Idiot Bidders List
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:15 am 

juliabulia wrote:Believe it or not, but all the neg. feedback has been removed! Ebay's slow, but I guess they do listen sometimes.

FYI resellers-there's another zero feedback bidder, clarence294, who won some of my items the same day as vecnapoop1. He's bid on a lot of other peoples items too, but I haven't heard a peep out of him and it doesn't look like he'll be paying me. I'll be filing non paying bidder tomorrow.

Maybe you should rename this thread "Idiot Bidders List".  We can all contribute names that have gone south on us, kind of watch out for each other and sound a warning.  
    BTW, for those that don't know, Ebay does provide a slight bit of relief for certain idiot bidders.   Under "preferences", you are allowed to dictate certain terms for bidders.  The ones I have are: No bidders with -1 feedback or worse; No bidders with two unpaid item strikes in the last 30 days, and a limit to the amount of auctions a bidder can win/bid on from your list in the last ten days.  The last is particularly good, as you can specify pretty much any number between 1 and 100.  This helps on the ocassions, such as JB had not long ago, when some moron tries to buy up all your stuff just to piss you off and send you negs.  Realistically, you are probably not going to sell, say, 25 items to the same guy in one week.  Placing this limitation allows you to stop the bleeding if and when some idiot decides to BIN on a couple hundred of your auctions just for giggles....
    I have a couple of names I might add to the list, two guys in the same week won items and then either didn't pay for shipping or severely underpaid it.  One bidder's excuse was that was all the money he had budgeted for this month and I could recieve my payment in another two weeks (!!!!!) would I not mind waiting; the other said he decided to pay what he thought was fair not waht I had listed for everyone to see in the item description.  Idiot Bidder #1 I guess I'll give a pass to, as long as he comes up with the shipping, since I am holding his money for the item anyway; Idiot Bidder #1 isn't getting squat until he ponys up another $2.50......If either doesn't pay I'll let you know their ebay names so you can decide whether or not to deal with them....

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:43 am 

In addition to making those changes to my preferences I've also required that any bidders have a Paypal account.  Not that it has to be used, but at least they have to have one.  I'm hoping that the Paypal account setup process will help deter any bidders that are creating accounts solely to leave neg. feedback.

I think changing the name to Idiot Bidders List is a great idea, the thread may come in handy with any future bidder problems.  I'll see if I can make the change right now.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:07 pm 

Rather than creating a brand new thread, I figured I would bump this thread up as this just about qualifies. :wink:  I was quite bored this morning and so sometimes when I get bored, I hop on EBay and feedback surf. You would be amazed what some people write in their feedback comments. Obviously limiting myself to some of the Great folks here(and others in our hobby) and there dealings with some of the morons out there, here are some that I found to pretty funny. :lol:   To show that I am not impervious to idiots, I will start out with me (the first one is a block of feedback):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEG- Never sent money after we sent out 4 Emails to close sale, Beware of this bidder the-hobbyist ( 1500)  Feb-19-00 18:08 222856577

Reply by bclarkie: DUMBEST person I ever dealt with!Completed transaction w/POSITVE feedback given!  

POS- Smooth transaction. Wonderful customer! raylinsea ( 646)  Feb-18-00 11:09 249513079

Reply by bclarkie: IN REGARDS TO NEG ABOVE, SEE BELOW FEEDBACK TO SEE WHAT I MEAN..  

Great transaction! Fast payment! Highly Recommended eBay'er!!!
spoilswar ( 687)  Feb-14-00 04:53 249842242

POS- Reply by bclarkie: I BOUGHT 2 BOOKS & PAID FOR BOTH AT SAME TIME HE LEFT ME POSITIVE ON 1 ALREADY1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here are some others form other folks:

NEUTRAL- Good response and ship times Buyer  shailadaddy ( 6 )  Feb-18-05 09:52 5954902511

Reply by reindeergamez: Why a neutral, buyer seems happy with purchase. =)

and the follow up feedback:

NEUTRAL- Great ebayer, thank you! Seller  reindeergamez ( 2410)  Feb-22-05 19:58 5954902511

Here is another one:

NEU-cover was ripped off of pages but recieved in reasonable amount of time Buyer  purplemoonflower82 ( 70)  Apr-10-05 13:29 5181136670

Reply by reindeergamez: The cover is seperate on many older AD&D books. They come new like that.

