Idiot Bidders List
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:50 pm 

hang_the_hobbits!!! is the current name of mordor_muppet, formerly known as this_is_mine_so_piss_off, formerly known as sir_lance_u_alot_sales (and probably a few others I'm forgetting).

Shiller and unreasonably demanding customer from what I recall.  Who was it who had the bad experience with them?

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:56 pm 

It's a she ... and it was Brian who had the initial bad experience, I believe.

Benjoshua, shields up!: Cancel that bid! This is not a good person we're talking about here, seriously. This is a hateful, vile package of pure vindictiveness and spite. I'm not even kidding.

(I'm going to bump that recent thread that discussed this idiot, too.)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:14 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Oh, then BLOCK THE BASTARD, definitely.. :twisted:

Mike B.

Blocked! Thanks Mike! No way is that guy going to bid on any of the auctions I have up on eBay right now! [EDIT: Joking, just in case]

Last edited by mnw on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:56 pm 

Badmike wrote:Oh, then BLOCK THE BASTARD, definitely.. :twisted:

Oi!  Stop that!  Someone might take you seriously!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:00 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:It's a she ... and it was Brian who had the initial bad experience, I believe.

Benjoshua, shields up!: Cancel that bid! This is not a good person we're talking about here, seriously. This is a hateful, vile package of pure vindictiveness and spite. I'm not even kidding.

(I'm going to bump that recent thread that discussed this idiot, too.)

Canceled!  Thanks for all the help.  I made sure all her aliases were blocked as well.  Can't wait to see if any fireworks develop. :twisted:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:19 pm 

Avoid this buyer named turial in Ireland.  Buyer paid for a book on Friday, 12/5 and I shipped his book out on Monday 12/8.  He got his book in 4-5 days from the US to Ireland.  And now he leaves a neutral for me for slow shipment!  What a jackass!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Another one added to my blocked bidder list...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:51 pm 

Not to defend somebody many think is an a**hole, but I made a purchase from hang_the_hobbits!!! some time back and it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.

The items were good, the shipping was fast, and everything was well packaged.

But then again, she never BOUGHT anything from me when I was selling on eBay....

Just throwin' in my two pennies worth.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:04 pm 

gaming_fool wrote:Avoid this buyer named turial in Ireland.  Buyer paid for a book on Friday, 12/5 and I shipped his book out on Monday 12/8.  He got his book in 4-5 days from the US to Ireland.  And now he leaves a neutral for me for slow shipment!  What a jackass!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Another one added to my blocked bidder list...

Thanks. Blocked. Check out this dudes feedback left for others. This is exactly why ebay screwed sellers with the new feedback policy. How long until he starts the feedback extortion scam...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:42 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
Thanks. Blocked. Check out this dudes feedback left for others. This is exactly why ebay screwed sellers with the new feedback policy. How long until he starts the feedback extortion scam...

Thanks also.  Blocked.  It seems like some money could be made by an enterprising individual who started a web-site for ebayers folks who had feedback score of over 100 and DSR's averaging over 4.7 allowing all members to provide names of bothersome buyers.  The money would be made, of course, from advertizers.  While the specifics of this plan would need work and modifications, the idea sounds plausible.  Of course, this is based on ebay actually surviving another ten years or so. :roll:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:04 pm 

What pisses me off is that he must have put a 1 as my DSR for shipping speed and shipping cost.  My shipping cost DSR just went from 4.76 to 4.71 after his feedback.  This is probably going to cost me the 15% discount for this month.  I guess charging $13 for a $11.95 priority envelope is price gouging to the highest degree and shipping a book 1 business day after payment is an unacceptable delay in shipping.   :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:42 pm 

gaming_fool wrote:What pisses me off is that he must have put a 1 as my DSR for shipping speed and shipping cost.  My shipping cost DSR just went from 4.76 to 4.71 after his feedback.  This is probably going to cost me the 15% discount for this month.  I guess charging $13 for a $11.95 priority envelope is price gouging to the highest degree and shipping a book 1 business day after payment is an unacceptable delay in shipping.   :roll:

Which is why threads like this are so important.  I recently had a buyer start complaining about his item arriving after about five days (he was in Australia).  The bitching and moaning went on and on for days until it finally arrived, with the buyer threatening all sorts of negative feedback and bad DSRs.  When the item finally arrived, he apologized and thanked me for being patient, leaving me positive feedback.  I still blocked the asshat and this week he sent me a puzzled email as to why he couldn't buy anything from my store.  I replied that due to tough economic times I neither had the time nor inclination for customers like himself who required extensive handholding for the privilege of a $20 sale and possible bad feedback that could cost me much more in lost discounts.  He didn't reply back....

