Sneaky Buy it Now's on Ebay
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:17 am 

How many of you have had success with asking for a Buy It Now price from a seller.  What I mean is when they post an auction with no Buy It Now and you E-mail him asking for one.  I have done it a few times so far and its worked about half the time.

I also have had it done to me with a few auctions that I posted and I refused every time.(probably got some offers from Acaeum members themsleves methinks)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:07 am 

Never tried myself. I do a lot of resale, so imo, it wouldn't be ethical for me to try to chisel a cheaper deal than the market allows me to get ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:28 am 

GraysonAC wrote:Never tried myself. I do a lot of resale, so imo, it wouldn't be ethical for me to try to chisel a cheaper deal than the market allows me to get ;)

Same here - If I'm going to resell something, I don't need to sneak around and try to get an extra good deal before someone else does.  I also don't spoil a seller's BIN price if no one has placed a minimum bid (unless it is down to a day or so left to go).

Except for a few oddball items that I don't know how to price, I BIN everything I sell already - however, I get a question every now and then asking if I have a BIN price and I have to reply that the item already does have one . . . sometimes the questions I get make me wonder if anyone is really reading the descriptions to begin with.  :roll:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:35 am 

I've done it successfully once.  My success rate is definitely worse than 50%... ;)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:42 am 

I have tried it a few different occasions, but I have only been successful at it twice. One time I thought I was successful was back in the spring for that Dwarven Glory/Misty Isles auction, but the seller never put the $60.00 BIN on until it was to late. :(

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:20 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Never tried myself. I do a lot of resale, so imo, it wouldn't be ethical for me to try to chisel a cheaper deal than the market allows me to get ;)

That's my feeling also.  But of course I have no qualms about snatching up low BIN's that the seller posted on their own...  =)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:21 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:

That's my feeling also. But of course I have no qualms about snatching up low BIN's that the seller posted on their own... =)

Ditto. I've got no moral quandries about snatching up a low BIN - if someone isn't aware of an item's value, they should be auctioning the item ;)

I get a lot of my stock from folks that gamble on the low starting price, hoping it'll encourage more bidders. Sometimes it works.. and other times it doesn't :P

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:44 pm 

Been there. Done that. Only worked a couple times. Once got a B9 for $5!! It is usually not worth the hassle.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/