Idiot Bidders List
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 17123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14151617
Author

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 728
Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 11, 2020
Location: Maitland, Florida

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:23 pm 
 

Thanks for the heads up on hang_the_hobbits!!!!. Blocked.


If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 130
Joined: Mar 20, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 31, 2018
Location: Minneapolis

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:57 pm 
 

Just a quick heads up for sellers.   You may want to consider blocking the following buyer - ligerman01 .    The book I shipped him was definitely in near mint when I shipped it.    He is coming back and stating that this arrived in fair condition at best.   Hmmmm.    This was just one of those books I looked at before I shipped, you know, thumbed through it just to see what was in it.   I know it was in near mint.   He left neg feedback and then stated that he would be happy to work this out.    Feels a tad bit like extortion.  

Also, he is feedback is 0, but is percentage rating is 66.7 with one mutally withdrawn feedback.   Appears that he had a run in with the seller, Intelligator.   Might be someone from the Cougar school of buying.  

Just a fair warning.


Let's git to killin'!!

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:04 pm 
 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Just a quick heads up for sellers.   You may want to consider blocking the following buyer - ligerman01 .    The book I shipped him was definitely in near mint when I shipped it.    He is coming back and stating that this arrived in fair condition at best.   Hmmmm.    This was just one of those books I looked at before I shipped, you know, thumbed through it just to see what was in it.   I know it was in near mint.   He left neg feedback and then stated that he would be happy to work this out.    Feels a tad bit like extortion.  

Also, he is feedback is 0, but is percentage rating is 66.7 with one mutally withdrawn feedback.   Appears that he had a run in with the seller, Intelligator.   Might be someone from the Cougar school of buying.  

Just a fair warning.


This douche has left 4 feedbacks in last 8 days 3 of which have been negs.

eBay Feedback Profile for ligerman01

I am so glad that Ebay has decided to go ahead and prevent sellers from leaving negative feedback for buyers.  :roll:   Blocked.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 130
Joined: Mar 20, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 31, 2018
Location: Minneapolis

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 pm 
 

Thanks Brian.   Thought I was just being touchy abou this.  

I was thinking the same thing about the feedback changes as I read this idiots message.


Let's git to killin'!!

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:11 pm 
 

Blocked. Nasty email sent through eBay system.

So, for those who have posted here saying they have no problem with these new eBay rules ... please tell me again why it's such a good thing for eBay to openly sanction this sort of extortion.

I'll be waiting ...

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:35 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Blocked. Nasty email sent through eBay system.

So, for those who have posted here saying they have no problem with these new eBay rules ... please tell me again why it's such a good thing for eBay to openly sanction this sort of extortion.

I'll be waiting ...

More sales!  More fees!  More money for eBay!

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3379
Joined: May 30, 2007
Last Visit: Jan 23, 2021
Location: USA Georgia

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:12 pm 
 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Just a quick heads up for sellers.   You may want to consider blocking the following buyer - ligerman01.


Blocked.  Thanks! :)


Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1879
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 23, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:23 pm 
 

FWIW blocked by me as well!


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 246
Joined: Nov 30, 2006
Last Visit: Sep 29, 2009
Location: Boise, ID

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:42 pm 
 

Just a quick heads up for sellers.   You may want to consider blocking the following buyer - ligerman01 .    The book I shipped him was definitely in near mint when I shipped it.    He is coming back and stating that this arrived in fair condition at best.   Hmmmm.    This was just one of those books I looked at before I shipped, you know, thumbed through it just to see what was in it.   I know it was in near mint.   He left neg feedback and then stated that he would be happy to work this out.    Feels a tad bit like extortion.


I just mailed out to this guy a new and un-used near perfect copy of the Silver Anniversary Holmes rulebook.  Packaged securely.  I'll let you know if I get any grief from the guy. :roll:

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1250
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 08, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:02 am 
 

Blocked, thanks for the heads up!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:37 am 
 

thing is guys, this is whats putting me off using ebay much now. i would rather not.

i am just sick of dealing with crap like that. i do hope that other site takes off so at least folk who are known, can actually just deal with one another avoiding all the crap.

