Were original Monster & Treasure assortments unbound?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:41 am 

Just got a 2nd print off of eBay as part of an auction for an early boxed basic set that had set #1 (lvls 1-3) and found that it was unbound. Is this the way they were distributed, originally? I do not see any signs that they were originally bound, though a cutting board could have seen to that.

Also found out that I am missing a page - the one that would have both sides with 3rd level monsters. I am hoping the seller has it and will ship it to me. Otherwise, would it be possible for someone to send me a scan of the page (both sides)?

Thx for the help.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:07 pm 

I've got a couple of sets, both of them unbound.  If you don't receive the missing sheet, I can send you the scan.  No problemo.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:09 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I've got a couple of sets, both of them unbound. If you don't receive the missing sheet, I can send you the scan. No problemo.

Thank the Lords of Kobol! Looks like I will need that scan, after all.

I don't blame the seller - not only is it apparent that they were originally unbound, but the pages themselves were unnumbered. One would have to look quite closely, and be at least somewhat knowledgeable about D&D rules, to notice that something was missing.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:06 pm 

They were definitely unbound.  Mine were in shrinkwrap only.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."