Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 73 of 111123 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:44 am 

For all the 'POG' lovers out there..

Dungeons and Dragons Complete | eBay

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:49 am 

AdderMcOne wrote: 8O 8O 8O 8O
You've got to be feckin' kidding me !

I don't think sending something international is anywhere near that much of a 'hassle'

Going to loose quite a few bidders with that one I think, which is a pity considering I'll be one of them :(
(aside from any issue of genuine-ness etc)

...just my $US100 worth..

well i have just sent him a msg saying pretty much exactly the same thing. there are quite a few bidders outside the US who would love a bash at that, and hes prb just about lost them all right now - shame really - i wouldnt mind another of them too.

*walks off shaking head at the madness of some sellers*

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:41 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:shame really - i wouldnt mind another of them too.

One for the collection, and one for writing on, eh? :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:20 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:Going to loose quite a few bidders with that one I think, which is a pity considering I'll be one of them :(
(aside from any issue of genuine-ness etc)

...just my $US100 worth..

*g*. Notice he didn't choose to respond specifically to my question, but there is;
"Do (sic) to many e-mails I'm reconsidering my overseas shipping. I'm told paper is not a customs or shipping problem. So I will ship to Europe, but expect a higher shipping fee, as it will probably go FedEx. Best of Luck"

Oh, you don't live in Europe. Shame! :o

Anyhow FedEx US->UK sucks, IMO... (Previous two attempts resulted in misdelivery followed by an attempt to charge duty & fees (twice on the same item!) where that should have been duty-free; resulting in it being lost "returned to sender").

On the brighter side;
"This was found in the estate of a long time SF & Fantasy collector, along with other simular (sic) items. It is guaranteed to be authentic."
which is the only guarantee aside from the implication that he's checked with people over here first.
(Would be more of a reassurance than those greyish pixellated scans with no sign of thumbmarks, if so ;))

Enjoy :)

=

mbassoc2003 wrote:

*lol*. I think Al just wants to start 2006 broke! :P

*still waiting for someone with an original ziploc to confirm on that, aside* :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:37 pm 

Enjoy, guys. Too easily faked for my liking.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 pm 

still re. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8742061104
Deadlord36 wrote:Enjoy, guys. Too easily faked for my liking.

Especially if it's the later-style map grid (impossible to confirm from those pics).

Not that I'd want to be putting anyone (like Brian) off, but seems smart to get all the obvious questions dealt with as much as possible before bidding high. They ain't going for an early auction close :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:05 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Not that I'd want to be putting anyone (like Brian) off, but seems smart to get all the obvious questions dealt with as much as possible before bidding high. They ain't going for an early auction close :)

just as a side-note - dunno if it makes any difference at all mind, but the ziploc bag on mine, seems a lot tighter than that one. that one doesnt look that old neither....

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:06 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*lol*. I think Al just wants to start 2006 broke! :P

*still waiting for someone with an original ziploc to confirm on that, aside* :)

yeah i dont think the day will ever come where i have any money :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:07 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

somehow dont think that would ever happen :D

dont think i could bring myself to write in it - i would be depreciating it with every word i wrote on it :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:12 pm 

just another - was thinking on what david wrote there too. if i was auctioning it, i would have done some pretty nice sharp pics for everyone to see. not too fussed on the ones there already and it kinda doesnt instil any great confidence in me wanting to have a blast at it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:22 pm 

The bag is surely not original. Probably says ZipLoc on it in small letters.
I'm sure someone will still pay a fortune for it, but personally I would never pick up an item like that unless it was from someone I knew or trusted. If it turns out to be a fake, what recourse do you have? None.
Besides, the black folder version is ten times better.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:34 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:The bag is surely not original. Probably says ZipLoc on it in small letters.
I'm sure someone will still pay a fortune for it, but personally I would never pick up an item like that unless it was from someone I knew or trusted. If it turns out to be a fake, what recourse do you have? None.
Besides, the black folder version is ten times better.

yeah think youre right - i would like one of them black folder ones to go with the one i have. would make much more sense i guess.

the bag defo aint oriignal.

and i think youre right there - i would prefer to get something like that from someone much more reputable with at least a decent backup story of where an item came from.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:08 pm 

harami2000 wrote:still re. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8742061104
Deadlord36 wrote:Enjoy, guys. Too easily faked for my liking.

Especially if it's the later-style map grid (impossible to confirm from those pics).

Not that I'd want to be putting anyone (like Brian) off, but seems smart to get all the obvious questions dealt with as much as possible before bidding high. They ain't going for an early auction close :)

Easy there, my bid is but a token bid and I havent even met the reserve yet.   :wink:  If I am guessing right as a matter of fact, I suspect my bid isnt probably half of what the reserve is. :roll:  In the long run sellers are dumb for not shipping overseas, but on items like this there is enough folks here on this side of the pond for the most part to at least make it interesting. :)   The thing of it is allowing non-US bidders to bid may make a difference or it may not, but why the hell whould you take the chance on screwing yourself out of a lot more money for an extra 5-10 minutes of your time. :?  Nothing like taking half of your potential buyer base and basicallly telling them to piss off.... :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:17 am 

Agreed, the baggie doesn't look original.  Note, also, the description states "originally came in a Ziploc bag", not that this IS the original baggie.

Like David said, impossible to tell from the pics whether it's a copy or original.  If I were bidding on it, I'd definitely pay with a CC.  Back when we were trying to figure out what in hell the Bella copy was, I checked with all of my CC issuers, and AmEx offered by far the most comprehensive protection.

Good luck!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:35 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Agreed, the baggie doesn't look original.

I'm not a ziploc bag collector, but it looks like an older bag to me.  The newer ones have colored blue and red strips at the top, which appear purple when sealed.  :)

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:08 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Agreed, the baggie doesn't look original. Note, also, the description states "originally came in a Ziploc bag", not that this IS the original baggie.

(repeat) "This was found in the estate of a long time SF & Fantasy collector, along with other simular items. It is guaranteed to be authentic" :)
(If the bag ain't original, go blame the original collector ;))

Reserve met at $490. Still $100 extra for shipping outwith the US & Canada and no further comms from the seller. :P

afoolandhis$ wrote:Like David said, impossible to tell from the pics whether it's a copy or original. If I were bidding on it, I'd definitely pay with a CC. Back when we were trying to figure out what in hell the Bella copy was, I checked with all of my CC issuers, and AmEx offered by far the most comprehensive protection.

Good luck!

Personally, I was happier with the Bella copy thanks to the packaging and context of the find.

I still want to see the map grid on this one (for research purposes; honest! :))

=
@Brian: any chance of throwing some of those $300 "tokens" this way. *g*

=
[ed.] Replies just received to latest but not posted on listing;
"I don't know what a thumb crease is. but the pages are mint. The bottom corners may be slightly rolled a fraction since the pages are slightly too large for the opening."
"I responded indirectly to many e-mails about shipping look at the Q's at the bottom of the listing. I'll see what I can do about the photo keep checking the web page."
(thanks, if you're passing by here...)

&
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8742337390
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8742342593 :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:02 pm 

$50 for Dungeon Decor is a joke.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:14 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:$50 for Dungeon Decor is a joke.

Hey, but it has the same ziploc as "Embattled Trek". Surely that must be worth something? :)

Sounding a bit better on the context, anyhow.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 73 of 111123 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 109110111