Idiot Bidders List
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 14 of 19123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 171819
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:23 pm 

Thanks for the heads up on hang_the_hobbits!!!!. Blocked.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:57 pm 

Just a quick heads up for sellers.   You may want to consider blocking the following buyer - ligerman01 .    The book I shipped him was definitely in near mint when I shipped it.    He is coming back and stating that this arrived in fair condition at best.   Hmmmm.    This was just one of those books I looked at before I shipped, you know, thumbed through it just to see what was in it.   I know it was in near mint.   He left neg feedback and then stated that he would be happy to work this out.    Feels a tad bit like extortion.  

Also, he is feedback is 0, but is percentage rating is 66.7 with one mutally withdrawn feedback.   Appears that he had a run in with the seller, Intelligator.   Might be someone from the Cougar school of buying.  

Just a fair warning.

Let's git to killin'!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:04 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Just a quick heads up for sellers.   You may want to consider blocking the following buyer - ligerman01 .    The book I shipped him was definitely in near mint when I shipped it.    He is coming back and stating that this arrived in fair condition at best.   Hmmmm.    This was just one of those books I looked at before I shipped, you know, thumbed through it just to see what was in it.   I know it was in near mint.   He left neg feedback and then stated that he would be happy to work this out.    Feels a tad bit like extortion.  

Also, he is feedback is 0, but is percentage rating is 66.7 with one mutally withdrawn feedback.   Appears that he had a run in with the seller, Intelligator.   Might be someone from the Cougar school of buying.  

Just a fair warning.

This douche has left 4 feedbacks in last 8 days 3 of which have been negs.

eBay Feedback Profile for ligerman01

I am so glad that Ebay has decided to go ahead and prevent sellers from leaving negative feedback for buyers.  :roll:   Blocked.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 pm 

Thanks Brian.   Thought I was just being touchy abou this.  

I was thinking the same thing about the feedback changes as I read this idiots message.

Let's git to killin'!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:11 pm 

Blocked. Nasty email sent through eBay system.

So, for those who have posted here saying they have no problem with these new eBay rules ... please tell me again why it's such a good thing for eBay to openly sanction this sort of extortion.

I'll be waiting ...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:35 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Blocked. Nasty email sent through eBay system.

So, for those who have posted here saying they have no problem with these new eBay rules ... please tell me again why it's such a good thing for eBay to openly sanction this sort of extortion.

I'll be waiting ...

More sales!  More fees!  More money for eBay!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:12 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Just a quick heads up for sellers.   You may want to consider blocking the following buyer - ligerman01.

Blocked.  Thanks! :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:23 pm 

FWIW blocked by me as well!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:42 pm 

Just a quick heads up for sellers.   You may want to consider blocking the following buyer - ligerman01 .    The book I shipped him was definitely in near mint when I shipped it.    He is coming back and stating that this arrived in fair condition at best.   Hmmmm.    This was just one of those books I looked at before I shipped, you know, thumbed through it just to see what was in it.   I know it was in near mint.   He left neg feedback and then stated that he would be happy to work this out.    Feels a tad bit like extortion.

I just mailed out to this guy a new and un-used near perfect copy of the Silver Anniversary Holmes rulebook.  Packaged securely.  I'll let you know if I get any grief from the guy. :roll:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:02 am 

Blocked, thanks for the heads up!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:37 am 

thing is guys, this is whats putting me off using ebay much now. i would rather not.

i am just sick of dealing with crap like that. i do hope that other site takes off so at least folk who are known, can actually just deal with one another avoiding all the crap.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:14 am 

Blocked.  Thanks Guido!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:52 am 

killjoy32 wrote:thing is guys, this is whats putting me off using ebay much now. i would rather not.

i am just sick of dealing with crap like that. i do hope that other site takes off so at least folk who are known, can actually just deal with one another avoiding all the crap.

Al

Blocked the idiot.  It's going to be pretty funny now the next time he picks a ebay reseller...or the next few times...and keeps getting messages he can't bid. LOL

BTW Al put up some real goodies yesterday on the rpgmarketplace.com site if anyone wants to check....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:11 am 

Blocked.
I will list some stuff on rpgmarketplace once my housing situation settles a bit. I have a lot of stuff to liquidate............ I'm coming across things I didn't even know I had!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:30 pm 

Update -

Buyer came back to me today and asked why I had blocked him from bidding on my items.   He inferred that I had somehow blocked him from bidding on other auctions.   He was pretty cheesed off.  

In my response I indicated that neg feedback is not a weapon and should not be used indiscriminantly.   I also asked why after a negative buying experience he would buy from me again.

His response was a (imo) slimy, ass kissing.   No answer to why he would buy from me a second time.

This was a good lesson that even if eBay is going to change policy, we, as a community, can sort of keep a lid on the difficult buyers.

Let's git to killin'!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:39 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:He inferred that I had somehow blocked him from bidding on other auctions.

He's a dumbass who can't wrap his hand around the fact that eBay sellers, like any other large group of like-minded people, have grapevines where they chat and compare notes and that sort of thing.

In addition to being a moron, his confusion probably lies in the email I sent him, where I said that I was blocking him, others were blocking him, and provided a link to this thread. He probably thinks one of us (Guido or me) has some sort of magical power to add him to other people's block lists or something like that. We're not dealing with a future brain surgeon here.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:51 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:He probably thinks one of us (Guido or me) has some sort of magical power to add him to other people's block lists or something like that. We're not dealing with a future brain surgeon here.

Gotta watch out for those gypsy curses . . .

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:23 pm 

My worst buyer was an Italian bidder named  bagatto0001.  He asked me BEFORE one of my auctions what the price to ship to Italy would be.  I told him $10 plus $4 per additional book (this was before flat rate envelopes could be sent to Italy).  At the end of the auction, he won 3 books and then negged me for because he thought my shipping was too high!  What a jackass.  

Fortunately, most of my Italian buyers have been wonderful, patient, and a joy to deal with.   :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 14 of 19123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 171819