Idiot Bidders List
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:52 am 

killjoy32 wrote:thing is guys, this is whats putting me off using ebay much now. i would rather not.

i am just sick of dealing with crap like that. i do hope that other site takes off so at least folk who are known, can actually just deal with one another avoiding all the crap.

Al

Blocked the idiot.  It's going to be pretty funny now the next time he picks a ebay reseller...or the next few times...and keeps getting messages he can't bid. LOL

BTW Al put up some real goodies yesterday on the rpgmarketplace.com site if anyone wants to check....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:11 am 

Blocked.
I will list some stuff on rpgmarketplace once my housing situation settles a bit. I have a lot of stuff to liquidate............ I'm coming across things I didn't even know I had!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:30 pm 

Update -

Buyer came back to me today and asked why I had blocked him from bidding on my items.   He inferred that I had somehow blocked him from bidding on other auctions.   He was pretty cheesed off.  

In my response I indicated that neg feedback is not a weapon and should not be used indiscriminantly.   I also asked why after a negative buying experience he would buy from me again.

His response was a (imo) slimy, ass kissing.   No answer to why he would buy from me a second time.

This was a good lesson that even if eBay is going to change policy, we, as a community, can sort of keep a lid on the difficult buyers.

Let's git to killin'!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:39 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:He inferred that I had somehow blocked him from bidding on other auctions.

He's a dumbass who can't wrap his hand around the fact that eBay sellers, like any other large group of like-minded people, have grapevines where they chat and compare notes and that sort of thing.

In addition to being a moron, his confusion probably lies in the email I sent him, where I said that I was blocking him, others were blocking him, and provided a link to this thread. He probably thinks one of us (Guido or me) has some sort of magical power to add him to other people's block lists or something like that. We're not dealing with a future brain surgeon here.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:51 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:He probably thinks one of us (Guido or me) has some sort of magical power to add him to other people's block lists or something like that. We're not dealing with a future brain surgeon here.

Gotta watch out for those gypsy curses . . .

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:23 pm 

My worst buyer was an Italian bidder named  bagatto0001.  He asked me BEFORE one of my auctions what the price to ship to Italy would be.  I told him $10 plus $4 per additional book (this was before flat rate envelopes could be sent to Italy).  At the end of the auction, he won 3 books and then negged me for because he thought my shipping was too high!  What a jackass.  

Fortunately, most of my Italian buyers have been wonderful, patient, and a joy to deal with.   :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:09 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:He's a dumbass who can't wrap his hand around the fact that eBay sellers, like any other large group of like-minded people, have grapevines where they chat and compare notes and that sort of thing.

In addition to being a moron, his confusion probably lies in the email I sent him, where I said that I was blocking him, others were blocking him, and provided a link to this thread. He probably thinks one of us (Guido or me) has some sort of magical power to add him to other people's block lists or something like that. We're not dealing with a future brain surgeon here.

Guys, the sooner we put a cap in the ass of dimwits like this, the better it will be.  The M.O. of turds like this is to hit all the major sellers, leaving a trail of destruction behind them.  With the early warning system (which will be even more effective as time goes on) we should be able to stop the spread of these diseases before they get started. Let them resort to Tonya, Cougar, and Creep to get their games from now on!

Guido does have many magical powers, it's been said he can explode a watermelon at 100 feet using only thought waves    :o

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:02 am 

Anybody familiar with this bidder?         

************!************ (0)

He/she just bid on a bunch of my stuff:

eBay listings

I smell trouble and wonder how long I should let it ride or whether contacting the bidder is worth it.  I don't know anyone who is upset with me.  Opinions? :?:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:13 am 

benjoshua wrote:Anybody familiar with this bidder?         

He/she just bid on a bunch of my stuff:

eBay listings

I smell trouble and wonder how long I should let it ride or whether contacting the bidder is worth it.  I don't know anyone who is upset with me.  Opinions? :?:

That is one seriously effed up ID.  Contact the bidder and let him know you typically like to have contact info from a zero feedback bidder, just an email or name, let him know you have had trouble in the past from zero feedback bidders.  If he never contacts you, block him and cancel the auctions.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:19 am 

Same bidder has bid on some of my things. Might just be a new bidder? We all had zero feedback at some point. :) At least you know it's not just somebody bidding on only your stuff.

Zen

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:23 am 

One of our guys isn't it? Thought I saw someone here announcing this new variation or is that just my imagination?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:38 am 

Badmike wrote:
That is one seriously effed up ID.  Contact the bidder and let him know you typically like to have contact info from a zero feedback bidder, just an email or name, let him know you have had trouble in the past from zero feedback bidders.  If he never contacts you, block him and cancel the auctions.

Mike B.

If you as a seller need certain information from a buyer then I think it would be fair to let buyers know of this in the auction listing before someone makes a bid. Besides if this buyer ends up being an idiot then block the bastard! :)

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:12 pm 

megnelwil wrote:
One of our guys isn't it? Thought I saw someone here announcing this new variation or is that just my imagination?

no, you're right. but i can't remember either. now i have to go hunting (tis the price for my lack of life).

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:15 pm 

mellmorranth wrote:
no, you're right. but i can't remember either. now i have to go hunting (tis the price for my lack of life).

I think JohnGaunt claimed the nick in the ebay policy thread.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:21 pm 

Well, whoever it was, they've been outbid on almost everything they bid on, so I'm not worried about it anymore.  I hate to jump the gun, but I hate to get jerked around more.  Thanks to everyone for the help. :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:51 pm 

Badmike wrote:That is one seriously effed up ID.

Gee, thanks!  :)

Yes, that's my new eBay ID until I get bored with it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:15 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Gee, thanks!  :)

Yes, that's my new eBay ID until I get bored with it.

Oh, then BLOCK THE BASTARD, definitely.. :twisted:

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:40 pm 

Oh crap, hang_the_hobbits!!!!  just bid on my stuff, and I thought I had him blocked.  He's blocked now, but isn't he trouble? I'm going to wait a couple of days and see if he get's outbid, but if not, I'll cancel his bid.  At least he won't be able to bid on anything else.  What's the deal with him anyway? :?:

PreviousNext