London explosions
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 21, 2
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:13 pm 

rosenkav wrote:I've read what you're writing, and knowing a little bit of the muslim faith, I believe it's a fact of culture clash.

Very true, though your interpretation is a bit off.

What Al Qaeda and the followers of Bin Laden do is *not* in the traditions of Islam. It is a mortal sin to kill an innocent, woman, child, or man... the only "honorable" killing (and even then, it is to be avoided) is in open war with an aware and capable opponent.

Bin Laden and his ilk are more like death cultists than Muslims, but it only goes to show the desperation that the peoples of the Middle East have been driven to.

Paradise is, indeed, guaranteed to a jihadi, if he dies in a struggle for God. BUT, the jihadi must still be honoring the tenets of the Quran; if he is not, he is condemned regardless. And the Muslims have a hell that makes the Christian seem paradisical by comparison.

But that is neither here nor there, as Al Qaeda is no more a Muslim organization than the KKK or Aryan Sons are Christian organizations. Both claim to be, but follow their own warped beliefs, mutated through their own hatreds and biases and, in the case of Al Qaeda moreso than the KKK, tribal beliefs (though there's more than enough tribalism in KKK beliefs than you would think). All such groups are condemned by the mainstream of their respective faiths; it just so happens that, due to history, Al Qaeda has a LOT more resources to do what it wants than the other organizations of such ilk on this end of the spectrum. Think what it would be like today if the KKK had access to billions of dollars and men and women so desperate they would give their lives for the cause...

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:26 am 

deimos3428 wrote:I love the sense of community, guys, but please, let's try to avoid posting too much religion/politics/inflamatory whatnot on here...somebody is bound to get really pissed off for no good reason...I can guarantee you don't want to hear my views on those topics, being the fun-lovin', pacifist, liberal-minded, eco-friendly, evolutionist, sociopath Canuck that I am.

Well said.  I am particularly impressed that you finally admitted to being a tree-hugging Canuck!

And with that, I'm locking this thread.  We all know it's off-topic, and here isn't the place to hash out these issues.  As Tyson has correctly pointed out, there is bound to be conflicting viewpoints on this, and needless flaring of tempers.  Direct your anger towards our own little eBay terrorists.

I have friends in London, too (who are thankfully okay), and our thoughts are with everyone in the UK tonight.  On that, I think we can all agree.  'Nuff said.

Foul

Previous
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 21, 2