Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 111123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:18 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
bbarsh wrote:

Damn...you can't be sneaky at all around here... 8O :D

Apparently you can...I saw that lot long before it was posted, and I can just tell there's something valuable in there, but I can't figure out what. :?

I especially like these two lines from the description:

While we are a non-smoking household, I have no way of knowing about the habits of the former owner. We do have 2 cats, so you may not want to bid if you are allergic:)

I wonder what the items will be packed in?

"Look, Paw, mah D N D stuff ahrahved tuhday and they was some extree packin' mahteereeals in with it.  Looks lahk a kitty, but it's all steeiff an' flat.  Can Ah keep it, Paw?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:37 pm 

This looks pretty cool:  Little Wars #3 by TSR.

I've never heard of this before.  Did TSR really publish this?

Miniature Wargames Magazine | eBay

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:18 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:This looks pretty cool: Little Wars #3 by TSR.

I've never heard of this before. Did TSR really publish this?

Miniature Wargames Magazine | eBay

They did. TSR was a wargaming company when it was first formed - I believe (not 100% sure) the first product was Cavaliers & Roundheads, a set of ECW miniature rules. Tricolour was also very early, naval miniature rules.

When D&D was first published, it didn't really take off for a year or so. During this time TSR kept putting out wargaming stuff - Little Wars was their mag to support the products. It only ran 12 issues, before D&D suddenly went ballistic. There was one combined Dragon/LW issue (Dragon 22) before they realised wargaming was just getting in the way of where the real money was and they ditched pretty much all of it.

Regards

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:51 pm 

Decent looking OD&D White Box Set (Non-OCE) for $41.00 with 21 hours left.  Questionable feedback on the seller though.

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:54 pm 

NetRodent wrote:Decent looking OD&D White Box Set (Non-OCE) for $41.00 with 21 hours left. Questionable feedback on the seller though.

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

the negs are from quite some time ago tho - but then so is the majority of the feedback :)

*edit*

just checked the feedbacks - man they are quite bad - would be VERY wary of sending that guy any funds!

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:56 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:A couple of interesting character sheets in this lot, but far from complete:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

Either a couple of newbie bidders really want this or there's some shilling going on.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:04 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:just checked the feedbacks - man they are quite bad - would be VERY wary of sending that guy any funds!

And FIVE user IDs. There's just not a good reason for switching IDs like that ... I mean once, sure, no problem. But five times?

There's WAY too many red flags here; proceed with extreme caution.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:05 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
NetRodent wrote:Decent looking OD&D White Box Set (Non-OCE) for $41.00 with 21 hours left. Questionable feedback on the seller though.

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

the negs are from quite some time ago tho - but then so is the majority of the feedback :)

*edit*

just checked the feedbacks - man they are quite bad - would be VERY wary of sending that guy any funds!

No kidding, but it looks like a pretty nice 5th print.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:05 pm 

1st Print DMG & 3rd Print MM no bids, an opening bid of $3.00 and just over 1 day to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Both are in pretty rough shape, but for $3.00 could be a decent stop gap until you can get a nice one. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:53 pm 

3 Nuckols art Portfolios:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Still only $6.50 with 2 days to go.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:04 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote: http://cgi.ebay.com/As-new-AD-D-R-Serie ... -4-RPGA-1- 4_W0QQitemZ8732586821QQcategoryZ44112QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is the link to the scans for the above auction.

http://homepage.mac.com/wayahead1/eBayp ... Album8.htm

There are alot of pics

This one has taken a very serious turn now. 8O I hope the people bidding on that auction have take a very close look at the larger pictures, becasue even the shrinked ones are far from being in Mint condition.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This one has taken a very serious turn now. 8O I hope the people bidding on that auction have take a very close look at the larger pictures, becasue even the shrinked ones are far from being in Mint condition.