Al



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 728
Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 11, 2020
Location: Maitland, Florida

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:14 am 
 

Blocked.  Thanks Guido!


If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7942
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 19, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:52 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:thing is guys, this is whats putting me off using ebay much now. i would rather not.

i am just sick of dealing with crap like that. i do hope that other site takes off so at least folk who are known, can actually just deal with one another avoiding all the crap.

Al


Blocked the idiot.  It's going to be pretty funny now the next time he picks a ebay reseller...or the next few times...and keeps getting messages he can't bid. LOL

BTW Al put up some real goodies yesterday on the rpgmarketplace.com site if anyone wants to check....

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5613
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 15, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:11 am 
 

Blocked.
I will list some stuff on rpgmarketplace once my housing situation settles a bit. I have a lot of stuff to liquidate............ I'm coming across things I didn't even know I had!


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 130
Joined: Mar 20, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 31, 2018
Location: Minneapolis

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:30 pm 
 

Update -

Buyer came back to me today and asked why I had blocked him from bidding on my items.   He inferred that I had somehow blocked him from bidding on other auctions.   He was pretty cheesed off.  

In my response I indicated that neg feedback is not a weapon and should not be used indiscriminantly.   I also asked why after a negative buying experience he would buy from me again.

His response was a (imo) slimy, ass kissing.   No answer to why he would buy from me a second time.

This was a good lesson that even if eBay is going to change policy, we, as a community, can sort of keep a lid on the difficult buyers.


Let's git to killin'!!

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:39 pm 
 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:He inferred that I had somehow blocked him from bidding on other auctions.

He's a dumbass who can't wrap his hand around the fact that eBay sellers, like any other large group of like-minded people, have grapevines where they chat and compare notes and that sort of thing.

In addition to being a moron, his confusion probably lies in the email I sent him, where I said that I was blocking him, others were blocking him, and provided a link to this thread. He probably thinks one of us (Guido or me) has some sort of magical power to add him to other people's block lists or something like that. We're not dealing with a future brain surgeon here.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:51 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:He probably thinks one of us (Guido or me) has some sort of magical power to add him to other people's block lists or something like that. We're not dealing with a future brain surgeon here.

Gotta watch out for those gypsy curses . . .

  


Active Collector

Posts: 20
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2016

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:23 pm 
 

My worst buyer was an Italian bidder named  bagatto0001.  He asked me BEFORE one of my auctions what the price to ship to Italy would be.  I told him $10 plus $4 per additional book (this was before flat rate envelopes could be sent to Italy).  At the end of the auction, he won 3 books and then negged me for because he thought my shipping was too high!  What a jackass.  

Fortunately, most of my Italian buyers have been wonderful, patient, and a joy to deal with.   :)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7942
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 19, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:09 am 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:He's a dumbass who can't wrap his hand around the fact that eBay sellers, like any other large group of like-minded people, have grapevines where they chat and compare notes and that sort of thing.

In addition to being a moron, his confusion probably lies in the email I sent him, where I said that I was blocking him, others were blocking him, and provided a link to this thread. He probably thinks one of us (Guido or me) has some sort of magical power to add him to other people's block lists or something like that. We're not dealing with a future brain surgeon here.


Guys, the sooner we put a cap in the ass of dimwits like this, the better it will be.  The M.O. of turds like this is to hit all the major sellers, leaving a trail of destruction behind them.  With the early warning system (which will be even more effective as time goes on) we should be able to stop the spread of these diseases before they get started. Let them resort to Tonya, Cougar, and Creep to get their games from now on!

Guido does have many magical powers, it's been said he can explode a watermelon at 100 feet using only thought waves    :o

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3379
Joined: May 30, 2007
Last Visit: Jan 23, 2021
Location: USA Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:02 am 
 

Anybody familiar with this bidder?         

************!************ (0)

He/she just bid on a bunch of my stuff:

eBay listings

I smell trouble and wonder how long I should let it ride or whether contacting the bidder is worth it.  I don't know anyone who is upset with me.  Opinions? :?:


Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 17123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14151617