Ral Partha Personalities 11-066 Goldmoon
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:25 pm 

Here is a picture of a Raistlen My wife painted for a customer, he paid $100.00 for the loose mini on Ebay and $110.00 for the paint job

http://www.blackmoor.ca/rpdlraistlin1.htm

Rustling around my collection and I found a loose kitiara and 11-066 in package Goldmoon, I still need Soth, Tanis and a few others though

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:55 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Here is a picture of a Raistlen My wife painted for a customer, he paid $100.00 for the loose mini on Ebay and $110.00 for the paint job

Rustling around my collection and I found a loose kitiara and 11-066 in package Goldmoon, I still need Soth, Tanis and a few others though

hey Blacky - just had fun looking at the other miniatures - wow what quality painting - very impressed.

i thought Jo, the female Barbarian was really good :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:02 am 

Damn Blackmoor, that's some amazing painting. Prefer the wingless Imogen, myself.

A bit of a.. uh.. theme.. going there  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:58 am 

Ekim Toor wrote: Lord Soth's popularity commands more of a price than Kit, but I have only come across 1 Kitiara in the last couple of years, compared to 7 or so Soth's.

The standing Lord Soth figure is also available from the Ravenloft Denizens Boxed Set and i believe the Lord Soth's Charge Boxed Set. So maybe this is why there are so many of them offered on ebay.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:56 am 

I'd say after closing monitoring ebay for the last couple years, I think the rarest would probably go somewhere in this order (all 11 series Dragonlance):

(these 5 tied for rarest as I've only ever seen each once)
Goldmoon
Sturm
Kitiara
Tasslehoff
Laurana

(the following in order of frequency appearing online via ebay or other; rarest first, and in descending order to most frequently seen)
Tanis
Raistlin
Kender rogues
Sylvara
High Bulp & Bupu
Fizban
Soth
Caramon
Flint

Without a question though, Raistlin fetches the best price of all of them. (I've seen him pop up on ebay 3-4 times in recent years)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:58 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Here is a picture of a Raistlen My wife painted for a customer, he paid $100.00 for the loose mini on Ebay and $110.00 for the paint job

Heh, I thought the name 'Blackmoor' sounded familiar. I've seen your wife's work on 'CoolMiniOrNot.com' and was quite impressed. Quite frequently one of my favorite artists posting there; my compliments. The website is where I recognized the name though. :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:04 am 

frankfromgermany wrote:Here's 11-066 Goldmoon pic for reference

Never had one of those pass through my hands though...

The first time I've seen a nice, clear image of the mini. Many thanks. This might make it a little easier to track down (or at least have a better idea of what to look for). :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:10 am 

frankfromgermany wrote:
Ekim Toor wrote: Lord Soth's popularity commands more of a price than Kit, but I have only come across 1 Kitiara in the last couple of years, compared to 7 or so Soth's.

The standing Lord Soth figure is also available from the Ravenloft Denizens Boxed Set and i believe the Lord Soth's Charge Boxed Set. So maybe this is why there are so many of them offered on ebay.

Lord Soth's charge boxed set has him on the back of a nightmare, but not standing. Accompanied of course by about 12 death knights, each on nightmares as well.

You could get the standing version in a blister pack, in the Ravenloft set, or I believe bundled with the Soth on nightmare (but not part of the Soth's Charge set)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:51 pm 

The standing Lord Soth figure is also available from the Ravenloft Denizens Boxed Set and i believe the Lord Soth's Charge Boxed Set

Is that the arms folded version? or with sword raised like the "villians" issue? If that's correct Frank that increases everyone's chances of finding a loose one. I have 2 spare blisters of Soth if someone has some interesting trade.

Here's my complete opinion: (remember, I'm more of a blister collector)

Raistlin
Kitiara
Soth
Laurana
Goldmoon
Sturm
Sylvara
Tanis
Tasslehoff
Fizban
Kender rogues
Cameron
Flint
High Bulp & Bupu

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:48 pm 

Ekim Toor wrote:
The standing Lord Soth figure is also available from the Ravenloft Denizens Boxed Set and i believe the Lord Soth's Charge Boxed Set

Is that the arms folded version? or with sword raised like the "villians" issue? If that's correct Frank that increases everyone's chances of finding a loose one. I have 2 spare blisters of Soth if someone has some interesting trade.

To my knowledge, Soth holding a sword is only available in the Villains boxed set. There were about 2-3 ways to get one with him with his arms folded (mentioned in an earlier post). Soth's Charge wasn't one of those ways though (I have the boxed set).
For all of the characters, there are the following variations that were made at one point or another:

