Outlook for 3E
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:50 am 

Hey guys and gals (being pc here)  I just wanted to throw a conversation piece out there so...  How is 3E doing?  I am totally out of the 3E loop and have not really paid attention to it after tiring from the 2E to 3E flame wars that were consistently erupting on the D&D newgroups.  I have not visited those said groups in probably over 2 years now.  I have noticed a killer amount of content out there for it but is it suffering from too much dilution then?  Just curious.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:19 am 

I play 3Ed once a week. It has more detail than 2nd ed, but is simpler that AD&D1st. No more pages and pages of charts. Most of the charts were converted into simple rules that are universal.   I also occassionally play Shadowrun.   What I don't like about modern D&D is that it was bought out by Wizards of the Coast who was bought out by Hasbro. So D&D is just another game in the Hasbro product line.   I heard Weis & Hickman bought back the rights to Dragonlance.    I have been re-reading my old Dungeon magazines and realized just how easy it is to convert any campaign to 3rd edition. I always used them loosely anyway. I am of the go where the players go school, not where the GM (module) leads them. Always have a dozen modules to update to currrent events whenever necessary. Haven't GMed in years though, too much else going on.