Free Whitey!
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:31 am 

Okay, I'm feeling generous.  And, I'll admit, also motivated by Frank's insistence that the whiteys aren't really all that rare.

So, I'm offering an OCE free to some lucky Acaeum member.  It's far from mint, but good enough.  The booklets have writing and marking in them, but the box is solid.  I'll try to get some pics up.

I want to give it to someone who's either new to collecting, or who wants a set to play with, or who's always wanted one but is too cheap to lay out for one.  Post here, or PM me if you want it.

Or, to make it more fun, post a suggestion for how we can decide who gets it!

-Stephen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:32 am 

*YAY*! Good for ya, Stephen! :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:36 am 

How about the guy with the coolest miniature painting site on the Acaeum.

Blackmoor Miniatures Home

Hey it worth a try!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:51 am 

Well I already have an OCE.  Looks like a troll wiped its butt with it right after a rust monster went after the staples though.  Do you have an orange B3 that you feel the need to donate to an unlucky soul?  I hear those aren't worth that much either.  :wink:

As far as who should receive the benefit of your generosity...how about an essay question?  Something along the lines of "Why I Became a D&D Collector" or "The End of the Cold War and the rise of 2nd Edition".  :twisted:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:09 am 

KingOfPain wrote: Well I already have an OCE. Looks like a troll wiped its butt with it right after a rust monster went after the staples though. Do you have an orange B3 that you feel the need to donate to an unlucky soul? I hear those aren't worth that much either. :wink:

As far as who should receive the benefit of your generosity...how about an essay question? Something along the lines of "Why I Became a D&D Collector" or "The End of the Cold War and the rise of 2nd Edition". :twisted:

My heart strings are being pulled here!  

Hey, I like the essay suggestion, but I'd never get through them all.  How about the best D&D related joke?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:01 pm 

I  unashamedly admit I am too cheap to lay out for one (that & they're hardly ever seen on ebay UK except from at obscene prices). I accept pretty much (grudgingly ;-) ), that I'll probably never own any of the "rare" items.

As for the best D&D joke, does the movie count?

:D

*runs & hides*

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:31 pm 

Winterwords wrote:I unashamedly admit I am too cheap to lay out for one (that & they're hardly ever seen on ebay UK except from at obscene prices). I accept pretty much (grudgingly ;-) ), that I'll probably never own any of the "rare" items.

*runs & hides*

Okay, I'm tempted to consider this thing over already.  Can anyone beat that sad story and bit of humor?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:49 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
Winterwords wrote:I unashamedly admit I am too cheap to lay out for one (that & they're hardly ever seen on ebay UK except from at obscene prices). I accept pretty much (grudgingly ;-) ), that I'll probably never own any of the "rare" items.

*runs & hides*

Okay, I'm tempted to consider this thing over already. Can anyone beat that sad story and bit of humor?

Personally, I think that the D&D movie is the"worst" D&D joke ever :wink:

BTW, Welcome back Stephen :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:53 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Personally, I think that the D&D movie is the"worst" D&D joke ever :wink:

BTW, Welcome back Stephen :D

Thanks, Brian.  Nice to be back!  Looks like I missed some good action, as usual...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:17 pm 

Well, there is the one about the tournament party and the Gazebo...

Cheers,
Malcolm

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:52 pm 

I'd say WinterWolf is the candidate of the hour. I have a duct-taped one somewhere in my stash, I should liberate it and give that away too. I think it was a 4th+/?^@!* print........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:08 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I'd say WinterWolf is the candidate of the hour. I have a duct-taped one somewhere in my stash, I should liberate it and give that away too. I think it was a 4th+/?^@!* print........

Sheesh. You guys and your flagrant generosity! Just sickening, I tell ya. I'm purposefully pulling myself out of the contest 'cause I know I'll just put them on eBay and make a quick buck, if I win, but I'll partipate all the same. :D

Here is an adaptation of my favorite one:

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Rude, Interrupting, Krynn Minotaur."

"Rude, Inter--"

"MOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:33 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I'd say WinterWolf is the candidate of the hour. I have a duct-taped one somewhere in my stash, I should liberate it and give that away too. I think it was a 4th+/?^@!* print........

How about I cry poverty and want to have hobbits, ents, and balrogs in my game? ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:11 pm 

I have no money to collect and am now selling off my entire comic book collection in the hopes of raising money for a new car. I only acquire a few items now and then that I "lift" off of the occasional lot.  I do not own a Whitey.

Though I mainly resell to make some cash . . . I would NEVER resell a gift.

Upon request, I can get more pathetic :cry: :cry: :cry:

Though it is not a "Joke", I do have a slightly amusing story.

One time my wife and I were out of town and I decided to check out a local gaming store. After looking around for awhile, she returned from watching a couple of guys arguing over a Warhammer battle field. She amusedly remarked how "seriously invovled" everyone in this "Geek Store" was.

- I said "shhh. Be quiet, they can hear you!"

- She Said. "Fine. How about "G" store. That can be our code word."

- I said: "Very smooth. They'll never catch on to that one . . . "

And remember! I at least humiliated myself on a public forum instead of PM's. That's gotta count for something.  8)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:15 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Here is an adaptation of my favorite one:

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Rude, Interrupting, Krynn Minotaur."

"Rude, Inter--"

"MOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:18 pm 

Damn, I'm impressed.  

I've said this before ... so I apologize for the redundant sentimentality ... but this is one extraordinary group of folks we have here at The Acaeum.  

Perhaps FoulFoot is the most deserving candidate for giving all us retired thieves and barbarians a playground for our hobby.  

Keith

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:08 pm 

Well I must say if we are nominating people to recieve the free "whitey", then I would say if anyone deserves it, it has to be BTB. Self inflicted public humiliation aside, with all the free stuff that he has given away to members here and didnt even charge for the shipping of them, than I would say with out a doubt he should get it. Just my $.02. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:16 pm 

Very kind of you Stephen…I'm sure the OCE will find a nice new home. Best of luck all… :)

Blackmoor, your miniature site is amazing. You and your wife are at the top level. I really enjoyed the scratch built stuff…It's my favorite part of the hobby. If you get a chance visit the Dwarven Forge Forum? There are many talented painters as well as do-it-yourself miniaturists. BTW, are the columns in the "Ruined Temple" standard ones for wedding cakes? I've used them and those look familiar. :roll:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Next