Tanis (2- 11 series blister & "Heroes" set)
Caramon ("")
Tasslehoff ("")
Flint ("")
Raistlin ("")
Laurana("")
Sturm(3- "Heroes", 11 series blister, early "Dragonlance" set)
Riverwind (1- "Heroes")
Tika (2- "Heroes", early "Dragonlance" set)
Goldmoon (3- "Heroes", 11 series blister, early "Dragonlance" set)
Kitiara (2-11 series blister & "Villains" set)
Dalamar (1- Villains set)
Ariakan (1- Villains set)
Verminaard (2- Villains set & early "Dragonlance" set; potentially 3 if he's the rider featured in the "Red Dragon of Krynn" boxed set)
Toede (2- Villains set & early "Dragonlance" set)
Khisanth (1- "Villains")
Soth (3- "Villains", 11 series blister, "Soth's Charge")
Chot Es Kalin (1 "Villains")
Takhisis (human avatar) (1- "Villains")
Fizban (1- 11 series blister)
Kender Rogues (1- 11 series blister)
High Bulp & Bupu (1- 11 series blister)
Gilthanas (1- 11 series blister)
Sylvara (1- 11 series blister)
Death Knights (12- "Soth's Charge")
Draconians (~15 between "Draconians" and early "Dragonlance" set)

Dragonlance boxed sets
Huma & Silver Dragon
Red Dragon of Krynn (presumably with Verminaard)
Takhisis (5 headed dragon)
Soth's Charge
Dragonlance set
Heroes
Villains
Draconians

Wizards of the Coast have released plastic versions of Soth, Mina and some draconians as well for their tabletop game that replaced the old "Chainmail" line. To date, these are the only Dragonlance specific minis made for the game though.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:27 pm 

frostdawn wrote:

Heh, I thought the name 'Blackmoor' sounded familiar. I've seen your wife's work on 'CoolMiniOrNot.com' and was quite impressed. Quite frequently one of my favorite artists posting there; my compliments. The website is where I recognized the name though. :)

Her handle on Coolmini is saxonangel

Its funny to talk about these miniatures as rare, everybody seamed to have them at one point or another and I remeber seeing them all on the store shelves for about $2-$4 each.   I too try and collect the ones in the package, even different types of packaging.  THey are very hard to find in good condition, many dealers (robsfigs comes to mind) belive the packaging is not important, probably why he (robsfigs) gets the lowest amount for his miniatures overall.  I have had the best finds at old games stores that don't know hwat they have!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:37 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Its funny to talk about these miniatures as rare, everybody seamed to have them at one point or another and I remeber seeing them all on the store shelves for about $2-$4 each.  I too try and collect the ones in the package, even different types of packaging. THey are very hard to find in good condition, many dealers (robsfigs comes to mind) belive the packaging is not important, probably why he (robsfigs) gets the lowest amount for his miniatures overall. I have had the best finds at old games stores that don't know hwat they have!

I wish that were the case over here in Maryland (U.S.). There are only 1 or 2 stores that have been around long enough to possibly have an old minis bin, and neither of them have one. There just isn't much in my area in terms of places offering minis (or at least that I've been able to find). Any stores that might have been around back then most likely went out of business or sold off their old stock long ago to free up retail space.

It doesn't really matter to me what condition a mini is in (loose or in package) as long as I can get it. Admittedly, I do still keep all the boxes and blisters if and when I can get them.  I just need this one last mini to complete the set, and not being able to find it is aggravating.  :?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:07 pm 

damn, got really close to finally getting this #$!*&&!!! mini, but the seller decided to end the auction prematurely... even after I had already bid on it.  :evil:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:54 pm 

frostdawn wrote:damn, got really close to finally getting this #$!*&&!!! mini, but the seller decided to end the auction prematurely... even after I had already bid on it. :evil:

Is Goldmoon the only one you are after?  Do you collect the other minis in the series as well?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:13 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
frostdawn wrote:damn, got really close to finally getting this #$!*&&!!! mini, but the seller decided to end the auction prematurely... even after I had already bid on it. :evil:

Is Goldmoon the only one you are after? Do you collect the other minis in the series as well?

Goldmoon is the only one I'm after since I've managed to track down at least one of all the other Ral Partha Dragonlance minis produced (or at least those that I'm aware of).

As for the other 11 series minis, I haven't really gotten into collecting them that much aside from a Drizzt and an Elminster. The others I'm kinda ambivalent about since I have a ton of old minis from the 70-80s era to work with, not to mention some odds and ends from various other mini lines.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:59 am 

like so....

www.arielarchives.com/Brett/Goldmoon.jpg

Brette:)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:35 am 

Thankfully, I was able to track down a Goldmoon mini (thanks Blackmoor), thus completing my collection of the Dragonlance line of minis. (or at least all of the ones I'm aware of).

On a side note, since my last posting on this thread, I also managed to track down the Denizens of Ravenloft boxed set, and can confirm that the Soth mini in that set is an exact copy of the Soth from the blister packed 11 series of personalities.

This boxed set was a nice surprise, particularly since I was able to get an official Strahd Von Zarovich mini finally. :) (among other finely detailed minis)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:00 am 

frostdawn wrote:Thankfully, I was able to track down a Goldmoon mini (thanks Blackmoor), thus completing my collection of the Dragonlance line of minis. (or at least all of the ones I'm aware of).

On a side note, since my last posting on this thread, I also managed to track down the Denizens of Ravenloft boxed set, and can confirm that the Soth mini in that set is an exact copy of the Soth from the blister packed 11 series of personalities.

This boxed set was a nice surprise, particularly since I was able to get an official Strahd Von Zarovich mini finally. :) (among other finely detailed minis)

The copy of Soth Denizens does not include him mounted though.

PreviousNext