I'd say post everyone that gives you a problem. I would appreciate it, and I'd love to block them as a pre-emptive strike.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:25 pm 

Maybe we need a big acaeum blocked bidder list that we can copy and paste into our eBay pages.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:57 pm 

Badmike wrote:I'd say post everyone that gives you a problem. I would appreciate it, and I'd love to block them as a pre-emptive strike.
Mike B.

I agree 100%.  Anytime someone from the Acaeum lists a suggestion, I add them to my list immediately.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Maybe we need a big acaeum blocked bidder list that we can copy and paste into our eBay pages.

I think we had something similar to this not too long ago.  I remember posting up my personal blocked bidders list somewhere.  If we need to make this an official thread, or even a sticky, I'd be for it. 8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:41 pm 

There was a similar thread not long ago that I started, posted my blocked list and a few members followed suit.  This was a dangerous idea though as the Acaeum forums are open to all and someone may use such a list to hurt their competition.  I think it's best to continue listing specific problems rather than complete lists without specifc reasons for each user ID listed.

I sure wish Ebay would enable a block (seller) list so I don't mistakenly bid on someones auction from whom I've had bad service.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:26 pm 

Just further proof that Ebay and its promise to protect its sellers from "bad buyers" is nothing but complete and utter horsesh*t.   Here is a follow up on a name from the not so distant past:

eBay Feedback Profile for scubabri420

Negative/Neutral Feedback left by scubabri420

Yep, ole' Scubabri420 has left a total of 156 feedback for sellers on Ebay in the last year of which 33 of those being negative ones. I am so glad that Ebay and its new rules are looking out for me and my sales.   I am just so glad that they care.  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Just further proof that Ebay and its promise to protect its sellers from "bad buyers" is nothing but complete and utter horsesh*t.   Here is a follow up on a name from the not so distant past:

eBay Feedback Profile for scubabri420

Negative/Neutral Feedback left by scubabri420

Yep, ole' Scubabri420 has left a total of 156 feedback for sellers on Ebay in the last year of which 33 of those being negative ones. I am so glad that Ebay and its new rules are looking out for me and my sales.   I am just so glad that they care.  :roll:

That guy truly is a piece of crap. Not only the silly unjustified negs, but as a few of you know, he also began hang up and crank calling me on my mobile phone soon after I called him at his house to discuss his shipment.  My call to him was very low key, informative, just letting him know that I had the tracking number and that he had left a neg even though the item had already arrived and was waiting for him at his post office. His reply was rude, over the top, screaming, insulting, and borderline paranoid psychotic (I and the "rest of them" were out to "get" him was the gist of his reply).  Soon after, I began receiving dozens of hang up calls a day from a blocked number (which, unfortunately, you cannot block with a cell phone, sheesh), sometimes the caller would leave obscene voice messages (some unintentionally funny, as the "How much dick do you suck?" classic message played for the Texas Acaeum members at a gaming session....).

I am 100% sure the caller was Brian Reid as the calls started DIRECTLY after I used the cell phone to call him, and intensified right after he got banned from the forum awhile back.  Haven't gotten any in awhile, but just to let you know what kind of freak you are dealing with. It goes without saying if you haven't blocked him by now, you are as nuts as he is.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:02 pm 

Wow. Blocked.

Sure love that new ebay policy. I am afraid this goes on more than we will ever know. The only protection a seller has is to try and run up his feedback so that the occassional idiots don't damage his rating too much.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:18 pm 

What?!?!

I mean, this guys first EVER feedback was a NEG and he hasn't stopped leaving them since, to the tune of 21% of the feedback he has left so far has been negative going on almost a year ago now.

But Ebay is going to remove the bad buyers, they promise!

They just haven't gotten around to it yet.

These things take time.  

Trust them.  

Oh, and while you are waiting for them to act, why not have a nice cold glass of Kool-Aid. It's right over there on the counter.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext