D&D trivia!
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:36 am 

KingOfPain wrote:OK, here's a fairly easy one. Only because I know the answers off the top of my head from reading it so many times.

1) Who is the ruler of the Kingdom of Caer Sidi? What is his consort's name?
2) What is the name of the fortress at the gate of Maldev?
3) What is the name of the vampire who lords over the Nightworld?
4) What type of demon does the demonstaff summon? What type of demon can the wielder of the demonstaff turn themselves into?

The first person to get all four questions correct will receive a copy of "Lament for Lost Tharizdun" or a bloody copy of "Dungeons and Dragons: 30 Years of Adventure". Reading either one will make you go completely insane. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OK, so are these questions too easy and no one person wants to answer or has it been that long since someone has read through the alternate worlds portion of Q1?  Should I make it multiple choice?  :wink:

1) a. King Belgos  b. Duke Alfric  c. Count Brass  d.  Baron Harkonnen.
2) a. Dwarfhold  b. Storm Keep  c. Thornwall  d. Kandelspire
3) a. Stalman Klim  b. Nedylene  c. Vlad Tolenkov  d. Strahd von Zarovich

I guess #4 is kind of difficult so I'll give you the answer.  The demonstaff (found in the Halls of the Fire Giant King) will turn the wearer into a Type III demon and can summon a Type I demon.  And I myself cant remember the name of the consort of the ruler of Caer Sidi right now.  I think it is Meriven or Meriden.  :oops:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:11 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Yes you were correct . . . (incidentally, it has been made a Necromatic spell in 3rd edition).

Cool, I didn't want to cheat by checking (though I suppose since I answered, I could have just looked myself...).

Don't suppose you know the "unique" type of Cleric spell from the Players Handbook. (HINT: It's a very popular low-level spell)

Hmmm.  Not offhand.  Let me ponder that a little longer.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:14 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:Nah, your not missing anything, just kind of an ongoing inside joke with me. And it was mentioned in WG4. Now if there were such a thing published, I'd be one of the first to grab one up since I think Tharizdun is such a cool baddie. Kind of like D&D's version of the Necronomicon. :twisted:

Ah, cool.  I worked up the metrics, rhyme scheme, number of lines per stanza, and other related details required to create a "Lament for Tharizdun" but I never got around to it.  There was some discussion of this over on Dragonsfoot, too....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:24 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
grodog wrote:
EX2, Land Beyond the Magic Mirror???

Not the one I was thinking of. Which means reading EX2 again. Thanks Allan! :? :lol:

I was thinking of ST1.  Which is pretty unfair as there are many that haven't had chance to read it.  Anyway...

Location 22 - Abandoned Market
This large, abandoned building is a sad, lonely place.  Set up inside its main hall are dozens of market stalls in neat rows.  The stalls are all empty, save one which bears a pile of thin books in dusty red covers, entitled "ST1 - Up the Garden Path".  The PC's would, no doubt, find the contents of these books very interesting.  Unfortunately, they are written in a language which is completely incomprehensible to the PCs, and which resist all attempts (magical or otherwise) to translate it.

Prophetic in that I hope to find that market stall one day. :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:36 pm 

Okay,
That is an old topic...
Maybe it is too easy for you, but I find that very funny.

"Sir Iggenz is an officer retired from the Colonial Army. After many years of adventuring and fighting for the glory of the Empire, he sought employment as butler for a wealthy trader. His master seems to have forgotten the estate, but the butler keeps on performing his functions in the most efficient of manners".
"Many shady individuals view the auction of artwork [organized by Iggenz] as  a potential source of plunder, forcing Iggenz to use the full time services of two large, black dogs and an investigator -a tall, uneducated Norseman, often seen riding a chariot."
"This investigator is a sort of heroic figure among the natives for his prowess. He can often be found with Dizzy and Krik."

And now, the challenge...
1. What is the investigator's name ?
2. What color is his chariot ?
3. What is Dizzy's job ?
4. What is Krik's job ?
And,
5. What is the title of the TSR book I am referring to ?

OK, enjoy  :wink:
-The 2nd question is quite easy  :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:28 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
OK, so are these questions too easy and no one person wants to answer or has it been that long since someone has read through the alternate worlds portion of Q1?  Should I make it multiple choice?  :wink:

1) a. King Belgos  b. Duke Alfric  c. Count Brass  d.  Baron Harkonnen.
2) a. Dwarfhold  b. Storm Keep  c. Thornwall  d. Kandelspire
3) a. Stalman Klim  b. Nedylene  c. Vlad Tolenkov  d. Strahd von Zarovich

I guess #4 is kind of difficult so I'll give you the answer.  The demonstaff (found in the Halls of the Fire Giant King) will turn the wearer into a Type III demon and can summon a Type I demon.  And I myself cant remember the name of the consort of the ruler of Caer Sidi right now.  I think it is Meriven or Meriden.  :oops:

No. 1: I think this is "b" Duke Alfric. Could be "a" but I don't think so. "d" is right out (and didn't he die at the end of "Dune" anyway?)

No. 2: Not sure. Don't think its "a". "b" doesn't sound right. I would guess "d" but not sure its right.

No. 3: I think the answer is "c" but not sure.

Previous