Idiot Bidders List
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:28 am 

Now I remember why I left ebay.  And to think I was aggravated over a buyer who wanted to buy insurance on an item that sold for $1.25...

moron with money

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:05 am 

Thanks for the heads up on this problem.  What a loon!  Let us know if you get any response regarding them Guido.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:29 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:Thanks for the heads up on this problem. What a loon! Let us know if you get any response regarding them Guido.

And yet another user ID - member4523698 .   Brian, if you can lend any info on how you found the mario-the-plumber ID, I would greatly appreciate it.   The only way to root out this problem (I think) is to deal with it ourselves.    

No go so far with eBay or the Lawyer, although the lawyer did point out that this guy has access to all sorts of personal info.   eBay is responsible for protecting this info.   Frankly, I have seen no action in any regard from them . . . yet.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:44 pm 

Guys - I think that posting the direct link to those "About Me" pages is a bad idea.  It is almost like associating the Acaeum with them.  Not that I am blaming anyone, but maybe it might be a good idea to "edit" you posts and remove the link.

All of us know how to do a search by user ID on ebay if there were some need to see the "Me" pages again.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:21 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Guys - I think that posting the direct link to those "About Me" pages is a bad idea. It is almost like associating the Acaeum with them. Not that I am blaming anyone, but maybe it might be a good idea to "edit" you posts and remove the link.

All of us know how to do a search by user ID on ebay if there were some need to see the "Me" pages again.

I posted a warning, so people wouldnt just click, but for the sake of common sense I have edited my posts.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:34 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:
Reindeergamez wrote:Thanks for the heads up on this problem. What a loon! Let us know if you get any response regarding them Guido.

And yet another user ID - member4523698 . Brian, if you can lend any info on how you found the mario-the-plumber ID, I would greatly appreciate it. The only way to root out this problem (I think) is to deal with it ourselves.

No go so far with eBay or the Lawyer, although the lawyer did point out that this guy has access to all sorts of personal info. eBay is responsible for protecting this info. Frankly, I have seen no action in any regard from them . . . yet.

Guido, that is the same user as was previously creep1962-is-retarded, but itseems ebay has modified it themselves due to the inflamatory & libelous nature of it. I just can't figure out why that they havent removed the about me page yet. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:49 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:

And yet another user ID - member4523698 . Brian, if you can lend any info on how you found the mario-the-plumber ID, I would greatly appreciate it. The only way to root out this problem (I think) is to deal with it ourselves.

No go so far with eBay or the Lawyer, although the lawyer did point out that this guy has access to all sorts of personal info. eBay is responsible for protecting this info. Frankly, I have seen no action in any regard from them . . . yet.

Guido, that is the same user as was previously creep1962-is-retarded, but itseems ebay has modified it themselves due to the inflamatory & libelous nature of it. I just can't figure out why that they havent removed the about me page yet. :?

Apparently, eBay views a user ID as inflamatory and libelous, but not "about me" pages.  

Thanks for catching the user ID name change.   I did not see that.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:41 pm 

Aside from the libel/defamation of character aspect of that page, there are two other ways the person behind the ebay handle could be held accountable.

1. Copyright infringement. Its unlikely that the poster has the rights to use that image, the holder of the image could go after Ebay and/or the poster. Whoever holds the rights to that photo (you can probably find out by looking at where its hosted) could send a DMCA notice to Ebay, who would then either have to take it down or open themselves up to liablity.

2. If the poster is a US citizen, resident, or does business in the US they might have violated the DOJ's revised rules for USC 2257 compliance. 2257 is the section of federal law governing record keeping for depictions of sexual activity. Its a bit of a grey area currently, but anyone who publishes (and this could count as publishes) depicitions of sexual activity needs to be able to prove the age and identity of the performers. Of course its very unlikely the DOJ would go after someone who hotlinked one photo.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:50 am 

Damn.  I haven't spent much time here in the last while on account of web commitments elsewhere, so this is the first time I've gone through this thread . . .  Frankly I'm rather horrified by some of the experiences some of the sellers here have had.  What's real weird is that in going through these posts, I see that I've bought from most of you at one time or another - without complaint.  

People these days . . .

The Egg

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:28 pm 

Looks like I had another attack.   ID's this time are scooter-is-the-man and guido-is-gay (please, no one be offended).    If anyone has any info, please let me know.   Thanks for the support!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:38 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Looks like I had another attack.  ID's this time are scooter-is-the-man and guido-is-gay (please, no one be offended).  If anyone has any info, please let me know.  Thanks for the support!!

