Red Dragon t-shirt
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Active Collector

Posts: 57
Joined: Apr 28, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 06, 2012
Location: Upstate NY

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:17 am 
 

Seeing the JG t-shirt in the other forum got me to thinking. When I was at The Dungeon in Lake Geneva back in early 1977, I purchased a really cool TSR t-shirt with a beautiful red dragon on it. Of course I wore it out instead of preserving it. I've looked occasionally for one on eBay without luck. Does anyone have one and how rare are they? If anyone does, how about posting a picture? They were absolutely stunning.
                                                           Tom


Started playing D&D at Great Lakes in '76-'77. Went to Dungeon in Lake Geneva. Got to adventure in original Blackmoor. Saved some rare pieces from then, not in best shape: Palace of Vampire Queen, Beastmaker Mountain. Started collecting recently.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:28 am 
 

well they are obviously incredibly rare as you havent found one yet!!  :wink:

Al



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:28 am 
 

Never seen or even heard of that one, Tom! Sounds excellent. :)

All the early TSR t-shirts must be rare, if eBay is anything to go by... don't know what stock Burnie Bros. might have of these (if any).

Certainly can't remember any older than the two I think I posted on the board (1980/1982, IIRC).

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:29 am 
 

*eeps and runs away from Al's avvie*


Bad shaving accident...?

:D

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:32 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:*eeps and runs away from Al's avvie*


Bad shaving accident...?

:D


go see Sin City mate & you will know who it is :)



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:33 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:*eeps and runs away from Al's avvie*


Bad shaving accident...?

:D


*<agrees with David>*

Kinda creepy :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1224
Joined: Mar 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Close to GenCon

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:56 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Never seen or even heard of that one, Tom! Sounds excellent. :)

All the early TSR t-shirts must be rare, if eBay is anything to go by... don't know what stock Burnie Bros. might have of these (if any).

Certainly can't remember any older than the two I think I posted on the board (1980/1982, IIRC).


We do have several TSR/GenCon/WOTC shirts ranging from T-shirts to Polo shirts(we even have a jacket). Everything we have isn't very old, probably from 1985 to 2000. We will get around to posting these on Ebay in the near future. Some do have some provenance as they came from Monte Cook or Kim Mohan.

BTW: Alot of reproduction "Retro/Vintage" shirts that are actually new seem to be popping up on Ebay. I wonder what one of the original shirts you could buy from the TSR Gateways to Adventure catalog would fetch?

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:25 am 
 

burntwire wrote:We do have several TSR/GenCon/WOTC shirts ranging from T-shirts to Polo shirts(we even have a jacket). Everything we have isn't very old, probably from 1985 to 2000. We will get around to posting these on Ebay in the near future. Some do have some provenance as they came from Monte Cook or Kim Mohan.

thx. :)
Would've thought anything older/"different" that was wearable should do pretty well!
And 1985 is getting on for "two-thirds back" nowadays. *blinks in disbelief*

burntwire wrote:BTW: Alot of reproduction "Retro/Vintage" shirts that are actually new seem to be popping up on Ebay. I wonder what one of the original shirts you could buy from the TSR Gateways to Adventure catalog would fetch?

Yeah, I'd spotted a large number of those "retro" types around.
Which is why anything older stood out so clearly!

Hrmm... well, having trawled the monster thread, the one I posted there was a 1990 "Fruit of the Loom" model. Oops... (Was still pretty cool, IIRC).
Can't find any other post, but was fairly sure there was one other t-shirt. Bad habit of not posting every "interesting item" I spot! ;)

Certainly nothing remotely close to 1977, though!

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 20, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:46 am 
 

I check for old gencon T-shirts from time to time, but have never bough one. I still have a few from 80s in my closet... way in back...my wife keeps asking me when I'm gonna get rid of them. Just can't do it. And they are holding up just fine. Of course, I never wear them because she would probably have a stroke.

But the cream of the crop is a 1984 Fez V championship T-Shirt I won as part of the prize package for winning that tournament.


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1