And the follow up:

NEG- Older AD&D books are mostly issued NEW with detached Covers.
Seller  reindeergamez ( 2410)  Apr-10-05 15:19 5181136670

Reply by purplemoonflower82: Description said cover was worn, with small tear....not that it was detached!!!  Apr-11-05 15:14

Follow-up by reindeergamez: Block this bidder for your sake. These type RPG books come detached NEW.  Apr-11-05 15:39

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More:

NEU- paid fast Seller  iemex ( 58)  Mar-05-05 12:39 5948142310

Reply by thedukester: So I get a neutral? Makes perfect sense. Thanks, moron.  Mar-05-05 15:11

Follow-up by iemex: yeah, neutral, cuz the fast pay was the ONLY GOOD THING, yer attutude sucks!!!!!  Mar-07-05 23:55

The follow up:

NEG- TERRIBLE. Charged $15 for Priority, spent $6 on Media. Item REEKED of smoke. F-- Buyer  thedukester ( 1773)  Mar-07-05 23:20 5948142310

Reply by iemex: lucky you got a neutral-threatening email-poor attitude-WORST EXPERIENCE ON EBAY  Mar-07-05 23:47

Follow-up by thedukester: Hey, genius: $9 surcharge + SLOW shipping + BAD smoke smell + poor comm. = LOSER  Mar-08-05 01:41

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the cou-de-grau(sp?) from 2 of everyones favorite dealers:

POS- Awesome ebayer- Stick it to those guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the follow up:

Buyer  cougarrinard ( 4694)  Feb-25-05 17:32 5955949241 NEG-bware, never recieved items, got good email full of swearing, notice a pattern?

Buyer  cougarrinard ( 4694)  May-12-05 02:35 5955949241
Reply by brucem253: He tells me to use non trackable mbags then says dont arrive. Try a chrgeback :)  May-14-05 20:03

Follow-up by cougarrinard: 500+ M bags arrived, funny yours didnt? review FB NEGS, 85% chargeback done wipe  May-15-05 02:44

So there is for your amusement, I hope no one is offended. Please feel to add your own or other expriences. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:53 pm 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Nice.  Incredible what total wads people can be sometimes.  I'll PM you one of my gems.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:28 pm 

Thanks for the good laugh, we're sitting here reading Brian's post and laughing our butts off.   :lol:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:35 pm 

You dug up some of my favorite feedbacks!  =)

I come off less than great with the one regarding the detached cover.  I seriously must have exchanged 15 emails with this lady trying to convince her that her book was not defective and the booklet was supposed to come out so you could see the maps, and I even offered to take it back but she seemed determined to be "right" and gave me a lovely neutral.  I probably shouldn't have given her a negative though, but geez she was a tool!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:52 pm 

[quote="bclarkie"----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEG- Never sent money after we sent out 4 Emails to close sale, Beware of this bidder the-hobbyist ( 1500) Feb-19-00 18:08 222856577

Reply by bclarkie: DUMBEST person I ever dealt with!Completed transaction w/POSITVE feedback given!  

POS- Smooth transaction. Wonderful customer! raylinsea ( 646) Feb-18-00 11:09 249513079

Reply by bclarkie: IN REGARDS TO NEG ABOVE, SEE BELOW FEEDBACK TO SEE WHAT I MEAN..  

Great transaction! Fast payment! Highly Recommended eBay'er!!!

spoilswar ( 687) Feb-14-00 04:53 249842242

POS- Reply by bclarkie: I BOUGHT 2 BOOKS & PAID FOR BOTH AT SAME TIME HE LEFT ME POSITIVE ON 1 ALREADY1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/quote]

You forgot the other feedback he left you:

This is a retraction for negative report the item on was notright SorreySorrey

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:21 am 

Okay, I've got another live one.   User ID "dianerwontdoherjob" sent me the following note -

"stop ruining all the auctions just so you can resell everything. stop pricefixing. you're being an asshole. by the way, $5.55 for media mail is fucking retarded".

While I might resemble some the remarks), I wonder how listing something at $.99 for a bunch of magazines is "price fixing".

I have reported them to eBay and blocked them from bidding.   Anyone else heard from this buyer?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:28 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Okay, I've got another live one. User ID "dianerwontdoherjob" sent me the following note -

"stop ruining all the auctions just so you can resell everything. stop pricefixing. you're being an asshole. by the way, $5.55 for media mail is fucking retarded".

While I might resemble some the remarks), I wonder how listing something at $.99 for a bunch of magazines is "price fixing".

