Feedback removal
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:54 pm 

How exactly does one have negative feedback removed? I remember something about if you have the person's name in the response?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:00 pm 

EBay policy is that if there is personal info in the feedback, and it is reported to them (see eBay help topic) they will remove the entire transaction from the feedback list of both the buyer and the seller.

So if you reply to negative feedback by saying...'You're a lying git, David McLaren.' they will delete the whole transaction from the feedback record.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:03 pm 

I imagine that intentionally doing that might cause problems though. I'd suggest asking someone *else* to report your feedback, instead of replying with their name and then asking eBay to remove it ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:03 pm 

If the guy uses your name, then its a straight forward removal request. If you're just pissed that someone unjustly left negative feedback, then posting a response (followup comment) in his feedback page stating his name or phone number I tried to call you James on 01845 657223... would result in him requesting eBay remove it, and his negative on your page would be removed by default.

All eBay do is send you a standard e-mail saying 'you don't seem to be aware of the policy. You can view our policy on this web page...'

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:41 pm 

I think all you need to do is post a reply with some mildly offensive term in it and they'll remove it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:48 am 

I wanted to mention this . . .  I don't know if it is a new ebay policy, but it's a way to potentially avoid negative feedback from a buyer.  Basically, anyone who doesn't officially respond in the alotted time (through ebay channels) to a NPB alert CAN NOT leave feedback . . .  or rather, they can leave a comment, but no rating.

pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/losing-fee ... leges.html

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "