Idiot Bidders List
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:59 pm 

I find it amusing that a dyke uses an eBay name with obvious male sexual undertones. Oh wait, SHE must be the one who straps on.
You can tell by the way the rants are structured that she has a graying crewcut, short beard, and more back hair than King Kong.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:42 pm 

She's gone to private feedback. :pukel:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ckAsSeller

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone take the whole feedback thing so damn seriously. It's almost surreal.

And we're not dealing with a real intellectual giant here, either ... making her feedback private will hurt her sales 500 times worse than a lone negative ever would.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:49 pm 

I don't have an eBay account (my fiancée does my online purchases, many of which I don't even know about) so I have no idea what that means... does it mean you have to be in a transaction before you can see the feedback? If so, I agree that the private rating will be very harmful. I wouldn't want to buy (or sell) from someone without being able to see a "track history."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:15 pm 

Feedback totals are always visible to anyone; the private setting is just a way to hide the actual comments.

I'm not totally sold on eBay's reasons for offering this setting — even on their own official help pages, they warn users that private feedback is often viewed with suspicion. It's especially deadly for anyone who plans to do a lot of selling, as the obvious question that alert bidders will ask is: "Why are you hiding your feedback from me?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:34 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:She's gone to private feedback. :pukel:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ckAsSeller

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone take the whole feedback thing so damn seriously. It's almost surreal.

And we're not dealing with a real intellectual giant here, either ... making her feedback private will hurt her sales 500 times worse than a lone negative ever would.

It looks like Bclarkie's negative is the only one currently visible on her total.

By hiding her feedback she conceals what other people had to say about her.

More importantly, she conceals the really unreasonable things she has had to say about her customers.

Private or not...she does look better to someone who might have read all of her nasty negatives given to others.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm 

My ebay message:

At the risk of getting email-bombed by you....You would do better just to apologize to bclarkie for your behavior.  Admit that maybe you have gotten just a bit out of hand.

The private feedback keeps people from seeing the really nasty feedback you have left for others...but any intelligent buyer would have to ask why you need to conceal it.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:44 pm 

I didnt think you could sell items with a private feedback according to ebays new policy. Thanks for bringing this person to light for everybody on the forum who deals on ebay. Any idea if she has a clue how silly she looks being posted and exposed here and how many potential customers and sellers she has completely alienated?

Maybe she is Cougar's twin sister!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:27 pm 

Afrika Corps wrote:I didnt think you could sell items with a private feedback according to ebays new policy. Thanks for bringing this person to light for everybody on the forum who deals on ebay. Any idea if she has a clue how silly she looks being posted and exposed here and how many potential customers and sellers she has completely alienated?

Maybe she is Cougar's twin sister!

The love child of Cougie and Sir Lance would look like Rosie ODonnell crossed with a turtle...a fat, overweight turtle...and throw in Marty Feldman's eyes for good measure.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:22 am 

You might want to keep your speculations about the "idiot bidder"'s sexual orientation to yourself, guys.  Making comments about carpet munching, Rosie O'Donnell crossed with turtles and so forth makes this site look like it's a haven for a bunch of bigoted, close-minded jerks.  I know some of you are better than that.  This is not a comment on the behavior of the particular person in question; maybe s/he is what you claim.  My policy now is to drop by the Acaeum every month or so to see what kind of shenanigans you folks are up to.  Ya might want to ask yourself why it is that whenever I do, there's another conflict between bclarkie and someone on eBay, or here, or wherever.  Do you never get sick of this crap?  See you again in July.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:24 am 

One individual's crass remarks about the precieved sexual orientation of a psycho ebay member who's interest involves buying & selling of classic D&D items does not make this a bigoted website. Pull your head out of YOUR close minded asshole. This is NOT the United Nations website for World Peace and tolerance of nasty cunt bitch buyers. Bclarkie has a legitimate complaint that affects everyone who deals with D&D items on ebay.

I applaud Bclarkie for bringing this shithead to everyones attention.  If last poster's intention is to " drop by every now and then to see what shenanigens "we" are up to? is your only purpose on this site, Then my answer is go fuck Cougar in the Ass or let him drive because your not welcomed.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:36 am 

I might not have been quite so vitriolic but perhaps Afrika Corps comments to Radovarl have some merit, bearing in mind the latters previous record on this website.

(FWIW I feel honoured that Radovarl can spare the time to bless us with his presence - I feel kind of humble :roll: )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:41 am 

Okay, maybe my resonse to Rad's comment is a bit "Crass" and impolite, my point is that I think the evidence provided by Bclarkie is a  good thing to warn people about that stability of that user and to stop being so wussified insensitive and politicaly correct in general.

