE: Individual Cards | eBay

Magic Pricess has another one up with a BIN only for $1649. Vey tempting, but I am to strapped right now to consider it. :(


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 210
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Last Visit: May 24, 2022
Location: Northeast

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:50 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Anyone want a Quest for the Fazzlewood???

Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball Max'd | eBay

Magic Pricess has another one up with a BIN only for $1649. Vey tempting, but I am to strapped right now to consider it. :(


Interesting indeed!  Must be another Woods copy.  The pictures are actually of my copy/letter, so I have an inquiry in on that point.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:59 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Anyone want a Quest for the Fazzlewood???

D.D. Crow RARE: Individual Cards | eBay

Magic Pricess has another one up with a BIN only for $1649. Vey tempting, but I am to strapped right now to consider it. :(

Stephen paid $1,501. Jeff paid $1,602. Why is "only" $1,649 very tempting, Brian?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:59 pm 
 

a2jeff wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Anyone want a Quest for the Fazzlewood???

D.D. Crow RARE: Individual Cards | eBay

Magic Pricess has another one up with a BIN only for $1649. Vey tempting, but I am to strapped right now to consider it. :(


Interesting indeed! Must be another Woods copy. The pictures are actually of my copy/letter, so I have an inquiry in on that point.


I am assuming though that you have received the one that you won, right. :)


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2472
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 02, 2022
Location: Queensland, Australia

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:04 pm 
 

my guess ia that each of the 5 or so that will be up for sale will have the letter attached... "Of the original printing, I set aside five copies - one for each of my children and one for myself.".. although to do this he would have to have 4 children at the time they were printed...
Brette:)

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5686
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:09 pm 
 

A2Jeff, you should go over your copy with a fine-toothed comb and make sure it isn't a forgery.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:13 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
muaddib5 wrote:I don't think I've ever seen TWO Boot Hill's for sale at the same time, by the same seller 8O.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _Stores_IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _Stores_IT
Just over a day left on both.

Certainly not seen two first-prints up before. (Definitely rarity "5"s, IMHO).

Not too bad at those final prices ($81, $107), although having the same pic for both (with small faults) probably helped ensure that they didn't go any higher.
Interesting "remainder stock" that seller had/has.


FWIW, that seller is now one of my favorites of all time.  Man does he seem to have multiple copies of all kinds of excellent stuff. :o


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 765
Joined: Feb 05, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 08, 2022

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:22 am 
 

Howdy All,


Regarding the Fazzlewood:

He has at two of these (confirmed), possibly three. If I were you folks, I'd just let it go and wait until it comes up for auction. You will get a better deal.

From my communications with Howard Dawson and the seller, he is on the up and up and he does have letters of authentication for all of his copies which he received directly from Paul Wood.


Futures Bright,

Paul


The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 111123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 109110111