Off Topic: Why Can't I Post  Messages from My Home Computer
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:07 am 

I have no problem posting Acaeum forum messages from my work computer, but I'm unable to post them from my home computer for some reason.

I log in, compose my message, and when I hit submit, I'm asked to log in again. So I login again (even though I'm already shown as being logged in), hit submit again, and once again I'm asked to log in. It's an endless loop, and the message won't ever post.

Anyone know what's going on or how I can fix this?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:38 pm 

shadowfax17 wrote:I have no problem posting Acaeum forum messages from my work computer, but I'm unable to post them from my home computer for some reason.

I log in, compose my message, and when I hit submit, I'm asked to log in again. So I login again (even though I'm already shown as being logged in), hit submit again, and once again I'm asked to log in. It's an endless loop, and the message won't ever post.

Anyone know what's going on or how I can fix this?

I just noticed I have popups allowed from acaeum.com, and I probably wouldn't do that unless it was necessary, so try that if you're using a popup blocker.  

Also try cleaning out your cookies (which will destroy a lot of presaved settings, but probably worth it now and then anyway).

I don't know what OS/browser you're running so I can't provide specific steps.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:47 pm 

Sounds like you don't have Cookies enabled for whatever browser you're using. Acaeum requires registration to post, so if the cookie doesn't get stored, then your browser is telling Acaeum that you're not logged in.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:40 pm 

Grayson's got the idea.  Cookies are used on the forum, but pop-ups are not (with the exception being, if you choose to get a pop-up on a new private message).  Emptying your temporary files (cookies & file cache(, then re-starting your browser, should work for you.

Foul