Items that should be on acaeum someday
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:14 pm 

Hi, as most of you know, Scott is not as of yet putting up any items 1990 and up. There are quite a few rares in there that should be on the acaeum so other collectors can be more aware of it. Here are some. Feel free to add any more items:  ECI AD&D Play By Mail The Talaran Challenge (1984). I haven't seen scott put this module on the acaeum. If you need a scan, etc email me scott.  Planescape Sketchbook (1994)-I would like to see this on the site. Many collectors aren't aware of this item   AD&D Crypt of the Smoke Dragon (1999?) Gencon item. This item should be on there so others know what it is, etc  AD&D RPGA Gazetteer -2000? This obscure item should be on the acaeum so others know about it. Its very hard to find. People might get it confused with the version available in stores. However this one was available at gencon only.  AD&D RPGA LC5. All three versions (1, 1.1, and 2.0) should be put up so people know more about it.   Scott, if your reading perhaps put up a section on Gencon only items? The Smoke Dragon and the Gazetteer would fit right in there.  Anyone have others to share and discuss that should be on the acaeum?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:24 am 

AD&D RPGA Gazetteer -2000? This obscure item should be on the acaeum so others know about it. Its very hard to find.  People might get it confused with the version available in stores. However this one was available at gencon only.
 Are there any contents differences between the two versions Mike?  And, just to clarify, are you talking about the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (for the in-stores version)?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:13 am 

Hi Alan, just some clarifications in case I got you confused. I should have been more specific. No I'm not talking about the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. I'm referring to something called Gazetteer. Its still available in stores.  Here is a picture of the in stores version:  cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1789710235  Well, at Gencon 2000 (I think thats the date), they released a special version of the gazetteer only to those who renewed their rpga memberships. From what I understand, that was the only way one could get this item. (Thanks to Rhea who provided that info to me). A picture of the item can be found here:  http://www.community.webshots.com/user/rpgcollector  It can be found in the first album called Rpg Items. Very bottom, to the left of the Hex Pad 2nd print.  Hope that helps Alan, anymore questions feel free to email me :-)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:32 pm 

Thanks Mike, that clears it up.  I hadn't correlated the D&D Gaz. with your item description, fixating as I was on the LGG ;->

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:11 am 

Hi Alan no problem :-)  Any items you wish to tell us that should be posted on the acaeum someday so others know of it?  You have an extensive knowledge of D&D and I know you have some items that many of us don't know about. Pls share with US! :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:38 pm 

Ummm, I doubt that I have many items that the hardcore among us don't already know about....  Now Jason Zavoda or Doug Behringer, I'm sure they have stuff we don't know about!  Jason has stuff owned by Allen Hammack and other TSR stars of yore.  Doug has a TSR super glue box set; a   C1/C2 blister packs (blue/green covers, respectively); the map to Stoink (the unpublished Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms city); etc.  I think they're the guys we want to get onto the boards.... :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:45 pm 

grodog wrote:Now Jason Zavoda or Doug Behringer, I'm sure they have stuff we don't know about!  Jason has stuff owned by Allen Hammack and other TSR stars of yore.  Doug has a TSR super glue box set; a   C1/C2 blister packs (blue/green covers, respectively); the map to Stoink (the unpublished Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms city); etc.  I think they're the guys we want to get onto the boards.... :D
 Oh yes yes yes...LOL... the unusual items I think will turn up a few gems, I also wonder how many really good stuff like origional manuscripts etc will turn up...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:55 pm 

The only thing Alan is this: Are these guys willing to tell us about the rare and unusual items they own? Perhaps not. For some collectors, collecting is a egotistical thing which I think is sad. Some who know who they are like to hoard their knowledge and never tell anyone. Whats the point of doing that? Gonna take this stuff to your graveyard or what?  Collecting should be a fun and enjoyable thing. D&D collectors are few and far between so we should all help and share knowledge.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:37 pm 

grodog wrote: Doug has a TSR super glue box set; a   C1/C2 blister packs (blue/green covers, respectively); the map to Stoink (the unpublished Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms city); etc.  I think they're the guys we want to get onto the boards.... :D

Hello, the Stoink map that Doug has is a copy of one I discovered about four years ago and later verified the authenticity thereof with Mr. Gygax.  

