Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:23 am 

DUNGEON MAJESTY

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:06 am 

Oh yeah, I saw this site about 8 or 9 months ago. Hilarious! Basically a scroungy looking guy running a D&D game for a group of (marginally) hot girls, and they film it! And insert badly acted reenactments of combat and encounters and stuff. It's so badly done and kitchy that it's cool.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:06 am 

Plaag wrote:DUNGEON MAJESTY

ShaneG.

i've seen that before - ages ago - quite amusing :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:13 am 

Intersting to say the least. It kind of reminds of those cheesy B nudie movies made by Misty Mundae and Co.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:52 pm 

They just announced they were moving away from d20 Fantasy for their rules set and going with Castles & Crusades, so for me at least, I'm curious to see how episode 3 turns out (I found episode 1 boring and haven't bothered to watch episode 2).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:11 am 

Traveller wrote:They just announced they were moving away from d20 Fantasy for their rules set and going with Castles & Crusades, so for me at least, I'm curious to see how episode 3 turns out (I found episode 1 boring and haven't bothered to watch episode 2).

Apparantly another thing you shouldn't watch people do in addition to make sausage or laws is play D&D, because it was as excrutiating as watching paint dry.  I haven't had a D&D group that wooden ever, and I haven't DM'ed that awful since I ran B1 for the first time way back in 1979 or so.  Next time the girls need to at go shirtless, or at least kiss each other good night after the session is over, anything....

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:54 am 

Traveller wrote:They just announced they were moving away from d20 Fantasy for their rules set and going with Castles & Crusades, so for me at least, I'm curious to see how episode 3 turns out (I found episode 1 boring and haven't bothered to watch episode 2).

That is an amazing change.  I'm mystified by that (not to mention, how anyone stomachs more than 30 seconds of the show).

I'm amazed that it is still around.  Did episode 3 turn out any better?

Regards,

Stephen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:08 pm 

Dunno.  The announcement was on the Dungeon Majesty front page as of last week, so I don't think number 3 is available as of yet.  Hopefully 3 will be a major improvement over the first two episodes, because quite honestly I have to agree with Badmike.  You have to be a bit of a masochist to enjoy that kind of thing.

(Thankfully, I'm not a masochist, but my other half is. ;))

BUT...regarding the wooden roleplaying and all, it's not the players, but the rule set they're using.  I think they made the change simply because d20 Fantasy didn't fit their style.  Too much roll playing and not enough role playing.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:57 pm 

ShaneG.

Oh my, That's an "interesting: site.

~Clangador
---------------

Black Blade Publishing imprint of OSRIC is not only the most definitive printing of OSRIC to date, but also the single greatest resource for old school gamers since the three original hardbacks written by E. Gary Gygax.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:16 pm 

clangador wrote:

ShaneG.

Oh my, That's an "interesting: site.

hey clang - i just had a look at your site at your wants list :D

whats this module like "H4 The Thrown of Bloodstone" :D :D :D :D

Al