Idiot Bidders List
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:What?!?!

I mean, this guys first EVER feedback was a NEG and he hasn't stopped leaving them since, to the tune of 21% of the feedback he has left so far has been negative going on almost a year ago now.

But Ebay is going to remove the bad buyers, they promise!

They just haven't gotten around to it yet.

These things take time.  

Trust them.  

Oh, and while you are waiting for them to act, why not have a nice cold glass of Kool-Aid. It's right over there on the counter.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's why forums like this are indispensible to guys like us. Ebay isn't going to help, the only way to avoid guys like this is to be proactive in warning others so they won't get burned.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:31 am 

I get the following message from "thedaleks1100."

Im blocked from bidding on your auctions.. I find that weird. I have never dealt with you before and have no ideal why I would be blocked. Oh well, I will just make a note and skip over your auction listings from now on.. still weird.

It seems like I remember that name from these forums.  I looked at his feedback and it looks clean.  He's from Florida.

eBay Feedback Profile for thedaleks1100

I will not respond to the message, but I wanted to thank the forums for alerting me to this bidder because it paid off for me.  And, I thought it might be nice to give whoever sent out the alert that you received a small measure of revenge.  :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:43 am 

benjoshua wrote:I get the following message from "thedaleks1100."

It seems like I remember that name from these forums.  I looked at his feedback and it looks clean.  He's from Florida.

eBay Feedback Profile for thedaleks1100

I will not respond to the message, but I wanted to thank the forums for alerting me to this bidder because it paid off for me.  And, I thought it might be nice to give whoever sent out the alert that you received a small measure of revenge.  :)

Used to post here as AfrikaCorps.  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:23 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Used to post here as AfrikaCorps.  :wink:

I seem to remember him as being an ok guy. But it was a while ago. He must have dropped out while I was on my own crisis hiatus.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:00 am 

bbarsh wrote:
I seem to remember him as being an ok guy. But it was a while ago. He must have dropped out while I was on my own crisis hiatus.

So, should I drop the block? :?:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:16 am 

bbarsh wrote:

You are mistaken, he was a jackass. He is/was related to the moron I dealt with who is now known as hang_the_hobbits!!!! and the other multitude of Ebay IDs that they have used.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:29 am 

bclarkie wrote:
You are mistaken, he was a jackass. He is/was related to the moron I dealt with who is now known as hang_the_hobbits!!!! and the other multitude of Ebay IDs that they have used.

You're right Brian, I went and checked some older posts after I left this message. I got him confused with some other guy that had the same type of screen name...

I need to do something about my terrible memory...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:30 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

As always, bclarkie to the research rescue.  Thank you my friend! :)  Of course it's possible that he's reformed, but I will not take that chance.  I will maintain the block. 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:10 pm 

BLOCK WipED! :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 pm 

benjoshua wrote:As always, bclarkie to the research rescue.  Thank you my friend! :)  Of course it's possible that he's reformed, but I will not take that chance.  I will maintain the block. 8)

Since I'm not a seller, I have no idea what thedaleks1100 is like as a buyer.  But I have bought from them, and, by what I assume is a coincidence, received a package from them today.  They sold me a copy of Search for the Crystal Sword and Dragon #22, for a total of $36.64.  Inside the package was a note saying that since I was a repeat buyer (I think I picked up something from them last summer), they were throwing in some extras -- a later Dragon Magazine, a Dragonlance module, a d20 module, some module by Mike Stackpole and a Restormel in the shrink.  No biggies, obviously, but also not necessary given the price I paid.

Anyway, none of this suggests that it isn't a good idea to heed bclarkie's warning.  As I said, I have no idea what they might be like to sell to.  But given that my experience with them twice now has been pretty good, I thought I would at least pass this on for what it might be worth.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:09 pm 

So this seems like the place to ask this question: With the new feedback system (i.e. sellers can't leave negative) is there a way to block buyers who hide their feedback? The only recourse now is for sellers to leave a comment with a positive, but with hidden feedback, you can't read it.

Or am I being paranoid?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:13 pm 

Eryops wrote:So this seems like the place to ask this question: With the new feedback system (i.e. sellers can't leave negative) is there a way to block buyers who hide their feedback? The only recourse now is for sellers to leave a comment with a positive, but with hidden feedback, you can't read it.

Or am I being paranoid?

No, you are not being paranoid. You are getting screwed. That is the new ebay.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:24 pm 

bbarsh wrote:

No, you are not being paranoid. You are getting screwed. That is the new ebay.

So I take it that you can't reject a bid on the basis of hidden feedback?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 am 

A case of sweet revenge last night:

A bidder emailed me through ebay wanting to know why they couldn't bid on one of my latest items. I was puzzled as I didn't remember the name. I searched and searched and finally checked his "feedback left"....and sure enough he had left me two "neutrals" almost a year ago for items that shipped 10 days after he bought them...so I was at fault for taking so long to ship them, but if I had been contacted no doubt I would have given the guy a refund at the very least to make up for it.

So I emailed him back saying I had blocked him because he had left me a neutral or neg in the past and that was my policy. Nothing more of less than that, just letting him know the reason. Anyway, this morning I receive this from him:

Hell, if that's your response to neutral feedback, I would've left it negative.

Nice.  Now I'm glad I blocked the ninny.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:03 pm 

Badmike wrote:A case of sweet revenge last night:

A bidder emailed me through ebay wanting to know why they couldn't bid on one of my latest items. I was puzzled as I didn't remember the name. I searched and searched and finally checked his "feedback left"....and sure enough he had left me two "neutrals" almost a year ago for items that shipped 10 days after he bought them...so I was at fault for taking so long to ship them, but if I had been contacted no doubt I would have given the guy a refund at the very least to make up for it.

So I emailed him back saying I had blocked him because he had left me a neutral or neg in the past and that was my policy. Nothing more of less than that, just letting him know the reason. Anyway, this morning I receive this from him:

Nice.  Now I'm glad I blocked the ninny.

Mike B.

I'd love to block him too.  You can PM me or post his name here.  I do not need buyers like that. :roll:

Fun story.  Thanks for sharing. :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:39 pm 

Avoid this chap

Guydrin_Avalon

Gave me negative feedback without giving me a chance to make ammends - bad enough but this is his last message to me.

"So you have another one ? lol !!!!!!!!!!! So i'm very upset because YOU did the mistake, YOU sent the bad copy of this book just to keep the good one for you ! So you will earn the second part of my feedback NOW, BBBBAAAAADDDD EEEEENNNNGGGGLLLIISSSHHHH FFFFUUUUCCCCKKKEEERRR ! AND SON OF A BITCH TOO ! BYE BYE ! AND FUCK YOUR MUM !"

(note about the other copy was because I had suggested sending him an another copy of the same book from my own collection)

So, well balanced individual or not - you decide

(This is the auction btw  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:12 pm 

Jeez....what a nutjob!  8O  Is he actually comparing you to cougarrinard in the feedback he left you?  :lol:

Obviously he is unhinged.  Definitely needs to lay off the heroin.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:39 pm 

Nice feller.  And this is from his "about me" page:

J'aspire à monter une boutique sur eBay, si et seulement si le volume de mes ventes atteint un seuil que je me suis fixé.

Yeah.  Good luck with that, buddy.

Let mirth prevail!

PreviousNext