Originally, I was trying to work with Mr. Gygax, Mr. Kuntz, Doug, and Eric to locate other materials that might be related to the map but they never surfaced.  If Scott is interested (and Mr. Gygax approves) maybe we can post it on Acaeum?  

Edmud

Ed Courtroul

Osaka, Japan

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:14 pm 

Hi Ed, long time no chat :D

You and I have corresponded with Doug, Erik, and Rob about the Stoink materials as well.  I'd be happy to pick up that project with you again if you're still interested?

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:59 pm 

grodog wrote:Hi Ed, long time no chat :D

You and I have corresponded with Doug, Erik, and Rob about the Stoink materials as well.  I'd be happy to pick up that project with you again if you're still interested?

Yes, I remember.  Sorry I lost contact with you in such a rude way but that was just about the time my battle with the vampire broke out  :x As a result I lost my paper records, computer files and computer. . .  The good news is that I kept my pension portfolio and game collection out of her claws.  But if you think game collecting is expensive you should try (or not try) ex-wife collecting!

Originally, I was considering working up a great version of Stoink based on the map with people I met over the internet but that didn't pan out.  Doug later approached me about rendering the map in a software program.  I assume he received a copy from Mr. Gygax, Mr. Kuntz or someone else that I gave a copy to and has already done a map.  I feel kind of bad I wasn't more forthcoming with Doug at that time since he seemed like such a nice guy.

I think both Doug and Erik diligently searched for Stoink stuff through the TSR leads and came to the conclusion that they know who has the goodies (if they in fact exist) but that person ain't steppin forward for various reasons.

I still have one or two interesting things that I would like to start researching if anyone is interested.  One dealing with the Domesday book and the other dealing with a letter I have from GG to Andre Norton (Quag Keep).  I think McDuff would be interested in this last item.

Edmud

Ed Courtroul

Osaka, Japan

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:27 am 

I'd be happy to post up any of this info and/or scans.  Lemme know.

What was the research you wanted to conduct on the Quag Keep letter? (I assume the one I sold you a few years ago?)  I asked Gary about it, and he said that yes, he remembers the letter.  He didn't have a clue about the map.  I believe I've also run the map past Rob Kuntz, and he wanted to know where I got it -- it was apparently part of some materials stolen from his home many years ago.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:32 am 

FoulFoot wrote: He didn't have a clue about the map.  I believe I've also run the map past Rob Kuntz, and he wanted to know where I got it -- it was apparently part of some materials stolen from his home many years ago.

Yes, I spoke to both of them at GEN CON 2000 and showed them the map and I recieved the same response from Mr. Kuntz.  Let me go back and find my notes so I can give you any additional information that I found out back then.

Ed Courtroul

Osaka, Japan

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:58 am 

edmud wrote:

I still have one or two interesting things that I would like to start researching if anyone is interested.  One dealing with the Domesday book and the other dealing with a letter I have from GG to Andre Norton (Quag Keep).  I think McDuff would be interested in this last item.

I am always kicking myself for being a nice guy, that letter and other papers were offered to me in a private sale before they went up on ebay.  He wanted me to set the price, and I did not want to low-ball him.  Oh well, you win some and you lose some :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:40 am 

edmud wrote:
FoulFoot wrote: He didn't have a clue about the map.  I believe I've also run the map past Rob Kuntz, and he wanted to know where I got it -- it was apparently part of some materials stolen from his home many years ago.

Yes, I spoke to both of them at GEN CON 2000 and showed them the map and I recieved the same response from Mr. Kuntz.  Let me go back and find my notes so I can give you any additional information that I found out back then.

Ed, I'll dig up my emails with you and Doug, as well as my detailed notes on the Stoink stuff from conversations with Erik and Rob.  I can post here, or send them to you personally.  Just let me know.

Greyhawk, grodog Style