Dragonlance busts
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:56 pm 

Woot! I won the ebay auctions for the Dragonlance busts of Tanis, Sturm & Flint.

It would've been a real winner if they had been of the Twins & Kitiara, but you can't have everything.

Onto the question, I got these items because I like them, but does anyone know anything about them?  (Like should I be keeping my eyes out for Kit and her brothers or don't they exist).

Sturm

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:30 am 

Weird. I thought I knew about every DL product in existence.... but I've never heard of these before.

Winterwords: When you receive these, would you be able to post who they are made by (assuming there is a stamp/print somewhere on them).

Supposedly these are from a set of three busts only, so presumably (and i'm only guessing), these were the only three made. I'm just curious as to whether these were mass-produced at some point, or are just one-off's.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:02 pm 

I know, it's really odd, there's a definite likeness, but Sturm shouldn't have a beard irc.

I'll be sure to post any ifno they have on them.

The owner (currently), said he got two sets, one which he has kept, and the ones I've won. He got them in Cornwall, but the guy he got them from didn't tell him anything about them aside from they were DL.

Maybe they're just an extremely good home job or likeness?

I'll be sure to post more when they arrive.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:16 pm 

Sturm definately shouldn't have a beard.

Sounds like it was a home-job, or just an unusual coincidence.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:04 pm 

I remember seeing this on ebay, but wasn't sure if they were truly Dragonlance characters or not. Sturm with a beard was one thing that left me wondering, since he never had a full beard. Mustache yes, beard no. Leads me to believe they weren't 'official' products. They do look very well made though.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:36 am 

I must confess I thought the same thing.

Sturm has never been depicted with a beard. And to be honest, whilst the ones of Tanis and Flint could pass for them, they could also pass for any other dwarven or half-elven character.

It is curious though. Maybe they are standard D&D busts, that someone along the way confused for being DL characters?

Either way Winterwords, I'm really curious to hear about any logos or anything else on them, when you get them. Because of the quality of the work, I'm pretty sure they are official, but perhaps just not DL related.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:00 pm 

Wow, that was a long one. First off the member forgot about them & went to Holland for a week with work, then posted them to the wrong address. Thankfully, the people he posted them to returned them & they arrived today.

Anyway here's what I've found out about them:

They're cold cast bronze/resin sculptures by Monte M Moore. They aren't Dragonlance, but the reason for the similarity is that he's done some D&D art. (I believe they're viking mythos related).

So disappointingly not DL (like we all suspected), but they're still nice & tenuously related to D&D :D

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:52 pm 

I dont know if it was the same seller or not :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

They had all 3 busts in seperate auctions. I dont think any of them got a bid.

Mike