Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 75 of 111123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:32 am 

RPGA Miniatures Case with miniatures...I can't recall having seen this before but not all that much into miniatures....

Ral Partha Ad&d | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:41 am 

Marlith wrote:RPGA Miniatures Case with miniatures...I can't recall having seen this before but not all that much into miniatures....

Ral Partha Ad&d | eBay

I saw this too, but I thought it was a mini's case with a RPGA sticker added on  :?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:56 am 

muaddib5 wrote:
Marlith wrote:RPGA Miniatures Case with miniatures...I can't recall having seen this before but not all that much into miniatures....

Ral Partha Ad&d | eBay

I saw this too, but I thought it was a mini's case with a RPGA sticker added on :?

Very well could be. I do not recall ever seeing something like that before. It does not fall outside the scope of things they might have created....I had not seen the  bubblegum until when it popped up on eBay so I am sort of wet behind the ears on the non standard items I guess.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:22 pm 

Marlith wrote:
muaddib5 wrote:
I saw this too, but I thought it was a mini's case with a RPGA sticker added on :?

Very well could be. I do not recall ever seeing something like that before. It does not fall outside the scope of things they might have created....I had not seen the bubblegum until when it popped up on eBay so I am sort of wet behind the ears on the non standard items I guess.

I don't know. It seems kinda of out of place for rpga. Especially considering the 1980 date the seller notes. It is a strange item to be produced specifically for rpga members.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:57 pm 

muaddib5 wrote:
Ral Partha Ad&d | eBay

Hmm... Gateway to Adventure (not included), packing box, etc., in the photo.
"Label" is strangely place, extremely fresh compared with the foam inset, rounded at top, cut square at foot, looks like it has a date above the logo(?) which is also not particularly square to the edges.

I'd be inclined to ask the underbidder whether the minis alone would've been worth the money...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:24 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:that PotVQ is getting into serious $ now.

<mjs_007> again...

*looks around*

Well, all I can say is that the seller managed to cost themselves on that one.

Aside from their generally slow/indifferent responses, they also neglected to do anything about their auction settings BLOCKING bidders from outwith the US & Canada! :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:52 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Well, all I can say is that the seller managed to cost themselves on that one.

Aside from their generally slow/indifferent responses, they also neglected to do anything about their auction settings BLOCKING bidders from outwith the US & Canada! :roll:

as jeff won it, dont suppose it would have mattered one way or the other :)

mind you tho, something still dont seem right with that PotVQ. still dunno what it is, but something dont look right.

still not convinced with regards to the ziploc bag and the maps. are the borders like that? i cant remember without getting mine out of the bag to look at again (which i aint going to do so)....

BUT good win jeff, nonetheless! i am prb just being too suspicious and its a great win.

i sent 4 questions to the seller and got one reply with regards to the shipping, which was a standard one that others got too.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:49 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:As jeff won it, dont suppose it would have mattered one way or the other :)

Would've cost best part of $100 more, though! ;)

killjoy32 wrote:mind you tho, something still dont seem right with that PotVQ. still dunno what it is, but something dont look right.

I sent 4 questions to the seller and got one reply with regards to the shipping, which was a standard one that others got too.

I don't like the ziploc, either.
However, the seller finally realised my request was still o/s and posted a close-up of the map page about two hours before the close.

Between that (ignore the crease, Jeff!) and the full context of the find (plus the few other answers I received), was 90+% confident that it was a good 'un.

*shrugs*

=

Oh, and Happy New Year to y'all (& the US follows in our wake, as ever? :P ;))

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:18 pm 

harami2000 wrote:I'd be inclined to ask the underbidder whether the minis alone would've been worth the money...

Most of the minis inside the blurry picture appear to be Greandier AD&D Gold Box minis from the Adventurers and Orcs boxed sets.  Alone they are not worth the final bid price, but they're still nice to have; one can never have enough Grenadier AD&D Gold Box minis.   :D
The box looks like something the RPGA might have come out with back in the day but I don't have my old Polyhedrons handy to check so I took a chance with a somewhat tepid bid.  Perhaps Frank Mentzer would know... I was kind of relieved to be outbid in the end as the more I look at it, either it's just an RPGA sticker attached to a generic minis foam box, or it's a genuine RPGA product that's really kind of lame.  The RPGA slipcases are much nicer.   :wink:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:14 am 

No pictures but they say Adventures Guild modules....strange desctiption though....Have this one and a couple others I think....

Sonic Adventure Limited: Video Games | eBay

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:04 am 

Jeff, that was a GREAT win on the PoVQ.  Congratulations!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:55 pm 

I don't think I've ever seen TWO Boot Hill's for sale at the same time, by the same seller  8O.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _Stores_IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _Stores_IT

Just over a day left on both.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:03 pm 

Seller has a couple of shrinkwarapped items going right now going only for a song:

jken316 in Toys & Hobbies > Games| eBay

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:07 am 

The super-rare RPGA figure set...this set is open, and the box damaged, so it might actually go for a reasonable price.  Most people don't realize what this is or how hard it is to find:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... Track=true

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:56 am 

Badmike wrote:Most people don't realize what this is or how hard it is to find

they do now :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:03 am 

Burnie effect indeed!  Last time I put this module up, it only went for $20.  His went for like $80.  Now I can't even break $10?!?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8745073822

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:51 am 

Gus Landt wrote:Burnie effect indeed! Last time I put this module up, it only went for $20. His went for like $80. Now I can't even break $10?!?!

You'll break $20 now...I just put a bid in.  :P  I'm still chuffed (as our UK friends would say) that Ian got one of my copies for $25  :)  I'd buy up as many as I could get for $20-$30.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:53 am 

Badmike wrote:
Gus Landt wrote:Burnie effect indeed! Last time I put this module up, it only went for $20. His went for like $80. Now I can't even break $10?!?!

You'll break $20 now...I just put a bid in. :P I'm still chuffed (as our UK friends would say) that Ian got one of my copies for $25 :) I'd buy up as many as I could get for $20-$30.

Mike B.

Wait, never mind, "Chuffed" means pleasantly surprised right?  I'll stick to the American idiom and say I was pissed.  :evil:

Mike B.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 75 of 111123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 109110111