Origins
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:39 pm 

Anyone going to Origins? I'll be there Wednesday through Monday, airlines willing and the creek don't rise.

I'm already getting together with some Wilderlands/JG friends and Trolllord friends. Maybe an Acaeum Coffee Chat or something on day before the show starts? Anyone?

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:46 am 

Can't go, but the rest of my friends are going to be there, I will be back home in Michigan...drinking beer with my father-in-law, and avoiding the rest of my family.

But I wish I was going, I have a few words to say to Mike Pondsmith, and a few questions.

~jeff

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:13 am 

After our disastrous show at GenCon last year (apparently we had the worst booth on the floor, corroborated by Erik Mona/Paizo Publishing, since it was their booth last year), we won't be attending/exhibiting at any national shows this year, unless some unexpected windfall comes along.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:29 am 

I'll be there!  I'll be spending nearly all my time either playing miniature games or sitting at the Paint & Take booths.

This will be my first Origins.  Does anyone know if there are a lot of vendors there?  Do any of them carry 1st edition d&d stuff?  I know there are a couple at GenCon (which I never miss).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:44 pm 

grodog wrote:After our disastrous show at GenCon last year (apparently we had the worst booth on the floor, corroborated by Erik Mona/Paizo Publishing, since it was their booth last year), we won't be attending/exhibiting at any national shows this year, unless some unexpected windfall comes along.

Worst how?  Bad sales? Interest? Location? Actually decrepit booth?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:00 am 

mordrin wrote:
grodog wrote:After our disastrous show at GenCon last year (apparently we had the worst booth on the floor, corroborated by Erik Mona/Paizo Publishing, since it was their booth last year), we won't be attending/exhibiting at any national shows this year, unless some unexpected windfall comes along.

Worst how? Bad sales? Interest? Location? Actually decrepit booth?

Good sales on Thursday, moderate on Friday, the worst ever in my 7+ years of exhibiting at GenCon on Saturday and Sunday.  The location was terrible, which didn't help, of course.  Paizo confirmed this at the show, which was about the only good thing about the location:  at least it wasn't our fault....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/