Farthest North Acaeum post
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:58 pm 

Hi everyone,

Slightly odd question, perhaps, but does anybody have any idea what is the highest latitude from which anyone has ever posted to the Acaeum?

Not to be confused with the "highest" post, of course, which was probably made by maxwell... :P

Many thanks,
Stephen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:25 pm 

well ian and david both live in scotland, which is about 130 miles north of me, so they are about the best from here that i know offhand....am sure i recollect someone on here from finland? thats about as north as i know from Europe...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:12 pm 

I'm on the 45th parallel.   :P

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:57 pm 

How about Calgary, Canada

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:08 pm 

The Wraith wrote:I'm on the 45th parallel. :P

Closer to 58 than 57 here: would be around about the middle of Hudson's Bay.
(~280+ miles (due) North of Al, unless Scotland has shrunk even more in the rain... :P Sunset 9.45pm, sunrise 4.30am)

Oslo, Helsinki or Anchorage are a few degrees further North... *looks for any sign of list members*

No sign of any Frost Giants, though.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:09 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:How about Calgary, Canada

*checks*. almost spot-on the 51 line...

(Still trying to figure out whether Stephen's just trying to divert us from other stuff we should be looking at.
...Hoping we'll all run off to the North Pole to claim the "honors", or something like that! ;))

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:11 pm 

harami2000 wrote: (Still trying to figure out whether Stephen's just trying to divert us from other stuff we should be looking at... ;))

My evil plot revealed!   :twisted:  :twisted:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:14 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
harami2000 wrote: (Still trying to figure out whether Stephen's just trying to divert us from other stuff we should be looking at... ;))

My evil plot revealed!  :twisted: :twisted:

*lol*. Would have been about the right time, too... :D

Hey, ho! Even leaving a sniper 'bot in place whilst I was "away" had no effect, anyhow. :P

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:20 pm 

harami2000 wrote: *lol*. Would have been about the right time, too... :D

Hey, ho! Even leaving a sniper 'bot in place whilst I was "away" had no effect, anyhow. :P

My sincerest apologies, but it was YOUR research that got me interested...  :D  :D  :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:27 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:My sincerest apologies, but it was YOUR research that got me interested... :D :D :D

Erm, my somewhat truncated research, since I didn't manage to pick up an extra copy of each to compare printing points to determine whether they're constant or not. ;)
Trust you've a few spare sets kicking around to compare against, too. *jk*. (Or, better, can grab a hold of someone who has...).

btw. check out the stock lists to see what I mean about being an easy ID/cross-check point. :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:47 pm 

I am at latitude 61(southcentral alaska) so it might be me! If someone is higher I might have to drive up to the north slope and post there that would put me way up there!!!! Love Alaska I have world class King and Silver salmon fishing as welll as world class trout practically right in my back yard!

Posted: seeking arcane knowledge, will pay well for old writings,books,scrolls,alchemist cookbooks, and other odds n' ends that will aid me in furthering my pursuits!

-Thenraine the silver magus

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:56 am 

Trout fishing makes the world go 'round. I'm taking my two oldest, 7 and 9, on a weekend trip in June to hit the trout streams up north (I live in the south part of Michigan and all of our good trout fishing is at least three hours north of here). Probably the number one reason I can't move south...bass fishing just is not the same.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:29 am 

bbarsh wrote:Trout fishing makes the world go 'round. I'm taking my two oldest, 7 and 9, on a weekend trip in June to hit the trout streams up north (I live in the south part of Michigan and all of our good trout fishing is at least three hours north of here). Probably the number one reason I can't move south...bass fishing just is not the same.

I agree completely.  But I have to drive 14 hours to Colorado just to get in some really good trout fishing.  Fishing in Texas just isnt the same.  Nothing like strapping on a set of waders, grabbing your fly rod, and trudging into the cold, rushing waters of the Rio Grande at 6 a.m.  Rainbow trout....breakfast of champions.  :mrgreen:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:49 am 

Are you going to put us out of our misery and tell us why the interest?

In fact, whilst we're at it:
Who lives furthest south?
Who's the oldest?
Who's the youngest?
Who's the tallest?
Who's the shortest?
Who's gives?  :wink:

Or - who has actually assaulted someone or been assaulted by someone as a result of ebay? Now *that's* a good question!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:10 am 

b_stedman wrote:Are you going to put us out of our misery and tell us why the interest?

Assumes Dr. Evil pose, complete with raised hairless eyebrow, and snears "RrriiiiighT..."

Nah, not much to it, really.  I'm about to head north, far north, and was thinking of trying to post if I can find a connection up there. Maybe even leave a d20 in the REAL glacial rift of the Frost Giant Jarl.  Hey, that would be a cool pic to post!  I'm gonna try to do that!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:15 am 

KingOfPain wrote:
bbarsh wrote:Trout fishing makes the world go 'round. I'm taking my two oldest, 7 and 9, on a weekend trip in June to hit the trout streams up north (I live in the south part of Michigan and all of our good trout fishing is at least three hours north of here). Probably the number one reason I can't move south...bass fishing just is not the same.

I agree completely. But I have to drive 14 hours to Colorado just to get in some really good trout fishing. Fishing in Texas just isnt the same. Nothing like strapping on a set of waders, grabbing your fly rod, and trudging into the cold, rushing waters of the Rio Grande at 6 a.m. Rainbow trout....breakfast of champions. :mrgreen:

We have world class fishing (bow river) right out my back door.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:28 am 

b_stedman wrote:Are you going to put us out of our misery and tell us why the interest?

In fact, whilst we're at it:
Who lives furthest south?
Who's the oldest?
Who's the youngest?
Who's the tallest?
Who's the shortest?
Who's gives? :wink:

Or - who has actually assaulted someone or been assaulted by someone as a result of ebay? Now *that's* a good question!

Does 6 feet 4 inches qualify me for the tallest award?  
I don't qualify for any of the other measures.  
How about biggest shoe size?  
Longest middle finger?  
Longest middle name?

or back on track somewhat...

Been to the most GenCons?
Owns the most dice?
Owns the most miniatures?  Gotta be stormber, I think.
Has gamed with Gygax or other dignitaries?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:40 am 

Your picture icon doesn't do justice to your height - you don't look a bit over 3 inches !!

Good last question btw - "has anyone gamed with Gygax"

BJS

PS - Stephen - The Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl is in Norway, not Alaska/Canada, so you'd have to move east a bit as well.

Next