" If it bleeds, we can kill it"  - Conan

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:50 am 

Radovarl, by your own admission, you are not here enough to recognize some fairly obvious personality traits in some of our members. Take DL39, for instance, who you seem to be really worried about he has a completely over-the-top, anti-PC style that he often plays for maximum effect. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but we (those of who show up more than once a month) also know he is an old-school D&D collector who is willing to help out with trades, share his knowledge, place bids for overseas members, spot scammers, etc. Hell, Frank makes me wince sometimes, but I know that if he spotted an item I'd been looking for, he would let me know or buy it himself and send it to me.

We also have a forum that is, by the owner's choice, very lightly moderated. In general, this has been met with great approval, as too many of us have seen the utter disaster that is "moderation" at places such as Dragonsfoot. Again, this sytem might not work for everyone, but, generally speaking, we seem to have managed to struggle along somehow. **

So, frankly, I gotta tell you that I'm completely unimpressed by someone who just drops by to pass judgment every month or so. Honestly, if we suck so bad, how about you just ... not visit again? (Or you could always take more cheap-shots at this site over at Dragonsfoot; see your May 21 entry). Or, if we do have a shred of hope, why don't you actually join the site and pitch in on some research or help spot some rip-off artists or do something else productive? Your track record here is, I'm sorry to say, mostly just arguing with people. Yet you feel justified in judging us. Whatever.

Radovarl wrote:Do you never get sick of this crap?

You know what I do get sick of? Random, drive-by comments from once-a-month vistors.

+++++

** Compare our unmoderated site, for instance, to Dragsonsfoot. Which site has the 90-percent on-topic rate ... and which is on-topic aboout 20-percent of the time?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:48 am 

Hi,

I find the personal assassination comments on this seller a bit offensive.

Mainly because I usually assume fairly intelligent people don't lower themselves to that sort of name-calling.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:22 am 

lawrenson wrote:I find the personal assassination comments on this seller a bit offensive.

Mainly because I usually assume fairly intelligent people don't lower themselves to that sort of name-calling.

bclarkie's restraint in dealing with the problem buyer has been remarkable.  If I had been carpet-bombed with e-mails, I would not have been as reasonable.  And I certainly would have posted some nasty stuff here.

It's not so much name-calling as it is supporting bclarkie.  No one here knows the problem buyer; no one is making serious comments against her, other than that the buyer is acting like a freaked-out psycho.  The buyer appears to be a woman, so calling her a lesbian is a knee-jerk way to make fun of her.

And Deadlord is Deadlord, bless his blackened heart.   :D

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:53 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:bclarkie's restraint in dealing with the problem buyer has been remarkable.  If I had been carpet-bombed with e-mails, I would not have been as reasonable.  And I certainly would have posted some nasty stuff here.

It's not so much name-calling as it is supporting bclarkie.  No one here knows the problem buyer; no one is making serious comments against her, other than that the buyer is acting like a freaked-out psycho.  The buyer appears to be a woman, so calling her a lesbian is a knee-jerk way to make fun of her.

Well I for one made the 'militant lesbian' remark and I dont see any problem with it at all.  BClarkie stated that the buyer is a woman.  Her emails to bclarkie are proof enough for me that she has an obvious mental health issue.  And the auction for the kiss that her 'friend' won was simply one of the most asinine, queerest things I have ever seen.  So I think 'militant lesbian' is a pretty accurate description of the buyer based on the evidence.  Maybe I should have used 'mentally challenged bi-curious female' instead.  But since I don't believe in being politically correct I refrained from doing so.

And before anyone gives me shit for 'gay-bashing', please take note that one of my best friends is a homosexual.  I just don't see the point in making up silly definitions to describe people just because one or two people find a word that describes them offensive.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:05 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And the auction for the kiss that her 'friend' won was simply one of the most asinine, queerest things I have ever seen.

eBay brings that out in people.  She's not the most stable buyer one could hope to have.

Kingofpain89 wrote:So I think 'militant lesbian' is a pretty accurate description of the buyer based on the evidence.  Maybe I should have used 'mentally challenged bi-curious female' instead.  But since I don't believe in being politically correct I refrained from doing so.

But it would have been funnier.  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:43 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
And before anyone gives me shit for 'gay-bashing', please take note that one of my best friends is a homosexual.  I just don't see the point in making up silly definitions to describe people just because one or two people find a word that describes them offensive.

Thanks for outtting me on the forum........ 8O

JUST KIDDING!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext