Idiot Bidders List
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:03 pm 

Hi all,

I just wanted to post my frustrations with a certain situation that happened to me.

A zero feedback bidder bid up "ALL" of my items ending yesterday and today. Me thinking this was very odd, noting that he seemed to be mainly bidding on my items, pulled up his contact info. and checked it out. I wasn't around during my first batch of auctions ending to catch it then.

Welcome to eBay

Come to find out he's Mr. Guy Gacks at a false address in Florida. I was able to cancel nearly all of his bids for today. But, now I have to send out 2nd chance offers for all 17 items that ended yesterday.

It's obviously someone messing around because he bid outrageous prices:
eBay.com Item Bid History

I supposed it's someone I've blocked with a vendetta against me? Any thoughts on this?

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:11 pm 

It happens from time to time that some members of this site become internet rambos. Read the bad seller/buyer list and dont deal with any of them.

Secondly I have noticed that a few members are truly vengeful against those they percieve as "Bad". Maybe your in that boat.

Just speculation.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:17 pm 

Well, I mostly deal with repeat buyers and 99% are happy with my service, so I hope that I'm not in that category.  :lol:

Although, I'm not on good terms with cougarrinard!  But, who is!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:40 pm 

Well it could be just some random attack or it could be specific and if it is someone specific, I can almost guarantee I know who it is(if you are interested in knowing who I think it is PM me).  One person that I can tell you it is not, is Cougar, because for one if Cougar was actually trying to get back at people that "wronged" him, the list would be VERY long. :P  But seriously though, as a big of a pain in the ass as Dave is, based on my previous dealings with him I am almost positive he would have better things to do than that. It is just not in his personality. One thing that I do do to help is that I have my sellers settings set up for that exact reason to prevent such attacks, because the biggest problem you may be facing now is the inevitable negative feedback attack. Without naming any specific names, because of this site I seem to have made myself a bit unpopular with some of the shadier D&D sellers, so to help combat that, I have placed some very heavy limitations on low feedback bidders bidding on my auctions. I would rather lose out a few bucks from a few legitimate newbies, than in the end then having to try to deal with the headache of trying to get EBay to remove non-legitimate feedback, which it seems unless your name is jonb7839 it is almost impossible to do.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:21 am 

Please don't post in all-caps :(

It's not terribly uncommon, unofortunately.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:16 am 

Yes sir.  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:35 am 

If eBay require a credit card to open an eBay account, presumably someone's credit card was used to open the account.

If eBay are allowing fake accounts to be openned up, that's a eBay issue. They are not checking the credit card address against the postal address on the account. One option may be to prevent bidders who do not have a PayPal account from bidding on items. You can receive payment in any way you wish, but if you require them to hold a PayPal account, they at least have to comit a banking fraud by openning a fake PayPal account as well.

One thing that I have succeeded in doing in the UK is asking eBay to refund all my fees on items that where they failed to prevent fraud from interupting the norman course of my business.

The arguement goes like this. eBay have not carried out sufficient checks on new customers. Their security and fraud prevention is a joke. They provide no method for legitimate sellers to defend themselves against fraud. This is directly affecting your business. You have to spend additional time relisting items. You have to make phonecalls and spend money doing the checks that eBay should have done. As a result you loose money on these transactions as a result of eBay failing to provide basic checks on newly openned accounts. You want all your fees refunded for the affected transactions as they have failed to provide an acceptable level of service for which you have been charged. As they have not provided the service, if they do not provide a full refund, you will recover the fees from your Credit Card company.

On three occasions over the past two years I have recovered my feed from eBay, and I am still on eBay buying and selling.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:11 pm 

Well, now it's obvious that he just wants to leave me neg.  One a day I'm sure.  We'll see how long it takes ebay to remove him for falsifying the contact info.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:14 am 

This guy went after me about 3 weeks ago.   Fortunately, I blocked him from bidding on any of my stuff right away.   He is out to get all resellers who he feels are unfairly bumping up the roleplaying lots.    I tried to rationalize with him, but clearly, I failed. :(

Let me know if you need any back up when talking to eBay.   I am pretty sure that I still have his emails.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:27 am 

Thanks for the info.!  I've been racking my brain trying to figure out who it is and why he did it.

I'll keep you updated on any progress with ebay, hopefully they'll do something.   They really are slow in responding. :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:11 pm 

Hi all, I'm afraid I may be next on the bump list, so I'm putting some precautions in on my listings as well.  I got this email this morning.

"RPG Cancer"... at this point all, that I hope is that your crap specalutive buisness will collapse.

I will be happy to email or PM the username of this fool, or forward the email to anyone interested.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:15 pm 

juliabulia wrote:Thanks for the info.! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out who it is and why he did it.

I'll keep you updated on any progress with ebay, hopefully they'll do something.  They really are slow in responding. :)

I'm reporting the email I recieved to ebay as well, (since it is from this guy's main account.  Also I'm going to try going through the powerseller program thing.  (You'd think that silly badge might be good for something)

Good Luck!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:38 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:Hi all, I'm afraid I may be next on the bump list, so I'm putting some precautions in on my listings as well. I got this email this morning.

"RPG Cancer"... at this point all, that I hope is that your crap specalutive buisness will collapse.

I will be happy to email or PM the username of this fool, or forward the email to anyone interested.

I am very interested in knowing who this guy is, as I suspect he came after me last month, but I cancelled his bids before he was able to get me. The guy who came after me used the Ebay handle Elakius and he used an AOL email address. Also, maybe someone could invite him to the forum to see if he actually has the fortitude to post here. I suspect that he wont, but if he really believes in his "cause" maybe he will.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:46 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:Hi all, I'm afraid I may be next on the bump list, so I'm putting some precautions in on my listings as well. I got this email this morning.

Guido and Reindeer, if you guys would please post the Ebay name of the guy, so some of us can pre-emptively block.  I just blocked Vecnapoop1 and I want to cover all my bases.  Do we have a master list of this moron's identities?

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:00 pm 

Vecnapoop1 was the only name I had.   That is who I have blocked.   I hope he does not have additional names . . .

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm 

I originally didn't list the username of the person who emailed me simply because I don't know if it's an alternate ID of the person who bombed the other auctions, or a completely seperate incident.  BUT... after stewing over this most of the day, WHO CARES.  This person decided to write a not so nice email to me, so why should I protect him or worry about him being mistaken for ANOTHER bad user (if they are seperate people)

Anyhow...

The email I recieved is from Albinoaligator  he seems mostly to bid on White Wolf type stuff which is what made me think that it could easily be 2 people.  It saddens me to see people messing with US and our auctions.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who is a collector first and foremost, and appriciates ebay as a way to further their collection(s) without having to resort to eating catfood to get by.

Best Wishes everyone, hope these incidents die down.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:28 am 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is a collector first and foremost, and appriciates ebay as a way to further their collection(s) without having to resort to eating catfood to get by.

Mmmmm, cat food!!   Dry or canned?  

Agreed!!   I collect first & formost and stated this to the person in question (at least the one I was dealing with).

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:52 am 

Well, looks like my many emails to ebay finally shut down vecnapoop1.  He's now NARU. :D

I was beginning to think that they were never going to respond!  Now, I just have to wait and see if they'll remove the negs he left for me.

However, I'm almost positive that he is already or will be using other ebay accounts.  I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for any strange bidding from 0 feedback bidders.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help and support, let's hope he doesn't strike again.

Next