Idiot Bidders List
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:24 pm 

bbarsh wrote:

No, you are not being paranoid. You are getting screwed. That is the new ebay.

So I take it that you can't reject a bid on the basis of hidden feedback?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 am 

A case of sweet revenge last night:

A bidder emailed me through ebay wanting to know why they couldn't bid on one of my latest items. I was puzzled as I didn't remember the name. I searched and searched and finally checked his "feedback left"....and sure enough he had left me two "neutrals" almost a year ago for items that shipped 10 days after he bought them...so I was at fault for taking so long to ship them, but if I had been contacted no doubt I would have given the guy a refund at the very least to make up for it.

So I emailed him back saying I had blocked him because he had left me a neutral or neg in the past and that was my policy. Nothing more of less than that, just letting him know the reason. Anyway, this morning I receive this from him:

Hell, if that's your response to neutral feedback, I would've left it negative.

Nice.  Now I'm glad I blocked the ninny.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:03 pm 

Badmike wrote:A case of sweet revenge last night:

A bidder emailed me through ebay wanting to know why they couldn't bid on one of my latest items. I was puzzled as I didn't remember the name. I searched and searched and finally checked his "feedback left"....and sure enough he had left me two "neutrals" almost a year ago for items that shipped 10 days after he bought them...so I was at fault for taking so long to ship them, but if I had been contacted no doubt I would have given the guy a refund at the very least to make up for it.

So I emailed him back saying I had blocked him because he had left me a neutral or neg in the past and that was my policy. Nothing more of less than that, just letting him know the reason. Anyway, this morning I receive this from him:

Nice.  Now I'm glad I blocked the ninny.

Mike B.

I'd love to block him too.  You can PM me or post his name here.  I do not need buyers like that. :roll:

Fun story.  Thanks for sharing. :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:39 pm 

Avoid this chap

Guydrin_Avalon

Gave me negative feedback without giving me a chance to make ammends - bad enough but this is his last message to me.

"So you have another one ? lol !!!!!!!!!!! So i'm very upset because YOU did the mistake, YOU sent the bad copy of this book just to keep the good one for you ! So you will earn the second part of my feedback NOW, BBBBAAAAADDDD EEEEENNNNGGGGLLLIISSSHHHH FFFFUUUUCCCCKKKEEERRR ! AND SON OF A BITCH TOO ! BYE BYE ! AND FUCK YOUR MUM !"

(note about the other copy was because I had suggested sending him an another copy of the same book from my own collection)

So, well balanced individual or not - you decide

(This is the auction btw  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:12 pm 

Jeez....what a nutjob!  8O  Is he actually comparing you to cougarrinard in the feedback he left you?  :lol:

Obviously he is unhinged.  Definitely needs to lay off the heroin.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:39 pm 

Nice feller.  And this is from his "about me" page:

J'aspire à monter une boutique sur eBay, si et seulement si le volume de mes ventes atteint un seuil que je me suis fixé.

Yeah.  Good luck with that, buddy.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:51 pm 

gyg wrote:Avoid this chap

Guydrin_Avalon

Gave me negative feedback without giving me a chance to make ammends - bad enough but this is his last message to me.

"So you have another one ? lol !!!!!!!!!!! So i'm very upset because YOU did the mistake, YOU sent the bad copy of this book just to keep the good one for you ! So you will earn the second part of my feedback NOW, BBBBAAAAADDDD EEEEENNNNGGGGLLLIISSSHHHH FFFFUUUUCCCCKKKEEERRR ! AND SON OF A BITCH TOO ! BYE BYE ! AND FUCK YOUR MUM !"

(note about the other copy was because I had suggested sending him an another copy of the same book from my own collection)

(This is the auction btw  
)

Blocked Pee Pee LePew.......

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:19 pm 

Guydrin_Avalon

(This is the auction btw  
)

Blocked.  Thanks.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:23 pm 

Guydrin_Avalon

But you gave him good feedback with the other items . . . "no problems - easy deal - recomended ebayer"

:D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:12 pm 

My feedback was left before this chap left his - and was true - paid quickly after waiting for a combined invoice, shame I can't change my f/b now. Needless to say I have reported him to ebay (Message was sent through their system :roll: ). Anyone had any experience on what, if anything, ebay are likely to do? After all these kind of comments don't leave much in the way of 'grey area', though perhaps I am being a bit oversensitive :D .

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:43 pm 

Guess I can add myself to this list (not the first time).

This arrived today:

After staring at Badmike's copy for a couple of weeks, I decided to go for the s/w one in this auction (just wanted a really nice 1st print S3; I already have a battered reading/playing 1st print copy).  The fucking thing arrived TAPED TO A PIECE OF CARDBOARD that necessitated an attempt to surgically remove it from the tape, to no avail.  There was just no way to save the shrink.  

Come to think of it, didn't the seller unload a bunch of s/w mods?  Anyone else here have a similar experience with them?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm 

bombadil wrote:Guess I can add myself to this list (not the first time).

This arrived today:

After staring at Badmike's copy for a couple of weeks, I decided to go for the s/w one in this auction (just wanted a really nice 1st print S3; I already have a battered reading/playing 1st print copy).  The fucking thing arrived TAPED TO A PIECE OF CARDBOARD that necessitated an attempt to surgically remove it from the tape, to no avail.  There was just no way to save the shrink.  

Come to think of it, didn't the seller unload a bunch of s/w mods?  Anyone else here have a similar experience with them?

If the taping wasn't accidental, that's inexcusable. I'd email the seller and try to work out a partial refund.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:37 pm 

bombadil wrote:Guess I can add myself to this list (not the first time).

I purchased two of the shrink modules from this seller's round of shrink auctions and they arrived yesterday wrapped with a piece of cardboard from a USPS Priority Box.  Essentially the section of cardboard was folded over and the three open sides were taped shut with packing tape.  As I removed the cardboard from the mailing envelope, I feared the worst but only on one side were the modules actually touching the tape.  I was able to cut the tape carefully on all three sides.  (Where the modules actually touched the tape, only one was touching so I was able to slice the cardboard open.)  Since the shrink was nice and tight, I was able to slowly pry the tape away.  Unfortunately, this is not the first seller that has used this process to send shrink.  8O

I would definitely contact the seller for a discount or a refund.  Most people outside of this forum lack the appreciation of shrink.  He probably thought he was doing the right thing but never considered the damage to the goods.

Good luck.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:10 pm 

bombadil wrote:Come to think of it, didn't the seller unload a bunch of s/w mods?  Anyone else here have a similar experience with them?

I bought the shrinked Monster Cards from him.  They came in a small priority box - no problems.  Sorry to hear that he wasn't as careful with yours.  That sucks.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:00 pm 

bombadil wrote: Anyone else here have a similar experience with them?

I bought a couple of those modules, too. (I wanted that early S3 print, though!) My two modules arrived without any problem and were packed quite well I recall. Sorry that yours came in like that. Hopefully the seller will offer some sort of partial refund to you.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:57 am 

Hi,

good grief! Last night I put some rare HeroQuest box sets on Ebay - and the number of people who've made me low, stupid offers for them!

Talk about sharks!  8O

Cheers,
Malc

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:49 am 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

good grief! Last night I put some rare HeroQuest box sets on Ebay - and the number of people who've made me low, stupid offers for them!

Talk about sharks!  8O

Cheers,
Malc

must have mistaken for st1 or had one in pic :) :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:15 am 

Hi,

yeah, there used to be some scottish thief who would make stupid low offers on D&D items.

Wonder whatever happened to him?   :wink:

Cheers,
Malc

PreviousNext