Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 60 of 111123 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:18 am 

Prufrock wrote:Giorgio,

We need specifics in order to give your application for membership the attention it deserves. :lol:

Martin

Perfectly right!  :)

Well ... I've paid 791 $ for a white box (in the auction there was also a 2nd ed. chaimail but, at the time, I didn't even know what it was!!) 8O .

Then I've bought an Enciclopedya Magica (from Jonb ... :roll: ) for 171 $.

Then I've bought the Four supplements (no particular editions) for (more or less) 150 $ (sorry, I don't remember ...).

Then ... :wink:

Is it enough?  :o

Giorgio

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:36 am 

Giorgio,

Your application is now complete.  AL and I will will make a decision shortly.

As to your specifics:  the 791 for white box and 2nd ed. chainmail certainly look good for inclusion in the club.  However, your purchase from Jonb is quite the negative to my tastes.  You must understand Al and I have certain standards that must be upheld.

Now please stand on your head and wait for our decision.  Decisions can take as much as three days.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:45 am 

lol :)

i think i paid like $73 for my L3 from memory. would need to look back through paypal to make sure, but am sure thats what it was. no doubt ian or david will put me right if i am wrong :D

giorgio, at them rates, you are automatically posted onto executive level :D

course we need a name for this club?

we should have a seperate thread where everyone can post their shameful moments :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:09 am 

Prufrock wrote:
However, your purchase from Jonb is quite the negative to my tastes. You must understand Al and I have certain standards that must be upheld.

Martin

to my discharge I would say that I've bought from jonb before discovering "the acaeum" so I didin't even imagine who he was ... :)

But I understand your standards ...  :wink:

killjoy32 wrote:
giorgio, at them rates, you are automatically posted onto executive level

I'm trying to give up with this behaviour.

Maybe in the future I'll be able to pay the right price for every item ... Who knows?! :)

Cheers

Giorgio

PS: for Alan, have you had the occasion to control the basic set in your store? thank you.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:59 am 

What would be overpaying for these items?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:16 am 

Zippanthropus wrote:What would be overpaying for these items?

I think $100 is about as far as I'd be willing to go on those. D2 and D3 seem to be harder to come by. The others are quite common.

That said, I'm sure Dungeon DH will milk as much money out of the auction as he can. Be very carful bidding on his auctions. If I were you, I wouldn't place my bid until the last 20 seconds. That way there is less of a chance that Dungeon DH has jacked up the price with false bids.

And if you're lurking here Dungeondad, I'm sure you can work out what DH stands for.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:22 am 

Prufrock wrote:We're members of the same club. I payed $130 for my L3 back when I knew nothing about the values of modules. I thought I was in a club by myself though.

I'm a member of the opposite club:  sometime back in the latter 90s before I had first moved to CA from KS, the local Hastings in Lawrence, KS, was selling off their gaming stuff, and they had at least two copies of the Silver Anniversary sets in shrink in their clearance bins at 50% off, and I didn't get around to buying any since that was just before I'd gotten back into D&D.  Le sigh.

That's not as bad as my distinct memories of looking over and then putting down copies of R1-4 at one of the Northeaster Cons (where I played "Treasure of the Dragon Queen"), since I didn't like the artwork style of the covers.  Sheesh :roll: :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:00 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

I think $100 is about as far as I'd be willing to go on those. D2 and D3 seem to be harder to come by. The others are quite common.

It all depends on how much of a rush you're in, (and how picky you are about condition/printing).  You can get the six of these for less than $10 each, if you're patient.  Sometimes you can score a decent copy of one of them for $2-3.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:42 pm 

Yes. The same set would probably close at around $60 in mid-summer. There is a seasonal thing about buying/selling between October and March. A definate 20% increase with as much as 40% on some well placed items. Christmas is deffinately the seller's market.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:52 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

It all depends on how much of a rush you're in, (and how picky you are about condition/printing). You can get the six of these for less than $10 each, if you're patient. Sometimes you can score a decent copy of one of them for $2-3.

Shameless plug to follow:

I've got 3 of the six up right now...help yourself!  :)

eBay listings

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:59 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:

It all depends on how much of a rush you're in, (and how picky you are about condition/printing). You can get the six of these for less than $10 each, if you're patient. Sometimes you can score a decent copy of one of them for $2-3.

Shameless plug to follow:

I've got 3 of the six up right now...help yourself! :)

eBay listings

That T1-4 you have up looks good, been looking for a copy to play with.

"Always looking for that boxed set feeling"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:08 am 

Rougher OCE but with a boatload of extras. $150 to open and a $250 BIN though.....

D D original boxed set AD D boxed sets much more | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:20 am 

Seller with M&TA sets 1, 2 & 3....

t-horde in Toys & Hobbies > Games| eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:21 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

That said, I'm sure Dungeon DH will milk as much money out of the auction as he can. Be very carful bidding on his auctions. If I were you, I wouldn't place my bid until the last 20 seconds. That way there is less of a chance that Dungeon DH has jacked up the price with false bids.

And if you're lurking here Dungeondad, I'm sure you can work out what DH stands for.

Wait!  What does it mean?    :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:12 am 

True 1st Print DMG.  Not the best condition but not terrible.  For those looking to fill a spot in their collections

Ad&d Dungeon Masters Guide | eBay

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:37 am 

Not a TSR item, but I'll post it here anyway for the visibility.  

"Adventures in Fantasy" boxed set, signed by BOTH Arneson and Snider.  Take a close look at the Snider signature:

DC Adventures RPG: Nonfiction | eBay

I bought Snider's personal copy a few months ago, and he sent it with an essay on the item (including some reflections on working with Arneson).  In the essay, he mentions that signing session, and a minor detail in his signature that only his fans would notice.  Can anyone here spot it?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:11 am 

Ack ! My eyes are killing me from trying to figure it out...is it something to do with a particular letter/shape ? Almost looks like the word "bard" at the end of Richard...but I'm just reaching now  :roll:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:12 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

Wait! What does it mean?  :?

I'm assuming D#ck Head

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 60 of 111123 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 109110111