Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 111123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:35 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Agreed, the baggie doesn't look original.

I'm not a ziploc bag collector, but it looks like an older bag to me.  The newer ones have colored blue and red strips at the top, which appear purple when sealed.  :)

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:08 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Agreed, the baggie doesn't look original. Note, also, the description states "originally came in a Ziploc bag", not that this IS the original baggie.

(repeat) "This was found in the estate of a long time SF & Fantasy collector, along with other simular items. It is guaranteed to be authentic" :)
(If the bag ain't original, go blame the original collector ;))

Reserve met at $490. Still $100 extra for shipping outwith the US & Canada and no further comms from the seller. :P

afoolandhis$ wrote:Like David said, impossible to tell from the pics whether it's a copy or original. If I were bidding on it, I'd definitely pay with a CC. Back when we were trying to figure out what in hell the Bella copy was, I checked with all of my CC issuers, and AmEx offered by far the most comprehensive protection.

Good luck!

Personally, I was happier with the Bella copy thanks to the packaging and context of the find.

I still want to see the map grid on this one (for research purposes; honest! :))

=
@Brian: any chance of throwing some of those $300 "tokens" this way. *g*

=
[ed.] Replies just received to latest but not posted on listing;
"I don't know what a thumb crease is. but the pages are mint. The bottom corners may be slightly rolled a fraction since the pages are slightly too large for the opening."
"I responded indirectly to many e-mails about shipping look at the Q's at the bottom of the listing. I'll see what I can do about the photo keep checking the web page."
(thanks, if you're passing by here...)

&
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8742337390
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8742342593 :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:02 pm 

$50 for Dungeon Decor is a joke.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:14 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:$50 for Dungeon Decor is a joke.

Hey, but it has the same ziploc as "Embattled Trek". Surely that must be worth something? :)

Sounding a bit better on the context, anyhow.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:14 pm 

the two items there look nice but dunno if they are worth that?

that PotVQ is getting into serious $ now.

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:36 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:that PotVQ is getting into serious $ now.

<mjs_007> again...

*looks around*

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:25 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:$50 for Dungeon Decor is a joke.

The TRULY frightening thing about the Dungeon Decor auction is the "Shipping & Hadeling fee".  I don't know about you guys, but I've never enjoyed being hadeled.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:44 am 

Aside from Creep's attempted auctioning (again) of this complete set (plus a few individually),

an R-4 from an unrelated seller. Starting price may be a bit high at $200..

D&D Module: Role Playing Games | eBay

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:21 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:that PotVQ is getting into serious $ now.

<mjs_007> again...

*looks around*

actually yes, i noticed that too. we know who that is yet?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:22 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Aside from Creep's attempted auctioning (again) of this complete set (plus a few individually),

an R-4 from an unrelated seller. Starting price may be a bit high at $200..

D&D Module: Role Playing Games | eBay

the cover looks a little on the average side imo - IF you were going to bash $200 at it.

notice the condition of creeps R-2 cover too  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:16 am 

killjoy32 wrote:the cover looks a little on the average side imo - IF you were going to bash $200 at it.

notice the condition of creeps R-2 cover too :?

There is a very disturbing trend this year.  The Acaeum's NM valuation is becoming the "average condition" price for these semi-rares.  Same is true with the OCE.  :?

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:33 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:the cover looks a little on the average side imo - IF you were going to bash $200 at it.

notice the condition of creeps R-2 cover too :?

There is a very disturbing trend this year. The Acaeum's NM valuation is becoming the "average condition" price for these semi-rares. Same is true with the OCE. :?

yes i agree. havent seen one go for a lowish amount for quite some time.

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:00 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:There is a very disturbing trend this year. The Acaeum's NM valuation is becoming the "average condition" price for these semi-rares. Same is true with the OCE. :?

yes i agree. havent seen one go for a lowish amount for quite some time.

Doc's Island defintely seems to have seen a serious trend upwords over the last year or so, although of all the R series, it defintely seems to show up less than the other 3.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:08 pm 

UK auction, OCE set with an earlier print GH, BIN of ~$86.00:

Dungeons & Dragons Collector | eBay

Box is pretty hammered and and the M&M has some visibly heavy staple rust, which doesnt seem to be apparent in the other 3 booklets.  Might be worth a query or 2. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:23 pm 

bclarkie wrote:UK auction, OCE set with an earlier print GH, BIN of ~$86.00:

Box is pretty hammered and and the M&M has some visibly heavy staple rust, which doesnt seem to be apparent in the other 3 booklets. Might be worth a query or 2. :)

BIN has gone cos some bum-stain has bid already  :x  notice also, that the seller looks like he/she doesnt normally deal in this sort of stuff, so the questions asked might not get the answers quite the way you want.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:53 pm 

Box is pretty hammered and and the M&M has some visibly heavy staple rust, which doesnt seem to be apparent in the other 3 booklets. Might be worth a query or 2. :)

Is that an OCE....my eyesight is getting real bad. Need to sell some stuff to buy new glasses  :)

I saw that shortly after they posted it (and almost became the bum-stain...glad I passed on bidding), and have looked at it twice more and never once paid enough attention to notice the Greyhawk  :oops:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:59 pm 

Marlith wrote:

Is that an OCE....my eyesight is getting real bad. Need to sell some stuff to buy new glasses :)

I saw that shortly after they posted it (and almost became the bum-stain...glad I passed on bidding), and have looked at it twice more and never once paid enough attention to notice the Greyhawk :oops:

Nope, its actually not an OCE. :oops:  I just was looking through stuff and saw it and posted it real quick because of the BIN.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:
Is that an OCE....my eyesight is getting real bad. Need to sell some stuff to buy new glasses :)

I saw that shortly after they posted it (and almost became the bum-stain...glad I passed on bidding), and have looked at it twice more and never once paid enough attention to notice the Greyhawk :oops:

Nope, its actually not an OCE. :oops: I just was looking through stuff and saw it and posted it real quick because of the BIN.

Glad to see my eyesight isn't completely shot. I was serious about not being able to tell from the picture though....anyone have a reccomended place to buy glasses  :(

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 111123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 109110111