woodgrain sale
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:07 pm 

Hey all,
   I just wanted to drop a line and say that my woodgrain is going up for sale on Ebay in the next couple of days. Last time I tried to sell it, a sh*t-storm erupted  :lol: . Here is the previous thread about1245-0-asc-0.html

I have not been able to track down the one book that would make this a true 1st ed. / 1st printing. I will be selling the set "as is". Let the discussions begin again...

When I put it up for sale, I will provide a link in the classified forum and in this thread.

I hope all of you are doing well this summer!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:49 pm 

PeterFedofsky wrote:Hey all,
I just wanted to drop a line and say that my woodgrain is going up for sale on Ebay in the next couple of days. Last time I tried to sell it, a sh*t-storm erupted :lol: . Here is the previous thread about1245-0-asc-0.html

I have not been able to track down the one book that would make this a true 1st ed. / 1st printing. I will be selling the set "as is". Let the discussions begin again...

When I put it up for sale, I will provide a link in the classified forum and in this thread.

I hope all of you are doing well this summer!

I am game. :wink:

*<throws hat into the ring>*

I think I might have a set now that I can mix and match with.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:13 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am game. :wink:

Don't worry, Brian. I've already warned Peter! ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:22 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I am game. :wink:

Don't worry, Brian. I've already warned Peter! ;)

Oh, I have already read the previous thread, so no BIN requests here. :wink:

BTW, Stole my Jade Hare did you. :twisted: I'll fix ya now.

*<sends email to Cougie to let him know you use his picture as your Avatar>* :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:41 pm 

Have had a check through the scans of Peter's books now that they're back online and compared those with the various printings.

Would now definitely disagree with the theory that the set is a chimaera, "with the errata sheets and 3rd book added at a later date".

Is not 100% certain without having the items on-hand and further research copies to confirm consistency, but the green/red ink used on the covers of Peter's copies corresponds well to the later 1st prints (especially noticeable on the M&T), rather than the darker ink used on earlier 1st prints.

(Cross-checking against the pre-pub set would hopefully confirm that).

As the "1st print" U&WA cover was also clearly reprinted in line with the "true" 2nd print ( Re: OCE question ), it is pretty likely that Peter's set was just put together in good old TSR mix-and-match fashion when they ran out of those later/variant 1st print U&WAs.

Errata sheets make perfect sense in this context.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:40 pm 

Hmmm, I may have to emerge from my cave for this one...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:14 pm 

Let the fun begin again!

Here is the link to the auction. Please PLEASE feel free to ask me any questions about the set. I hope someone from the board gets this (and not a random reseller!) Here is the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5231538463

...and so the tempest rages again  :lol:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:26 pm 

Much larger scans [ed.] below.

[re-edits link to old hi-res pics back in again]

The Holy Grail is up for sale on E-Bay • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

(actually they do complement the newer ones quite well. Thanks for supplying both, Peter. :))

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:33 pm 

The newer pics are located in hi-res here.

Comcast

Comcast

Comcast

Comcast

Comcast

If you need to request an additional photo, I will be glad to supply one.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:06 pm 

THere I just placed a small token bid. :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:07 pm 

Slow Brian, slow... ^^

aside: I forgot to observe that this is the second time the set's been offered soon after an incomplete first print, for which I was underbidder both times. :?

previous; The Holy Grail is up for sale on E-Bay • Page 3 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:18 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Slow Brian, slow... ^^

aside: I forgot to observe that this is the second time the set's been offered soon after an incomplete first print, for which I was underbidder both times. :?

previous; The Holy Grail is up for sale on E-Bay • Page 3 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

Hehe. :)   My bid really isnt that big, and looks like I have already gotten a bit of a nudge. :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:23 pm 

*watches the "token" counter-attack...*

aside: Remember the (missing) reference sheets apparently called for in a later 1st set; per The Holy Grail is up for sale on E-Bay • Page 4 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum , the set that Paul had The Holy Grail is up for sale on E-Bay • Collecting General •  The Acaeum , and the one Brian won recently.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:00 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*watches the "token" counter-attack...*

aside: Remember the (missing) reference sheets apparently called for in a later 1st set; per The Holy Grail is up for sale on E-Bay • Page 4 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum , the set that Paul had The Holy Grail is up for sale on E-Bay • Collecting General •  The Acaeum , and the one Brian won recently.

Sure enough. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Looks like all the BIG fish have come too take a bite on this one(except me of course :oops: ).

*<little fish takes another nibble and swims away>* :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:36 pm 

:lol:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:36 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Sure enough. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Looks like all the BIG fish have come too take a bite on this one(except me of course :oops: ).

Don't swim away just yet little fish... seems to me you are still in there with a chance.  :wink:

I wonder how IO's museum project is going?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:44 pm 

improvstone wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Sure enough. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Looks like all the BIG fish have come too take a bite on this one(except me of course :oops: ).

Don't swim away just yet little fish... seems to me you are still in there with a chance. :wink:

I wonder how IO's museum project is going?

Well, this fish isn't even in the same pond. :( But I'll hang around for the discussion all the same.

It seems that the seller has vastly under-rated the condition of this set, at least from what we can see -- that box is a lot better than "good", and rust-free booklets on a woodgrain? 8O Time machines are more common, I'm sure he just grabbed them straight from 1974.

I'm sticking with my original prediction on what these will go for, I believe it was $1611.38.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:48 pm 

We're almost finished, if the darn city would get off our backs about the building permits that held us up months. We got busted on a few electrical and building violations, and ever since the real-estate and building crazy… the county permit departments have been in a quagmire. What used to take weeks now takes months. I should be posting pics within a few weeks though.

Mike

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Next