Idiot Bidders List
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:28 pm 

Hi,

aww. touched a nerve, did I?   :lol:

For the record, I haven't asked ANY ebay (or other auction) seller if they "have a buy it now" or "would accept an offer" or anything similar for about 5 or 6 years now.

Just because YOU do it doesn't mean everyone else is tarred with the same stinky brush.  :jocolor:

Cheers,
Malc

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 pm 

lawrenson wrote:aww. touched a nerve, did I?   :lol:

no not at all. is still put up or shut up :) :)
did not say anything about bins but that you do nothing to tell ppl when selling far too cheap as if somehow them slitting own throats is ok when you have knowledge that is worth much much more. asking bin around full market price very very rarely when already have other purchases lined up from seller + looking to send together is hardly same as stealing candy from kids
your ongoing business offers to buy from others far too cheap ARE bins by any other name anyhow so is splitting hairs. +making as if st1 is worth very little if has any faults is sharp practice at best
given you thought i am cougar would advise not talking about things you do not know about + quit the usual behind scenes rumormongering circuit ^^

so what if you get some low offers on heroquest. talk about sharks! 8O makes as if you are whiter than white

pax ^^

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:17 pm 

Hi,

1) I have no idea what you are talking about - type English, or get a translator.

2) did you say I thought you were Cougar? Well, you're English is considerably worse than his.

Cheers,
Malc

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:19 pm 

Hi,

and now my item has reached £31 and some bloke has offered me £23 for it.

And someone else has asked what "shrinkwrap" is...  :D

Now I know why I don't usually bother to sell on Ebay!

Cheers,
Malc

Last edited by lawrenson on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:19 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Well, you're English is considerably worse than his.

qed. onwards anyhow cheers!! :) :)

lawrenson wrote:and now my item has reached £32 and some bloke has offered me £23 for it.

that is funny though. good luck to them :lol: :lol:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:59 pm 

I put some rare HeroQuest box sets on Ebay

Which ones? There are only two that I would consider "rare."

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:39 am 

the two up are the rarer ones I think there is another one as well that is pretty rare, hero quest always seems to do well when I look at them.... there is an ogre up at 77 pounds with 3 days to go (mint opened) so should go much better..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:48 am 

Hiya,

yes, Wizards of Morcor and Against the ogre horde.

I have 2 bigger boxes to list but have to work out postage.

Was keeping them, but too much stuff  :cry:

Cheers,
Malc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:47 am 

The Elf one and the Barbarian one also do very well.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:32 pm 

The Elf one and the Barbarian one

Those are the two I would consider rare, especially if complete and in the box.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:37 pm 

Not an idiot just an a-hole

Probably won't apply to most of you, he's not a gamer, but who knows?

garygentile

Didn't get me, was a friend....

List just keeps getting longer and longer, toolhaus tells the tale

What kills me is don't these guys realize that after the transaction, you know; who they are & where they live. A buddy at a CC company or in law enforcement, and I've many, fill out the rest of the tale. The fun you can have after that, boggles the mind.

:twisted:  "Honey I swear I've never been to the Bunny Ranch!"

The bankers have nearly ruined the world, but we'll bail them out and they'll be kind enough to lend us our own money back...with interest...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:11 am 

I'd love to read those disturbing email from hang_the_hobbits!!!!

Just for poops and giggles.

...but, yes, do block hang_the_hobbits!!!!  I recently got a taste of her crazy.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:24 pm 

The "rares" for Heroquest are Morcar, Ogre, Barb and Elf. They go for some bucks.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:46 am 

Starting to rethink my stance on allowing bidders with extremely low feedback to bid on my items.

bigdaddymacho70

The above mentioned douchemonkey won five of my most recent auctions and never paid for them.  Sent a couple of messages to him after the payment period expired.  Even told him that I would hold on to them for a bit if he needed extra time to pay.  No reply whatsoever.  Filed a complaint with Ebay and got my fees back, so no big deal there.  The awful thing is that the tool bid up most of the auctions that other people ended up winning.  So now I worry about the possibility that people who have bid on and won items I have auctioned in the past will think I am a shill.  :x

Why Ebay doesn't allow sellers who have been slighted in this way to leave negative feedback or at least some kind of notification that the bidder is untrustworthy is beyond me.  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:30 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote in Idiot Bidders List:Why Ebay doesn't allow sellers who have been slighted in this way to leave negative feedback or at least some kind of notification that the bidder is untrustworthy is beyond me.  :?

The biggest problem I have is that I can't in good conscience make a second chance offer to the next bidder on auctions like you described. Had it not been for the craphole, the second highest bid wouldn't be as high. Granted, they did make the bid, but it does still bother me. Auctions where there are only a couple of bids I have less worry about, which are most of my auctions. It's the ones that go bzonkers...

My policy is: fail to pay, don't get to play. You get blocked from future auctions. Period. I'm doing this on average 3 times a year (about 2-3% of total auctions).

I also have the preferences set to block all buyers with 2 non-payment strikes in 12 months. It's not the best thing that can be done, but I do occasionally notice habitual non-payers getting blocked automatically.

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:56 am 

SimperingToad wrote in Idiot Bidders List:
I also have the preferences set to block all buyers with 2 non-payment strikes in 12 months. It's not the best thing that can be done, but I do occasionally notice habitual non-payers getting blocked automatically.

This.  This action has saved me a ton of misery over the years.  Usually someone that does this is a repeat offender, this completely takes them out of the running.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:49 pm 

SimperingToad wrote in Idiot Bidders List:The biggest problem I have is that I can't in good conscience make a second chance offer to the next bidder on auctions like you described. Had it not been for the craphole, the second highest bid wouldn't be as high. Granted, they did make the bid, but it does still bother me. Auctions where there are only a couple of bids I have less worry about, which are most of my auctions. It's the ones that go bzonkers...

My policy is: fail to pay, don't get to play. You get blocked from future auctions. Period. I'm doing this on average 3 times a year (about 2-3% of total auctions).

I went ahead and made the second chance offer to all the second place bidders last night.  Three of them were snatched up within hours of notifying them.  Didn't really consider what you stated above though.  Two of the three have purchased from me before so hopefully they consider me a stand up guy and won't think twice about it in the future.

The shiteater is already blocked but who is to say he won't just create another ID and do something like it again?  I just hate that other Ebay noobs have to suffer because of jerks like this.  :evil:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext