Any good used bookstores/gaming stores in Phoenix, Arizona?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:22 pm 

Greetings, everyone!

I will be going to Phoenix, Arizona, for a few days in the beginning of June, and was wondering if anyone out there knows of/can recommend any good used bookstores and/or gaming stores (particularly for used/vintage gaming) in Phoenix or its immediate vicinity?  :D

Any and all replies appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
John aka Wandering Monster

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:56 pm 

Well, I used to live in Tucson Arizona for about 9 years and Bookman's were the best used books stores I have ever come across  (anywhere!) . There are two locations in Tucson (which is about 1 1/2 hours South of Phoenix and one location in Flagstaff (about 3 hours North of Phoenix).

None in Phoenix, I'm afraid.  :cry:  I must confess, I never gave D&D a thought when I was living out there and was only into collecting books. . . I often find myself daydreaming about Bookman's and how I wish I could check them out one more time to see if they have any gaming items that are worthwhile.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:57 pm 

I second that, Bookmans is awesome.  Stopped there the last couple times I drove across country, but alas some local must have them staked them out, the only thing I found of intrest was a Legends of the Lance newsletter.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:35 pm 

Hey guys,

Thanks for the postings -- I've heard good things about the Bookmans used bookstore chain (a chain!!), but don't think I'll be going outside of Phoenix -- I don't fancy the idea of my car breaking down in the desert between Phoenix and Tucson, and my understanding is that out there, there's literally nothing but desert between towns out there!  Rather a daunting prospect for a New Englander like myself...  :?

Cheers,
John aka Wandering Monster