I have reported them to eBay and blocked them from bidding. Anyone else heard from this buyer?

I do recognize the user ID. He/She was involved in a shilling incident on an illegal auction with a different user ID bobfromaccounting1975 before both IDs bids were cancelled by the seller at the last minute:

Dungeons and Dragons Books | eBay

eBay.com Item Bid History

I am sure that both of those bidders were one in the same. Now bobfromaccounting1975 went the path of going after creep1962 in mid-August and that is why he is now suspened. He basically BINed a bunch of creeps store items:

Welcome to eBay

And he/she left feedback immediately
bobfromaccounting1975 wrote:You are a cock!

Soon after, EBay suspended him and removed the feedback that he left for creep1962. Truthfully, I was kind of happy to see someone go after creep1962, because he is such a jerk-off, but this clearly shows that he is not just interested in the jack- asses, he is going to go after the good people too, and so it was good that you blocked them. Based on the MO of these 2 newer bidders, I would say that they are defintiely the same person who was behind the user ID of vecnapoop. I hope that helps. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:41 pm 

I hate to dredge up an old thread, but had a run in with our reseller hater - puchased several things in my store before I could block him.   The ID he is using now is "creep1962-is-retarded".   Block him asap.   Seems to think that it is really difficult to reopen auctions and reclaim $ from ebay.    Oh well, back to listings.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:49 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:I hate to dredge up an old thread, but had a run in with our reseller hater - puchased several things in my store before I could block him. The ID he is using now is "creep1962-is-retarded". Block him asap. Seems to think that it is really difficult to reopen auctions and reclaim $ from ebay. Oh well, back to listings.

Unfortunately this is taking the turn I figured it might. It is getting worse, much worse. :( He has even gone ahead and created an about me page now and it is not only completely disgusting, but it is also out and out libelous. Please DO NOT view this link if you are easliy offended:

I do not know what this guys malfunction is, but he is not doing anyone any favors by acting this way. The best way to handle sellers that you don't like and/or agree with is just to avoid them. To be honest if it wasn't obvious already, I do not care for creep's selling tactics what-so-ever, however this is not the way to attack the problem, if anything it is making it worse. I am actually going to save this page in case anyone wants to take the step and pursue legal action against this guy.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:16 pm 

*coughs* Larger warning please, Brian. Some of us just click any links we see...

bclarkie wrote:Please DO NOT view this link if you are easliy offended:

eBay<link removed>

Sheesh... :?

Should hopefully be easy enough to get the transaction/any feedback wiped, Guido?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:20 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*coughs* Larger warning please, Brian. Some of us just click any links we see...

Should hopefully be easy enough to get the transaction/any feedback wiped, Guido?

Sorry. :oops: *<fixes post>*

Well the good news is that EBay has already suspended him. I imagine that they will be removing that about me page pretty quickly as well, but for posterity, I took some pictures and saved the Text on my hard drive jst in case it wants to be pursue futher.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:28 pm 

Here is another one just created: mario-the-plumber. This guy was also just suspended and has basically the exact same about me page as creep1962-is-retarded, but I will spare everyone the link this time.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:34 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*coughs* Larger warning please, Brian. Some of us just click any links we see...

2001User ID Not Found

I don't think it will be any problem to recover funds, one way or another.   And fortunately, as my wife looks on over my shoulder, I can say that I am confortable this my sexuality.   Say what he wants I guess.

What really bothers me is that he threatened to destroy me (I assume that he means on eBay).   Very, very sad, lonely person.    That aside, I have to realize how exposed we are on eBay.   Kinda scary.   It really shows how poor the new buyer application process is at eBay.  

Brian, thanks for saving the info.   Sometimes when ya get really pissed, ya accidentally delete stuff.    I am going to contact a laywer through work tomorrow and see what, if anything, they can do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:36 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Here is another one just created: mario-the-plumber. This guy was also just suspended and has basically the exact same about me page as creep1962-is-retarded, but I will spare everyone the link this time.

Wow, how do you find these guys so fast?   Matter of fact, if I had not been on eBay at the time, he would have hit every DB item I had.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:28 am 

Now I remember why I left ebay.  And to think I was aggravated over a buyer who wanted to buy insurance on an item that sold for $1.25...

moron with money

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:05 am 

Thanks for the heads up on this problem.  What a loon!  Let us know if you get any response regarding them Guido.

PreviousNext