Guido, you really need to put some buyer restictions on your auctions.  If I were you I would at least restrict low feedback bidders to the number of items that they can buy from you in a 10 day period to 1 or 2 tops, and you should seriously consider putting a Paypal requirement on your listings.  WIth this you make people pay you by Paypal, but they at least have to register and confirm in order to bid on your auctions.  It might cost a little bit of money in the long run, but just think about the time, effort and frustration you will be saving yourself. :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:06 am 

Definantly what bclarkie said, I love the limit buyers with 0 feedback to one purchase option.  Sure I have had to go in and add a couple of people to the exemption list that were genuine buyers, but when I think of the newbie idiots it's probably kept from buying tons of crap and not paying for it.  (Not to mention the wackos too)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:52 am 

Watch-out all...there's a new one on the loose. Ebay ID is  "jack-in-my-crack".  He already went after a few of our auctions (bids since cancelled) We had removed the PayPal account required requirement, as we hadn't been attacked for a while..looks lke we'll have to reinstate that. Looking at this clown's email...there's no doubt that it's the same "vecnapoop1" who was the reason for this thread's origin. Also, his "about me" page is the same crap we've seen before. Encouraging to know that it  looks like  just one asshole causing all the problems. We've again notified Ebay that they really need to crack down on these new Buyers and provide more stringent screening, but of course we're not holding our breath

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:02 am 

seeyouinescrow wrote:Watch-out all...there's a new one on the loose. Ebay ID is "jack-in-my-crack". He already went after a few of our auctions (bids since cancelled) We had removed the PayPal account required requirement, as we hadn't been attacked for a while..looks lke we'll have to reinstate that. Looking at this clown's email...there's no doubt that it's the same "vecnapoop1" who was the reason for this thread's origin. Also, his "about me" page is the same crap we've seen before. Encouraging to know that it looks like just one asshole causing all the problems. We've again notified Ebay that they really need to crack down on these new Buyers and provide more stringent screening, but of course we're not holding our breath

yes its nice to know isnt it - all them fees you pay and you dont really get one ounce of protection at all.

i agree tho about it being prb one person. me n BC had someone attack us too. i am just waiting for my current auctions to finish (am watching them like a hawk), then am going to chance the way i do things. i would rather lose out then someone neg me for ulterior motives, instead of something i have done wrong.

what a sad sap, thats all i can say.

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:20 pm 

Received an email today from jack-in-my-crack.  I won't repeat what it said here, because it is truly disturbing.  This guy must have all the time in the world to play games with resellers.

Resellers should be on the look out for any newbays bidding on their auctions at the last second.  Take precautions, if you can.  This person warned me that he's gonna mess with me again, (I'm sure under another account name).  I only wish there was a way to track him down.... :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:25 pm 

juliabulia wrote:Received an email today from jack-in-my-crack. I won't repeat what it said here, because it is truly disturbing. This guy must have all the time in the world to play games with resellers.

Resellers should be on the look out for any newbays bidding on their auctions at the last second. Take precautions, if you can. This person warned me that he's gonna mess with me again, (I'm sure under another account name). I only wish there was a way to track him down.... :evil:

Julia, Can you PM it to me? :)  
BTW, I have been thinking about this situation quite a bit, and I think that this is just as likely another seller as it is a disgruntled buyer.  Your observation may in fact further that this maybe someone who is currently doing Ebay full time.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:59 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Your observation may in fact further that this maybe someone who is currently doing Ebay full time.

Now that is disturbing, and probably bordering on illegal.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:47 pm 

Well hello all, I am both happy and saddened to see that I am not the only one.  As you may or may not know I began selling on ebay about 2 months ago.  About 2 weeks in I was contacted by our good friend.  At this time he was Dianarwontdoherjob or something like that.  I started thinking what a small world it must be that I alone was altering the economy of ebay and ruining all of the auctions.  I too, felt he could be reasoned with, I too was wrong.  :cry:  At this point I was on Yahoo and lost the email.  However, the text took me roughly 45 minutes to read due to the length (I read fast too!)  Price fixing etc...  He disappeared for about 2 weeks.  Then while on vacation he bought 15-20 items from my store.  This is where I have new information.  He was using billdonavin as a username.  All of the domains are @tampa.rr.com or something like that.  Jack in my crack bought 100 items between Sunday and yesterday.  I have since set it to no more than 5 wins if feedback is less than 5.  I figure that much annoyance I can deal with to still attain some new customers.  I have to agree with some of the mutterings of him being a reseller.  My first instinct was that as well; since it all started after a somewhat heated shipping dispute with a larger seller.  Nobody from this thread that I can tell.  
Anyway, back to the Clue worldwide game.  He has only been contacting me through the message system.  Ebay told me to forward any emails with the return path.  However, to my knowlede, this cannot be done unless it is from his email address (or one of them).  Not being too computer-literate (father and brother both in IS, they fix I stare and pretend to get it) I thought the return path would expose his location (or that of his computer).  I just filed my second ebay complaint, and I think I have been reletively fortunate so far.  I have not had any poor feedbacks from him... yet, and so far he has not used me in a "me" page.  Lastly, we all are passionate before capitalist it appears.  (I prefer Alpo in a can by the way)  So I am sure the role-players will figure this out.  If any of you would like to discuss this further either post or email [email protected].
Cheers
Chip

PreviousNext