Brick & Mortar Stores selling RPG collectibles
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:01 am 

bclarkie wrote:I can tell you have never been to PA before, because it is like a freakin Black Hole for RPGs. There is absolutely no market here what-so-ever. :( Even the 2 Half Price Books that are near me suck ass. :roll:  One has nothing and the other next to nothing. :x

Brian, if you make the trip out to State College, there were several hobby/game/used book stores there when I attended Penn State from '87-'91.  

The Philly/DE/NYC corridor has had a lot of good gaming stores, though back in the day, I bought most of my D&D books at either the local indie book store, or at an Allied Hobbies, or Complete Strategist.  Le sigh...

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:54 am 

grodog wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I can tell you have never been to PA before, because it is like a freakin Black Hole for RPGs. There is absolutely no market here what-so-ever. :( Even the 2 Half Price Books that are near me suck ass. :roll: One has nothing and the other next to nothing. :x

Brian, if you make the trip out to State College, there were several hobby/game/used book stores there when I attended Penn State from '87-'91.

The Philly/DE/NYC corridor has had a lot of good gaming stores, though back in the day, I bought most of my D&D books at either the local indie book store, or at an Allied Hobbies, or Complete Strategist. Le sigh...

Allan, you went to Penn State? Me too, for a year at least. :wink: My older sister actually graduated from PSU in 1992 also. State College is one my favorite places in the world. Stephen (aka afoolandhis$) actually lives in State College right now. I am going to try and make a journey up there this fall to go see a football game, because I have been up there for a few years now, but is about a 3 hour trip from here. Hmmm, small world....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:48 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Sadly Williamsport is about a 4 hour drive away from me. :cry:

BTW, Nice Sale:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Especially considering the BIN on it was originaly $65.00. :wink:

To be fair, the BIN was actually $90.00 ( I wouldn't want the buyer to feel too bad if they are reading this - $100 isn't too unreasonable in the hopes that it would stay low).

(Of course, if I posted how I won this on eBay . . . .  8)   but then again, I spend a LOT of time searching auctions . . . )

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Previous