Site Update!
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:38 pm 

I have a D1 in my hands right now that is a 2nd print without the illustrations matching the acaeum description exactly.

Seems like the kind of thing that may have been an accident?  TSR surely didn't mean to leave out these illustrations - when you look at the booklet there are odd little "all-white" areas where the pics should be.

Maybe they realized it part way through and fixed it?  Two versions of the second print may be out there?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:05 pm 

Am I missing something or is the Hollow World boxset and modules not in the index?

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:06 pm 

Plaag wrote:Am I missing something or is the Hollow World boxset and modules not in the index?

ShaneG.

Hollow World is 2nd edition. The site only covers priamarily 1st edition with a few very limited exceptions.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Plaag wrote:Am I missing something or is the Hollow World boxset and modules not in the index?

ShaneG.

Hollow Wrold is 2nd edition. The site only covers priamarily 1st edition with a few very limited exceptions.

Huh? Its for old D&D  :?
I mean I can understand the Mystara setting/Red Steel/AD&D stuff that came later, but Hollow World used the Basic-Immortals box sets. Or am I missing something and should check those items?

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:18 pm 

Plaag wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Hollow Wrold is 2nd edition. The site only covers priamarily 1st edition with a few very limited exceptions.

Huh? Its for old D&D :?
I mean I can understand the Mystara setting/Red Steel/AD&D stuff that came later, but Hollow World used the Basic-Immortals box sets. Or am I missing something and should check those items?

ShaneG.

I'm not positive, but I believe HW came out in the early 90s.  The general cutoff date for the Acaeum is 1990 (with very few exceptions).

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:23 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Plaag wrote:

ShaneG.

I'm not positive, but I believe HW came out in the early 90s. The general cutoff date for the Acaeum is 1990 (with very few exceptions).

Ah! Yeah was 1990 on..alrighty

Thanks,
ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:27 pm 

Plaag wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

ShaneG.

Hollow World rolled out I think in 1990 or 1991 after the advent of 2nd edition.  With the exception of a few Greyhawk/Forgotten Realms items after 1990 the site doesn't cover them.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:25 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:I have a D1 in my hands right now that is a 2nd print without the illustrations matching the acaeum description exactly.

Seems like the kind of thing that may have been an accident? TSR surely didn't mean to leave out these illustrations - when you look at the booklet there are odd little "all-white" areas where the pics should be.

Maybe they realized it part way through and fixed it? Two versions of the second print may be out there?

Wow, very interesting, all mine have pictures and nobody elses does!!!  It sounds like there are "two" versions of number "two" out there.  Either that, or like I said, someone replaced all the inner modules in the three copies I have, I guess that's not totally impossible, just weird.  Anyone else have 2nd prints with pictures?

Maybe instead of a true 2nd print, it was simply a misprint of certain 2nd prints.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:24 pm 

Badmike wrote:
My site view hasn't updated on the prices...what am I doing wrong? It doesn't show any of the new pricing updates. The other updates noted are visible, just not anything from the Index.

Has anyone noticed these variances with the D1 description? If so the D1 section needs to be updated:

Second (Dec 1978): Monochrome. Wizard logo is offset from a starburst stating "Official D&D Tournament Module used at GenCon XI". No ISBN. Bottom of front cover states "2nd Printing, December 1978". Some illustration that were present in the First print are now missing: the giant slug on pg 3, the pack lizard and drow on pg 5, the mind flayer on pg 7, the bugbears on pg 10, and the jermlaine on pg 12! (Thanks to Michael Deaton for this info).

This isn't so...the illustrations are present in the 2nd printings...on all 3 of mine they are....Also, 2nd printing copies have prices of items on the back cover...I suppose someone could have swapped out the booklets at one time, but on ALL three of my copies? That seems odd.

Fourth (1980): Monochrome. Wizard logo with starburst. ISBN is on back cover bottom right. No printing notice. (Two copies have been reported with the ISBN on the back cover bottom left instead; unknown which version came first). (Thanks to Michael Deaton, John Kozol, and Adrian Newman for this info).

Both my 4th print copies have the ISBN on the back cover bottom left, so it can't be that rare.....

Mike B.

Dug out my D1s

I have a second printing which is missing the five illustrations mentioned above, and do have the prices of items on the back cover.

I think you should double check the cover of the booklet inside then - if at TSR they would have found out that the printing job had this kind of problem, I am quite sure they'd have trashed the cheaper inside booklets (monocolor) and kept the outer cardboard covers (two color). We know that they have done this before - using leftover materials to fill the gaps.

About the fourth printing ISBN, mine is exactly as Mike's, bottom left too.

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  
Previous