Idiot Bidders List
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:02 pm 

Howdy,

Admittedly, I laughed out loud when I got that one. Had I only realized how lucky I had been. Whew! :lol:

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:03 pm 

Hilarious  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  and freaky

Interesting, his feedback is 100% ! (would anyone Neg FB him for that...)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:04 pm 

This has got to be the guy:

The AWN Career Connections

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:06 pm 

bombadil wrote:This has got to be the guy:

The AWN Career Connections

I can confirm that it is the same guy. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:08 pm 

I'd love to hear some of his voice-overs!

Maybe some day you'll be able to leave audio feedback on ebay!   :lol:

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:15 pm 

I noticed that he has experience only on the PC platform.  Isn't most of the artsy (art, music, graphic design, etc) and computer publishing stuff dominated by MAC?  Most guys I know who do this all swear by their trusty MACs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:22 pm 

Interesting work experience:

1992: Futurewars Magazine- ILLUSTRATIONS / LOGO DESIGN

Was that not a Battletech zine?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:56 pm 

Mars wrote:I noticed that he has experience only on the PC platform.  Isn't most of the artsy (art, music, graphic design, etc) and computer publishing stuff dominated by MAC?  Most guys I know who do this all swear by their trusty MACs.

That's my understanding as well.  Might explain why he's looking for work...NAKED!  :D

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:05 pm 

Mars wrote:I noticed that he has experience only on the PC platform.  Isn't most of the artsy (art, music, graphic design, etc) and computer publishing stuff dominated by MAC?

Not so much anymore — most of the creative software is so similar on both platforms that it really doesn't matter which you choose to get the job done. Ten years ago, yes, most creative agencies used nothing but a sea of Macs for their workflow; also, some of the software, in particular Aldus PageMaker, was noticeably better when run on a Mac.

You're definitely likely to find numerous Mac workstations at any creative-type business, but it's also quite likely you'll see more than one PC box, too.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:18 pm 

bombadil wrote:
That's my understanding as well.  Might explain why he's looking for work...NAKED!  :D

Hopefully he's put that in his resume..."Ready to work whenever...as long as I can be BUTT NAKED AND OILED UP...with nips hard as rocks!!!!"

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:54 pm 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Damn, this thread just keeps giving and giving.  I've been reading the guy's feedback left for others just for kicks.  Too damned funny.

Did you guys see the series of feedbacks related to super heroes?  The one about Wonder Woman arriving so fast her wonder tights became a g-string really cracked me up.  Or something along those lines.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:37 am 

I thought he just did it for laughs! I thought it was funny.

Especially his bio."an eccentrically quixotic piscean with a humourously romantic view on life"

romantic? Could you imagine a twenty stone transvestite in a rubber gimp
suit being romantic?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:10 am 

:lol: great stuff.  Not my preference, but at least it is a lot less dull than the average feedback.  I might start being a bit more creative with mine  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:43 am 

red_bus wrote::lol: great stuff.  Not my preference, but at least it is a lot less dull than the average feedback.  I might start being a bit more creative with mine  :D

True. It would be more fun if your feedback had a humourous theme?
It would better A+++ any day of the week. However a theme based
on oiled up butt naked blokes is a bit O.T.T.
That guy must be desperate for a same sex relationship!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:10 am 

red_bus wrote::lol: great stuff.  Not my preference, but at least it is a lot less dull than the average feedback.  I might start being a bit more creative with mine  :D

Meee tooo.  People take themselves far too seriously, even on ebay!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:40 pm 

I really don't think this guy is an "idiot bidder" but I wonder if I should worry.  A bidder retracted a bid on one of my auctions because "he could not contact seller".  He and I did communicate about the item soon after I listed it, and I thought all was well.  I really don't mind the bid retraction, but he is still bidding on 3 other auctions of mine.  I have just sent him a message asking if he had a question.  And I replied to the message that ebay sent me notifying me about the bid retraction to note that no message had come through their system.  I don't really know if this is just a convenient way to cancel a bid - which doesn't really bother me, or if it will reflect negatively on my reputation as a seller.  And am I in for last minute retractions tomorrow?  Thoughts?

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:12 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote: I don't really know if this is just a convenient way to cancel a bid - which doesn't really bother me, or if it will reflect negatively on my reputation as a seller.  And am I in for last minute retractions tomorrow?  Thoughts?

Ding Ding - Ebay doesn't want bidders to overuse bid retractions so they only offer like 2 or 3 reasons to choose when retracting a bid.  They also scare bidders into NOT choosing that they entered a wrong bid price by saying that they HAVE to re-enter a different price afterwards though nothing actually makes you do that.  Most likely no one won't even look into the retraction area of that auction and even if they do I don't see it impacting you in any sort of broad sense.

Gd Luck with your auctions!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:23 pm 

Thanks for the comforting words, RG! Having found this thread to post my insignificant woes on, I read through the whole thing - man, I can not believe the stuff that has gone on!  I consider myself very lucky and am thinking about enacting some of the limitations you and bclarkie et al recommend to prevent ebay hijinks.  You are the masters - I bow to your (hard earned) wisdom!  Thanks for sharing.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

PreviousNext