3000 or more 8%       8%  [ 3 ]
5000+ you are nuts 5%       5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 38

Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:59 am 

I do not have ANY unique D&D items at all. I do have a few rare items though.

A Shrink-wrapped copy of B3: Palace of the Silver Princess (orange cover).
A Near-Mint Box with mint books of the Second Print Run of the Original Woodgrain Box Set. (A "Second Woody").
A Pristine copy of a True First Print of Greyhawk.
A copy of each of Dragon magazines first 7 issues, each in Near Mint condition
A second edition of Chainmail by Guidon Games in Near Mint condition.
At least one copy of each of the RPGA and R modules. (No pre-pubs though)
At least one copy of each of the Strategic Review issues 1-7. All in Near Mint condition.
About a dozen White box Sets. All of them are complete, and they range from Mint to Poor conditions.
And other items that are more common.

I have bid many times on more expensive and rare items too, such as ST1, POTVQ, Pharaoh, and Rahasia (Daystar West) each time unsuccessfully.

I also recently owned a Near-Mint copy of Chainmail; Guidon Games, 1st Edition. I traded it to another collector a short time ago for other rare items.

I do not have anywhere near 3000 D&D Items. Even counting common items and duplicates, such as B-2, Core Rules Books and White box Sets, I doubt if I have anywhere near 500 individual items..... As such I recon I would be considered an amateur collector.

Possibly I am in the top million or so collectors out there, certainly nowhere near the top 5...

Of course as for RPG's; I only collect D&D Items from the first and second editions, I collect no other RPG's at all and I do not (Usually) re-sell. In the three years that I have been visiting E-Bay, I have purchased about 300 different auction listings (About 400 items in all) on E-Bay and I have only had about 8 auction listings (As a seller) on E-Bay. And all of those listings were for extra copies of items that I was unloading.

As an aside, I also collect Older Comic books, Older Pro Football Cards and other football memorabilia, and some Older Antique Scientific (Surveying) Instruments.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:43 am 

I have um around 1000+ different RPG items some repeats....
B2's out the A-hole

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:49 am 

i havent even got a clue whats in my collection cos its that long since i looked :)

i dont even come close to 500 items, that i KNOW....but then i dont really care. ppl who have masses of stuff, i admire and ppl who have the real rare items, i am envious of, but in the end, its MY collection and i like it and thats what its all about in the end. if others have tons more than me, well so what? one day i will be lucky to get items i am looking for, but a true collection is something that you are very passionate about for YOU....to talk about with other collectors, maybe trade and discuss, but hardly to wave about in front of other peoples faces and go nyah nyah....whats the point of that? if i had 2000 items, i would sell 1500, cos there are just too many to fit in my house :D

you should appreciate what you have. be happy that you have it and enjoy what you are a part of.

but there we go :)

its funny how you look at it tho, cos to me, my mint SW copy of Q1 will always mean more to me than ST1 would :) it was the first mod i ever played in school and will always give me the best buzz no matter what, when talking about a collection.

so in the end....i cant vote either :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:29 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i dont even come close to 500 items, that i KNOW....but then i dont really care. ppl who have masses of stuff, i admire and ppl who have the real rare items, i am envious of, but in the end, its MY collection and i like it and thats what its all about in the end. if others have tons more than me, well so what? one day i will be lucky to get items i am looking for, but a true collection is something that you are very passionate about for YOU....to talk about with other collectors, maybe trade and discuss, but hardly to wave about in front of other peoples faces and go nyah nyah....whats the point of that?

Very well said. I concur totally  :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:01 pm 

Thats what i think too. Thats why I am dumping. Hackmaster rules! :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:14 am 

i just wish i could afford to keep what i buy :) sheesh my collection would triple overnight heheh :)

lifes a bitch, then you die :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:20 am 

I buy alot of stuff with the intention of selling it later and then I never seem to get around to list it.  It a killer on the credit card fees :(

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Previous