Idiot Bidders List
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 19123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 171819
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:22 am 

I still maintain, my fave is the girl from america who decided to place a winning bid on my ENGLISH copy of the DMG (3.5 so yeah.. heavy). Shipping that royal mail quoted me was about double what the end auction total was and I had to laugh, it would have been cheaper for her to just go down to the store and buy a new copy than import one all the way from the uk!
Anyway, she never payed so I relisted and sold both the DMG and monster manual to a nice english bloke for a much more reasonable postage price.

"Somehow, in hell I knew there would be mushrooms"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:11 pm 

serleran wrote:I am an idiot bidder. No, seriously, I am. I don't have a firm grasp of what an item is "worth" other than how much I would spend for it, and a "system" I only haphazardly use to determine "average price" which I gleefully ignore if its something I really want, or that I haven't seen in a while, or if its from someone I trust to not rip me off, which are a few of you (and one brick and mortar store) I recognize on eBay (or have dealt with off eBay.) So, I'm easy to take advantage of, I guess. Not very worthy to be here, that's for sure.

Actually, its probably that I just get excited to find something that I've been looking for. Maybe I need better tools for finding this stuff, so I could be better at it.

Maybe a new thread on that.

Serl, you guys absolutely do not belong in this thread.  Even if you were a bit overexuberant in bidding(which seeing your bidding habits, I really don't believe that you are even that), this thread is about Ebay auction wreckers or people out to get sellers for whatever their reasons are.  You guys most certainly do not qualify as that. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:12 pm 

serleran wrote:I am an idiot bidder. No, seriously, I am.

I think you are being pretty hard on yourself.  I wouldn't call you an idiot buyer but probably just a typical buyer.  Many of us here crawl Ebay way too often, have our searches up the wazoo, etc looking for the absolute lowest price we can get items at.  Personally, I buy a lot of nonTSR D&D items some of which I buy at $100+ an item.  Realistically, there is only a handful of people out there that are even interested in the item and sometimes I am the one craziest to pay the most.  I'm sure there are a number of items in my collection that if I were to sell them, I would not be able to get back what I initially spent on them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:21 pm 

Oh, my mistake. I thought this thread was intended to point out individuals who made exorbitant bids, or did not "get it." While I thank you for your kindness toward me (and I can agree on some levels with it) I do think, at times, I am an idiot bidder. :) Well, used to be, anyway. Upping bids every hour (this was a long time ago) or whatever... now, we've developed a more sound system for it, and we're sure to put a cap on the item's worth.

*butts out of thread*

Perhaps when I put my duplicates up for sale I'll attract one of these same people?

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:15 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:

It is bizarre isn't it? Every Sellers dream - a crazy newbie war over an item that is relatively common. Don't those bidders look around for similar items? They are now bidding six times what it is worth. Astonishing  

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Well... looks like party time's over...dickhead ebayer "randols1" has just informed me he'd like to cancel his bids...bringing the current price down to a whopping $12.04.    I half expected as much. Look's like a bargain now at that price!

In addition...if any resellers or otherwise would like to block this loser from their own auctions (as I now have of course), it would be much appreciated.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:24 am 

seeyouinescrow wrote:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Well... looks like party time's over...dickhead ebayer "randols1" has just informed me he'd like to cancel his bids...bringing the current price down to a whopping $12.04.    I half expected as much. Look's like a bargain now at that price!

In addition...if any resellers or otherwise would like to block this loser from their own auctions (as I now have of course), it would be much appreciated.

Worst thing now is that the other high bidder has got so many bids...it's unlikely that anyone else will bid on it! (especially if a current watcher has seen how high he was willing to go!)

Oh well...it was fun while it lasted  :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:36 am 

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if it's two people who know each other.  Keep bidding each other up from the price you actually want to pay for it, then have one bidder retract all bids.  Then hope that the giant list of bids will scare away anyone else looking to bid, and you can get it cheapish.

However, the realist in me just thinks that it's your standard eBay wanker.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:59 am 

Why in the world would you let him cancel his bids?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:36 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Why in the world would you let him cancel his bids?

I think julia might be a bit like me - it seems much easier to take a bit of a loss and get an unethical buyer out of your life than to go through the work and stress of trying to hold them accountable. Thanks so much for the heads-up, jb.  And I am so sorry a good seller like you got burned.  

Blocked.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:57 am 

degassy to the rescue :D :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:14 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:degassy to the rescue :D :D

No kidding!...and another bid on top of it just ot be sure he gets it!  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:43 pm 

Jesus, might be time to off-load some duplicates, after looking at this one and the Chainmail auction that just ended!

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:19 am 

Concerning the psycho bidder called sir_lance_u_alot_sales mentioned earlier on this post: you might also want to add the ebay user called: this_is_mine_so_piss_off to your blocked bidder list because they are the same person.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:59 am 

Thanks for the heads up AC.  How did you find that out?  Are they emailing bclarkie 50 times an hour?

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:46 pm 

This clown eBay listings just left me and several other sellers (badmike also I believe) weird negative and neutral feedback, seemingly for no reason.  I have blocked and recommend you all do the same.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:22 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:This clown eBay listings just left me and several other sellers (badmike also I believe) weird negative and neutral feedback, seemingly for no reason.  I have blocked and recommend you all do the same.

I sent him an email...it looks like he might have just pressed the wrong button when sending feedback...weird...

Just heard back from him...he says he didn't mean to leave negs/neutrals...made a mistake....expect a mutual withdraw notice...

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:53 pm 

Badmike wrote:
I sent him an email...it looks like he might have just pressed the wrong button when sending feedback...weird...

Just heard back from him...he says he didn't mean to leave negs/neutrals...made a mistake....expect a mutual withdraw notice...

Mike B.

Update....just got the MW request.  Seems he accidentally wasn't paying attention when entering feedback...!  The weird sounding feedback is just something he does, from what I saw on his past feedback. I'm sure he didn't mean it, but I wish people would pay closer attention.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:31 pm 

Just a note that sir_lance_u_alot_sales is now known as to_the_victor_go_the_spoils

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 19123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 171819