Alignment Dice Question
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:38 am 

Howdy All,  Does anyone recall the manufacturer of a pair of translucent, red and green, d6's for generating alignments? One die has "LAWFUL", "NEUTRAL", "CHAOTIC" and the other has "GOOD", "NEUTRAL", "EVIL".  I know Chessex has an opaque black and white set out currently and that TSR released a set: RP2 Alignment Generators, that were opaque white.  Does anyone have a set of these and know when they were purchased?  Futures Bright,  Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:49 pm 

I'm curious about this too.  It is somewhat crazy how much the Chessex ones are selling for currently.  I had no idea they were so pricey until I checked the other day.  I own only the white one; I have no idea what happened to the black one.  It would be nice to get a set of these again, but I am not so sure I want to spend a lot to get them.

If anyone knows more about the other pairs that the OP asked about, I am curious to learn more, as well.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:35 pm 

Howdy,

I have since obtained two sets of RP2 Alignment Dice from Bill Hoyer, the man responsible for contracting several RPGA prizes, including the various belt buckles from Bergamont Brass.

The first pair is a prototype with inked-in, engraved letters. One die is white and one die is black. The second pair has printed letters and both dice are white.

So, RP2 Alignment Dice do exist but they are extremely rare.

The Chessex pair is not so rare and can be found in large lots of dice 2-3 times a year.

The red and green pair were produced by The Armory.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.