*g*. And here was me thinking Jeff might just have been protecting his investment (if he has all these shrinks, that is)... Surprised you didn't join in ;)

Yeah, already forewarned about the visible staple rust. I see a few other minor faults elsewhere and response was somewhat non-commital on warping due to the shrink *points to auction questions*

So, not "NM", but hopefully any bidders were confident as to the "actual" grade, since it's definitely "wysiwyg" owing to the seller's helpfulness on answers & pics, where requested.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:44 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:This one has taken a very serious turn now. 8O I hope the people bidding on that auction have take a very close look at the larger pictures, becasue even the shrinked ones are far from being in Mint condition.

*g*. And here was me thinking Jeff might just have been protecting his investment (if he has all these shrinks, that is)... Surprised you didn't join in ;)

Yeah, already forewarned about the visible staple rust. I see a few other minor faults elsewhere and response was somewhat non-commital on warping due to the shrink *points to auction questions*

So, not "NM", but hopefully any bidders were confident as to the "actual" grade, since it's definitely "wysiwyg" owing to the seller's helpfulness on answers & pics, where requested.

I had considered it, but it is going to end up too high for me to seriously compete. Thing of it is, that the price for whats there is still decent, but if gets a lot higher, like in the $2k range, I think the winner is going to end up being pretty disapointed if they haven't realized the fact that the R1, R2, & RPGA1 all have damage on the edges/corners and torn shrinkOn top of that, the R3 looks to be opened almost completely at the top and is clearly warped. Those flaws in conjunction with the fact that, as you pointed out, the RPGAs 2-4 all have some pretty heavy staple rusting which may also be present in the R set, they just dont seem to be worth that $2k range that a mint set should go for.  Just my $.02

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:09 am 

bclarkie wrote:
I had considered it, but it is going to end up too high for me to seriously compete. Thing of it is, that the price for whats there is still decent, but if gets a lot higher, like in the $2k range, I think the winner is going to end up being pretty disapointed if they haven't realized the fact that the R1, R2, & RPGA1 all have damage on the edges/corners and torn shrinkOn top of that, the R3 looks to be opened almost completely at the top and is clearly warped. Those flaws in conjunction with the fact that, as you pointed out, the RPGAs 2-4 all have some pretty heavy staple rusting which may also be present in the R set, they just dont seem to be worth that $2k range that a mint set should go for. Just my $.02

i am about the same there. for a time i seriously considered a bash at this, but the more i thought about it, the more put off i was really. decided to wait and save what small amount of money i do have :)

prb still a decent catch, but imo, if it was me shelling the cash, i would have wanted them in better condition for that kinda money.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:33 pm 

Here's an early Greyhawk folio in with some other items:

Miss L Fire: Women's Shoes | eBay

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:40 am 

TSR- Vintage Game Honeycomb Sheets - TSR

TSR Game | eBay

12 hours left with an opening bid of $8.99 ($6.00 S/H).  9 hex sheets with the TSR wizard logo.  Also, sheets are rolled up, like they were stored in a poster tube.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:37 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
I had considered it, but it is going to end up too high for me to seriously compete. Thing of it is, that the price for whats there is still decent, but if gets a lot higher, like in the $2k range, I think the winner is going to end up being pretty disapointed if they haven't realized the fact that the R1, R2, & RPGA1 all have damage on the edges/corners and torn shrinkOn top of that, the R3 looks to be opened almost completely at the top and is clearly warped. Those flaws in conjunction with the fact that, as you pointed out, the RPGAs 2-4 all have some pretty heavy staple rusting which may also be present in the R set, they just dont seem to be worth that $2k range that a mint set should go for. Just my $.02

i am about the same there. for a time i seriously considered a bash at this, but the more i thought about it, the more put off i was really. decided to wait and save what small amount of money i do have :)

prb still a decent catch, but imo, if it was me shelling the cash, i would have wanted them in better condition for that kinda money.

Al

In the end I guess that's a record for Rahasia, over 800 bucks!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:04 am 

World of greyhawk, mono-color adventures and some other really old D&D and JG items.

D&D Maps: Role Playing Games | eBay

Beware: NO Paypal and 94,4% feedback rating!!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 111123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 109110111