Idiot Bidders List
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:03 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Believe me, I have tried that. She went 16 consecutive emails to me without a response.  Its only the last couple that I have responded to, although maybe I should just stop completely. :)

That is the first thing you learn with a stalker.  Don't give them what they want, which is contact. Sometimes they will even up the ante to try and push your buttons more.  They want a response more than anything, because without acknowledgement they can't be sure any of the stalking is having any effect.  They will soon move on when someone else pisses them off or becomes the next object of their anger.  That is the unfortunate thing about stalkers, they never stop doing it, but they can decide to refocus their attention once their interest in you wanes.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:44 pm 

i think you should have refunded her the money. You KNOW this is coming out of her unemployment check................

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:04 am 

bclarkie wrote:You know this situation almost like a horrible train wreck, so awful to look at, but you just can't turn away. :?

Its certainly made for entertaining forum drama.  Despite the entertainment factor, Buyers like this are the main reason I'm loath to start selling on Ebay.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:35 am 

That is the first thing you learn with a stalker.  Don't give them what they want, which is contact. Sometimes they will even up the ante to try and push your buttons more.  They want a response more than anything, because without acknowledgement they can't be sure any of the stalking is having any effect.  They will soon move on when someone else pisses them off or becomes the next object of their anger.  That is the unfortunate thing about stalkers, they never stop doing it, but they can decide to refocus their attention once their interest in you wanes.

That's dead on Mike. You must be in law enforcement or a psych major.

Last edited by Ekim Toor on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:02 am 

Ekim Toor wrote:
That's dead on Mike. You must be in law enforecement or a psych major.

Had to deal with stalkers and read up on them.  Several young men became "infatuated" with my daughter and basically wouldn't leave her alone....some old enough to know better (this was when she was between the ages of 13-16).  The patterns are disturbingly similar in most cases.  One thing every single piece of literature tells you is not to respond to any provocation in even the slightest way....any response at all (particularly a negative one) only reinforces their behavoir.  Typically no response will lead to more and more outrageous stunts, until finally the stalker finds a target that is more receptive, and dumps the first target...you are not solving the problem so much as redirecting the attention, which is unfortunate but the police are about as useful as tits on a turtle in these cases so you have no other choices.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:14 am 

Badmike wrote:
about as useful as tits on a turtle in these cases so you have no other choices.

Mike B.

:lol:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:29 am 

Things tits are useless on:
Bulls
Turtles

I say we add Emus.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:36 am 

Lizardwomen. Tits are useless on them. And dwarf women... too much beard to get through, and then, there's the chest hair.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I am very interested in knowing who this guy is, as I suspect he came after me last month, but I cancelled his bids before he was able to get me. The guy who came after me used the Ebay handle Elakius and he used an AOL email address. Also, maybe someone could invite him to the forum to see if he actually has the fortitude to post here. I suspect that he wont, but if he really believes in his "cause" maybe he will.

Ouch, he needs to find a new name.

Regards,

Stephen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:29 pm 

The Necromancer version of City State of the Invincible Overlord has a picture of a "croc woman" that has breasts.  (Dudes! Reptile?)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:12 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Radovarl, by your own admission, you are not here enough to recognize some fairly obvious personality traits in some of our members. Take DL39, for instance, who you seem to be really worried about he has a completely over-the-top, anti-PC style that he often plays for maximum effect. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but we (those of who show up more than once a month) also know he is an old-school D&D collector who is willing to help out with trades, share his knowledge, place bids for overseas members, spot scammers, etc. Hell, Frank makes me wince sometimes, but I know that if he spotted an item I'd been looking for, he would let me know or buy it himself and send it to me.

We also have a forum that is, by the owner's choice, very lightly moderated. In general, this has been met with great approval, as too many of us have seen the utter disaster that is "moderation" at places such as Dragonsfoot. Again, this sytem might not work for everyone, but, generally speaking, we seem to have managed to struggle along somehow. **

So, frankly, I gotta tell you that I'm completely unimpressed by someone who just drops by to pass judgment every month or so. Honestly, if we suck so bad, how about you just ... not visit again? (Or you could always take more cheap-shots at this site over at Dragonsfoot; see your May 21 entry). Or, if we do have a shred of hope, why don't you actually join the site and pitch in on some research or help spot some rip-off artists or do something else productive? Your track record here is, I'm sorry to say, mostly just arguing with people. Yet you feel justified in judging us. Whatever.

You know what I do get sick of? Random, drive-by comments from once-a-month vistors.

+++++

** Compare our unmoderated site, for instance, to Dragsonsfoot. Which site has the 90-percent on-topic rate ... and which is on-topic aboout 20-percent of the time?

