Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 65 of 111123 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:33 am 

jamesmishler wrote:he's got a few interesting pieces, though

And every single auction title is the same :!:

I'm willing to give eBay n00bs a certain level of leeway, but ... c'mon ... exactly what strategy is in play here? Either I'm missing something, or this guy doesn't have all the spots on his dice ... :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:22 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/As-new-AD-D-R-Serie ... -4-RPGA-1- 4_W0QQitemZ8732586821QQcategoryZ44112QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is the link to the scans for the above auction.

http://homepage.mac.com/wayahead1/eBaypics/

PhotoAlbum8.htm

There are alot of pics

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:10 am 

Does anybody know this seller?  Are they a member here?

Ad&d Dungeon Masters Guide | eBay

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:22 am 

Is it just the angle or my ageing eyes, or does the front label on this 3rd print woody look larger than what you usually see?

Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition | eBay

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:50 am 

You see correctly. The label on my third is bigger than the label on my first. I wondered about it myself, as maybe a possible way to distinguish boxes. The side label also appears on different sides. On the 1st Woody the label on the right, while the 3rd has the label on the left. I don't know about second print.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:52 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Does anybody know this seller? Are they a member here?

Ad&d Dungeon Masters Guide | eBay

i've never heard of him/her...

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:07 pm 

Seriously, what am I missing here?  Someone expecting to break this up and average $10-12 per module in resales?

Ad&d Modules Lot | eBay

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:29 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Seriously, what am I missing here? Someone expecting to break this up and average $10-12 per module in resales?

Ad&d Modules Lot | eBay

Crap.  It has the UK mono D3 I'm hunting for, but I'm not bidding anywhere near that much for it.   :evil:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:42 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Seriously, what am I missing here? Someone expecting to break this up and average $10-12 per module in resales?

Ad&d Modules Lot | eBay

Its not too crazy yet, at about $4.75 per item before shipping.  Tha being said though there a lot of Role-Aids modules in there that usually dont go for sh*t, that causes the real problem there. Just my $.02

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:57 pm 

If I were buying big lots at the moment, I might throw $850-900 at it . . .  However, that's an awful lot to chance on it.  You should make out good if most items are in excellent condition like the seller states . . . in the end, I'd probably chicken out - there's just too much that can go wrong for that price.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:01 pm 

Also interesting to note that this U.S.-only auction currently has a high bidder who doubles as a famous UK feline. I'm guessing that the seller got a "I'm an Aluminum-Sided, Ruby-Encrusted Power Seller" letter ... :roll:

I'm with BTB, though ... so much could go wrong here ...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:06 pm 

Looks like this guy is back again, with two more WG4s mint-on-card, after selling the two I listed earlier...

eBay listings

Maybe he has a case of them? That might affect the rarity a bit, exspecially if it was a Toys-R-Us case and not a standard TSR module case...

jamesmishler wrote:WG4 on card, BIN $20...

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

And another, same dealer?

Did he accidentally double list or does he have two?

Am I missing out on a great deal by passing it on, or is that price high? I'm broke, anyway... :(

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:13 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:Looks like this guy is back again, with two more WG4s mint-on-card, after selling the two I listed earlier...

eBay listings

Maybe he has a case of them? That might affect the rarity a bit, exspecially if it was a Toys-R-Us case and not a standard TSR module case...

jamesmishler wrote:WG4 on card, BIN $20...

And another, same dealer?

Did he accidentally double list or does he have two?

Am I missing out on a great deal by passing it on, or is that price high? I'm broke, anyway... :(

Hmm, I know that seller.  She had 8 of them originally.  She agreed to sell them to me all 8 of them for $20.00 apiece, but then she jerked me around. :x   I am assuming that the 2 new ones are probably her last 2, if I counted correctly.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Hmm, I know that seller. She had 8 of them originally. She agreed to sell them to me all 8 of them for $20.00 apiece, but then she jerked me around. :x I am assuming that the 2 new ones are probably her last 2, if I counted correctly.

She just put up a third that I bought for the hell of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8734250842

I really needed one like a hole in the head 8O but now I'm curious if she will pop more up :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:39 pm 

Daimajin wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Hmm, I know that seller. She had 8 of them originally. She agreed to sell them to me all 8 of them for $20.00 apiece, but then she jerked me around. :x I am assuming that the 2 new ones are probably her last 2, if I counted correctly.

I really needed one like a hole in the head 8O but now I'm curious if she will pop more up :?

Well, checking through her feedback I was able to count 3 other and including the 5 that she has sold today would make 8, but I am positve either Mishra aka Marlith here or addermcone won her first auction and I am not seeing any feedback from either one of them. That could either mean that they havent received it yet, haven't left feedback yet, so maybe the deal fell through. :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:57 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Daimajin wrote:

Well, checking through her feedback I was able to count 3 other and including the 5 that she has sold today would make 8, but I am positve either Mishra aka Marlith here or addermcone won her first auction and I am not seeing any feedback from either one of them. That could either mean that they havent received it yet, haven't left feedback yet, so maybe the deal fell through. :?

Well, so much for my theory, that same damn seller has up 2 more. :roll:   I guess she lied to me abouth that too. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:58 pm 

Here is a Lankhmar Game from 1976 with a $30.00 BIN:

Fritz Leiber: Books | eBay

Box is rough, but seller claims pieces are 100% there and in excellent condition. MIght be worth a query to ascertain if 100% actually equals 100%. :wink:

<edit> Same seller actually has Awful Green Things form Outer Space with a $45.00 BIN. This is also claimed to be 100% complete:

Awful Green Things: Board & Traditional Games | eBay

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Daimajin wrote:

I got mine. I am just terrible for feedback sometimes.

In the original auction they had one listed but they had eight and you could buy one or all. They had made arrangments with someone else here to sell them eight but I messed that up (unintentionally) when I bid on the auction. She was going to sell all eight at $20 each I guess. I ended paying $31 grrr....  At the end of the auction I had ask them about the other seven and they said they had all of them allocated at the price I paid. Then low and behold they all come up for auction and someone bought some and then yet more came up for auction. Then a few days ago they send me an email telling me they found more and I could buy them for either $21 or $25 or something like that. I never replied because the entire series of events left me feeling like something shady had just occurred.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 65 of 111123 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 109110111