ebay problem
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:04 pm 

Hi-- I don't think I've seen anyone mention this problem, but have any of you encountered this in list view of auctions: the entire line for the listing, except the price and end time, is blank?  No hotlink, no picture, nothing.  The only way to find out what the listing is for is to go into the compare window.  A real hassle and happens to me a lot.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:21 pm 

Achizar wrote:Hi-- I don't think I've seen anyone mention this problem, but have any of you encountered this in list view of auctions: the entire line for the listing, except the price and end time, is blank? No hotlink, no picture, nothing. The only way to find out what the listing is for is to go into the compare window. A real hassle and happens to me a lot.

I have had the same problem myself over the last few weeks. I have no idea why this is happening. It seems to occur more on UK auctions than US auctions but it is definitely occuring on both. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:39 pm 

Amazing. An eBay/PayPal problem I'm not having!

Haven't seen that one myself, yet.

*knocks on wood*

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:29 pm 

Well, if it's happening to you too bclarkie, maybe they're on to us-- too many good deals lately?

Wishful thinking.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:09 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Achizar wrote:Hi-- I don't think I've seen anyone mention this problem, but have any of you encountered this in list view of auctions: the entire line for the listing, except the price and end time, is blank? No hotlink, no picture, nothing. The only way to find out what the listing is for is to go into the compare window. A real hassle and happens to me a lot.

I have had the same problem myself over the last few weeks. I have no idea why this is happening. It seems to occur more on UK auctions than US auctions but it is definitely occuring on both. :?

yeah thats ebay stopping BC from bidding and getting the best goodies. giving us other guys a chance to get the good stuff too instead of him cornering it all :)

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:43 am 

I noticed this morning that hundreds of my listings in my Ebay store are doing this.  Checked some competitors, and they have the same problem. Really odd.  I wonder if Ebay is trying out some new coding or software; damn inconvenient of them.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:01 pm 

Achizar wrote:Well, if it's happening to you too bclarkie, maybe they're on to us-- too many good deals lately?

Wishful thinking.

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

yeah thats ebay stopping BC from bidding and getting the best goodies. giving us other guys a chance to get the good stuff too instead of him cornering it all :)

Al

Geez, A guy wins a 1st print woody and some R/RPGA modules and you guys act like I am winning everyting. :twisted:  :wink:  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:15 pm 

This problem is certainly interesting.  See my post here in Interesting items on EBay about my R/RPGA modules that I posted but are not showing up in the post: Interesting Items Formerly on eBay • Page 91 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

Interesting...................

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:02 pm 

Anyone else still having this problem? I have tried contacting EBay about it twice and they keep insisting that no one else has reported this problem and it must my cookies/temp files which its clearly not. I am starting to get annoyed. :x

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:08 pm 

I had it bad last night.  It happens both at home and (ahem at work) so it isn't a hardware problem per se.