Ral Partha Personalities 11-066 Goldmoon
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:42 pm 

Well, admittedly I'm new on these boards, but am a veteran forum poster. :) Thought I'd take this moment to say hello, and also see if anyone has a Goldmoon (loose or in blister, don't care) 11-066 they would like to part with for a fair price. I need this mini for a complete Dragonlance set (ie all Dragonlance products produced by Ral Partha). Might even be able to set up a trade since I have doubles of several different minis as well.

respond or PM me with any offers
Thanks

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:36 pm 

Looks like it is in less than ideal condition, but this might tide you over for now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =WDVW&rd=1

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:41 pm 

Thanks for the heads up, but if it's the mini I think your referring to (far right in the picture) then that is the one from the first boxed set featuring Goldmoon, Sturm, Verminaard, Toede, and a few Draconians (which I have). I've only ever seen one picture of this mini which is here (bottom picture in the gallery):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

so I have an idea of what I'm looking for. I saw one on ebay around a year or 2 ago, and bid on it, but was outbid at around $50-60 IIRC. I haven't seen one of these since. :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:56 pm 

*gasp*

Sorry, frostdawn, if I got your hopes up.  I pulled the equivalent of giving you a link to a B1 module when you were asking about an R1.

I am ignorant in the ways of minis, as you no doubt have figured out.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:59 pm 

No worries, I definitely appreciate the attempt. Any and all leads are much appreciated. :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:14 pm 

Hi Frostdawn

I have a Goldmoon in the process of being painted professionally. If you have doubles of a 11-series Raisltin I would be interested in working out some sort of swap. Also, I'd be interested in knowing the rest of your doubles list from the 11's.  8)

Cheers

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:54 pm 

Unfortunately, I only have one 11 series Raistlin (I almost got a second, but the buyer didn't want to part with it after all). For 11 series, I have an extra Fizban, Caramon, Kender Rogues, Tanis, Sylvara, Soth, Bupu (extra is missing the bouquet of flowers) and Gilthanas. I also have extras of the figs from some of the boxed sets like Kitiara, Dalamar, Soth, Verminaard, Toede, Khisanth and possibly some others. If interested in a trade or if I can buy from you, PM me.
Thanks

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:02 pm 

How about a 2 for 1 trade or something along those lines?
Maybe $50-100? A combo of the 2?

In 3 years of searching, I've only ever seen one of these ANYWHERE online (ebay); I can't even find pictures of the mini.  I could kick myself for not winning it on ebay when I had the chance.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:29 pm 

frostdawn: "No worries, I definitely appreciate the attempt. Any and all leads are much appreciated."
                                                                                                                 ^^^

Great (although unintentional) pun!  :)

(in reference to minis being made of lead (or formerly)...)

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:41 pm 

Is it the mini of Goldmoon kind of standing there with her staff thing, her left knee slightly bent? And a... tunic-y outfit and boots? And holding a... *squint* book thing?  ...I'll have to take a picture.

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:35 pm 

Yup, there were 3 different varieties of minis made for the character. One is a rather crudely sculpted one with her holding a staff in one hand (like the one in auction posted by Achizar which I have). There is a smaller scale version from the boxed set where she is holding a staff in one hand, and a lute or guitar in the other hand (have this one as well). The one I'm looking for has her holding the staff in one hand, and one leg is bent at the knee, with her foot propped up on a rock. (The guitar/lute is strapped to the mini's back.) That's the one I'm looking for. And like I say, anyone willing to part with it, I will gladly trade for and/or pay for it. I need this mini to complete the Dragonlance set. :cry:

If you have the one I'm lookin for, make me an offer... (picture of it in the ebay auction I posted above. Once you go to that link, click on the bottom left picture in the gallery, and you can see a kinda fuzzy photo of the mini I'm looking for)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:27 pm 

zhowar1 wrote:frostdawn: "No worries, I definitely appreciate the attempt. Any and all leads are much appreciated."
                                                        ^^^

Great (although unintentional) pun! :)

(in reference to minis being made of lead (or formerly)...)

Umm, yeah, that was intentional (I wish)  :wink:
Seriously I probably never would have realized I made 'punny'. Nice catch, zhowar.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:06 pm 

Anyone else? Name your price. Easy money...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:52 pm 

I only have one 11 series Raistlin (I almost got a second, but the buyer didn't want to part with it after all).

Was that an ebay seller a couple of weeks ago? He pulled the auctions after a couple of days?

If it was, I was after that bunch, but I was trying to get him to split the lot.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:24 am 

Here's 11-066 Goldmoon pic for reference

Never had one of those pass through my hands though...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:46 pm 

frankfromgermany wrote:Here's 11-066 Goldmoon pic for reference

Never had one of those pass through my hands though...

Frank, in IE the pic doesn't show because of the "A" in "PArtha".   This link works in IE, too. Thanks for the picture!

It would be interesting to see a list of those ultra-rare Dragonlance minis and a guesstimate of what they're worth. After all, we have quite some miniature pros on this board.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:18 am 

Thanks Ralf, I corrected the link above.

As for that list it would be interesting yes.  Soth seems to be the best seller (I sold one for $ 75)  but that was not what i would consider the normal price for that mini.  Raistlin is also very expensive.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:03 pm 

It would be interesting to see a list of those ultra-rare Dragonlance minis and a guesstimate of what they're worth. After all, we have quite some miniature pros on this board.

While I'm no expert, I will say from my experience that:

11-069 Raistlin

11-071 Kitiara

11-064 Lord Soth (2)

in that order are the hardest to come by in the dragonlance line. Lord Soth's popularity commands more of a price than Kit, but I have only come across 1 Kitiara in the last couple of years, compared to 7 or so Soth's.

Now as far as the easist to obtain... I would say that:

11-076 High Bulp & Bupu

11-077 Flint Fireforge

11-070 Caramon

in that order are readily available on ebay to add to your collection.

As far as price goes...

I would say that a loose unpainted Raistlin would probably fetch $75-$100 on ebay, with a nice mint blister going for $150-$200+ (insanity sold I know)

Soth (2) - Loose $30-50, blister $50-75

Kitiara- Loose $15-20, blister $25-40

High Bulp & Bupu- Loose $5, blister $5

Flint- Loose $7-10, blister $10

Caramon- Loose $10-15, blister $15-20

The rest of the famed dragonlance characters would fall somewhere in middle of the ones I mentioned.

Just my 2-cents and we all know anything can happen on ebay. Good luck 11-series collector's, if anyone ever wants to swap doubles list just give me a shout.

Next