I really couldn't care less how impressed you are with me, Xaxaxeaxxeeeaxaaexeae, your Erol Otus signature notwithstanding.  Since the forum is unmoderated, I'll just feel free to tell you how much of a fucking uptight prick I think bclarkie is, and that I think you're a fucking asslicking dickhead to stick up for him.  The man (okay, boy) is clearly a self-righteous jerk, and picking on someone's (assumed) sexual orientation is clearly out-of-bounds regardless of the eBay situation.  I don't really know or care whether this particular buyer has a bonafide gripe or not.  It doesn't matter.  Once you start calling people "carpet munchers" and such-like, or defended same, you've gone into the territory of the irredeemably sexist.  Maybe I'll take so-called cheap-shots more often, if I'm not stopping by often enough for your taste.  Get a life.  Grow up.  And better yet, get a girlfriend, or a boyfriend, or a transsexual carpet-muncher.  I don't care, just stop being so friggin' one-sided.  Check the last five posts.... I'm not the only one who thinks you're going too far........

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:37 am 

Radovarl wrote:
I really couldn't care less how impressed you are with me, Xaxaxeaxxeeeaxaaexeae, your Erol Otus signature notwithstanding.  Since the forum is unmoderated, I'll just feel free to tell you how much of a fucking uptight prick I think bclarkie is, and that I think you're a fucking asslicking dickhead to stick up for him.  The man (okay, boy) is clearly a self-righteous jerk, and picking on someone's (assumed) sexual orientation is clearly out-of-bounds regardless of the eBay situation.  I don't really know or care whether this particular buyer has a bonafide gripe or not.  It doesn't matter.  Once you start calling people "carpet munchers" and such-like, or defended same, you've gone into the territory of the irredeemably sexist.  Maybe I'll take so-called cheap-shots more often, if I'm not stopping by often enough for your taste.  Get a life.  Grow up.  And better yet, get a girlfriend, or a boyfriend, or a transsexual carpet-muncher.  I don't care, just stop being so friggin' one-sided.  Check the last five posts.... I'm not the only one who thinks you're going too far........

Wow.  Glad to see you took the high road on this one Rad - another fine post :roll: .  I'm also guessing that you've probably said enough that we won't have to see you ever again too.  Good riddance.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:49 am 

Great post, Rad. Love the mature, rational arguments. And I'll have to remember "fucking asslicking dickhead" for future use.

You are on the wrong forums, though. As a favor, I'll point you in the right direction:

http://www.selfrighteous-blowhards.com

Have fun! ImageImageImage

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:31 am 

This is a forum for D&D collectors, and although I believe since Ebay is a major componet for old School D&D collectors wishing to trade in these products, I dont think THIS Forum should devolve into any sort of political or self righteous platform from a self admitted "drive by shooter" idiot (Radvioli) to just stir up the pot every month or so on stupid irrelevant posts for his own entertainment. Please ban this poster from future particapation as it is clear he/she/it is only here to cause trouble and is not interested in any sort of intelligent or coherant contribution to the subjects that this site is based on.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:57 am 

wow thats what i call getting something off your chest.

not impressed.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:05 am 

Radovarl wrote: The man (okay, boy) is clearly a self-righteous jerk, and picking on someone's (assumed) sexual orientation is clearly out-of-bounds regardless of the eBay situation.  

Hey genius, maybe you need to go back and read my posts, I have yet to make one reference to anyone's sexual orientation or are you too high up on your horse to see that far?

Radovarl wrote:  Since the forum is unmoderated, I'll just feel free to tell you how much of a fucking uptight prick I think bclarkie is

I think I feel a tear coming to my eye. :(  Oh wait I forgot, I am not the one who cries whenever I don't get my way, thats you.   Wow and resorting to calling me a "boy" and telling X that he needs to go get laid, all that's left is the "if you don't shut up, I'll kick your ass!!" comment
and you will officially hit the pathetic Internet Forum Poster's "I really have nothing to say" lame Trifecta!  

Seriously, don't you have a home to make or something Mr. Homemaker?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:06 am 

Radovarl wrote:Repeat post...somehow.

Oh yeah and let me point out yet another 2 more productive posts from you Radovarl. Thanks for honoring us with your presence here Mr Homemaker, we really enjoy your presence here, you make us a better forum.  :D

Maybe I should also mention that you are a duplicitous two faced liar.  Do you still want to bid on that Booty and the Beasts that I had up for sale?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:15 am 

Do you still want to bid on that Booty and the Beasts that I had up for sale?

Goddammit, man! Why do you have to have everything I want? Sonofabutter-muncher. Heh. I'll keep my eyes on you...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

PreviousNext