Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 70 of 111123 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:27 am 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Howdy All,

Speaking of which:

I'll be listing tommorrow night for the 2nd Collector's Trove Presents: The Steve Marsh collection, items #36-59. Look for the announcement in the Classified section.

Futures Bright,

Paul

Eek! All I have is pocket fluff.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:02 am 

harami2000 wrote:5th = Mid 1976 - Late 1977, yes, afaik.

1975-76 (Dec 75 - Apr 76) is impossible.

Well, let's see...

At a guess I'd say all 25,000 copies of the 4th(-) printing sold out in a month and the 5th was released in December? Not... :D

(Aside from anything else, that was in the middle of TSR's three month delay to get Blackmoor released by Christmas).

Once upon a time I worked out a possible reason why there was that guessed end-date of April 1976, but can't recall that at the minute :?

Various evidence, inc. the stock list puts the 5th at mid-1976, the 6th (early OCE, >1 cover print) at late-1977 onwards, and 7th (late OCE, >1 cover print, w/o stocklist prices as per the additional "last print" supplements (all of them?) not currently listed) at mid-1979 onwards.

Comments were amalgamated at Research question: OD&D Supplements :) from earlier posts, PMs and emails.

Firstly (though I don't want to start a long discussion about this in this thread), I read through that entire thread you quoted there, and I didn't see any "amalgamation"... just some random research on OD&D Supplements that still looks like a work-in-progress. The only "conclusion" I spotted as to the printing date of the 5th print was "Feb 1976 to Jun 1976", which is not so far off of the current listing's "Dec 1975 to Apr 1976" to deserve such a sarcastic eye-roll, IMHO.

As I recall -- and this was many years ago -- I assigned the beginning date, Dec 1975, simply because the 4th Minus print was (supposedly) released in Nov 1975. Ergo, the earliest the 5th could have (reasonably) been released was Dec 1975, though of course, this is unlikely -- though not impossible. I don't remember where the end date (Apr 1976) came from.

That the 5th print was sold through 1977 is not relevant. The dates listed are the probable range of initial publication, not it's sales lifecycle. I'm happy to adjust the probable dates to Feb 1976 - Jun 1976, if available research is pointing to that... but I'd like to confirm that evidence? As I stated above, the OD&D Research thread doesn't seem to spell it out clearly.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:03 am 

UK auction, rough looking MM Softie, opening bid of $8.85 no bids yet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

UK auction, very rough looking PHB softie, opening bid of $8.85 no bids yet:

Decent 3rd printing MM, opening bid of $9.99:

Uk auction, Tortured Souls 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 11:

Dragon Magazine #1, listed in Mint condition although its clearly not Mint, still in pretty good shape, bid stands at %51.99 and not surprisingly  quiltmom currently on top  :roll: :

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:33 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Uk auction, Tortured Souls 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 11:

just a pointer on them. the seller is great - and he has at least 2 of each of them cos i have won a similar lot already - all in ex condition.

he's pretty fast shipping too.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:13 am 

killjoy32 wrote:just a pointer on them. the seller is great - and he has at least 2 of each of them cos i have won a similar lot already - all in ex condition.

he's pretty fast shipping too.

Al

The seller has the remains of TM Games' stock. He's got boxes of them and has been shifting them on eBay for years. Unfortunately he ran out of the rares early last year. :( But he's still got stacka of the commons all mint and new.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:37 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
The seller has the remains of TM Games' stock. He's got boxes of them and has been shifting them on eBay for years. Unfortunately he ran out of the rares early last year. :( But he's still got stacka of the commons all mint and new.

yeah thats right.

i noticed last night that i only need 2 more of them Tortured Souls books now and i have them all! woohoo!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:32 pm 

hey guys, this looks "interesting" but i dunno what it is..... anyone know?

Dungeons Dragons Collection | eBay

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:50 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:hey guys, this looks "interesting" but i dunno what it is..... anyone know?

Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

Al

Something like this came up a few months ago...early summer, maybe?  Very cryptic description and a similarly odd photocopy.  I can't remember who that seller was, nor how that auction turned out.  Sound familiar to anyone?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:58 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:hey guys, this looks "interesting" but i dunno what it is..... anyone know?

Dungeons Dragons Collection | eBay

Al

Looks like it's an early version of Balboa's Warlock set, which was one of the regional versions of D&D that ended up getting printed... they went on to print a full edition titled "The Complete Warlock," which had all sorts of variants...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:11 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:

Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

Al

Looks like it's an early version of Balboa's Warlock set, which was one of the regional versions of D&D that ended up getting printed... they went on to print a full edition titled "The Complete Warlock," which had all sorts of variants...

but as its just a photocopy, its just copied material then? nothing valued about it ?

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:16 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:but as its just a photocopy, its just copied material then? nothing valued about it ?

Depends... it looks likt it is typset, rather than simply typewritten, so it's probably not copies of original notes. If it were a copy of the original notes, that might be worth somethign to someone interested in the development of the Warlock variant. It might be a copy of the internally published rules for the group that developed Warlock...

I'd ask the seller for a better picture for one, and where he got it from...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:16 pm 

For all you SW junkies out there, this seller has quite a few.

eBay listings

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:42 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Apparently you can...I saw that lot long before it was posted, and I can just tell there's something valuable in there, but I can't figure out what. :?

I especially like these two lines from the description:
While we are a non-smoking household, I have no way of knowing about the habits of the former owner. We do have 2 cats, so you may not want to bid if you are allergic:)

I wonder what the items will be packed in?
"Look, Paw, mah D N D stuff ahrahved tuhday and they was some extree packin' mahteereeals in with it. Looks lahk a kitty, but it's all steeiff an' flat. Can Ah keep it, Paw?"

*lol*. Might have to compare notes on felines, in passing :D

Well, in response to Deimos I was working on >$45 for a good looking 1st print Arms Law booklet (pretty darned rare, even without the tables), $50 for what appears to be a unlisted (early?) variant 2nd print in ziploc (hopefully with all tables) and -$9 for the rest (will help cover postage, I guess).
=> Page not found | ICEWEBRING

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:52 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:I especially like these two lines from the description:

I wonder what the items will be packed in?
"Look, Paw, mah D N D stuff ahrahved tuhday and they was some extree packin' mahteereeals in with it. Looks lahk a kitty, but it's all steeiff an' flat. Can Ah keep it, Paw?"

*lol*. Might have to compare notes on felines, in passing :D

Well, in response to Deimos I was working on >$45 for a good looking 1st print Arms Law booklet (pretty darned rare, even without the tables), $50 for what appears to be a unlisted (early?) variant 2nd print in ziploc (hopefully with all tables) and -$9 for the rest (will help cover postage, I guess).
=> Page not found | ICEWEBRING

Plus, you can ask bclarkie if that is his long last Dragontooth flyer.  :D  

Brian, Did you ever live on Rte. 1, Box 497, Steubenville OH, 43932?   :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:00 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Plus, you can ask bclarkie if that is his long last Dragontooth flyer. :D

Brian, Did you ever live on Rte. 1, Box 497, Steubenville OH, 43932?  :D

*vbeg*. D'ya know I looked at all the scans in the hope of finding anything else particularly worth having in there, but didn't spot that addy! :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:17 pm 

seller has a massive collection up for sale, in numerous lots, as well as S1-4, T1-4, A1-4:

eBay listings

could be a re-sellers dream :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:48 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
Plus, you can ask bclarkie if that is his long last Dragontooth flyer. :D

Brian, Did you ever live on Rte. 1, Box 497, Steubenville OH, 43932?  :D

Nope, not mine. :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:51 pm 

Fazzlewood discussion has been split off into its own topic, to avoid cluttering this thread.

Foul

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 70 of 111123 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 109110111