City of Brass
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:24 pm 

Can someone clarify exactly what is out/coming out for City of Brass?  Having seen the various paperwork/manuscripts that Stormber has up for auction, I'm a bit confused as to what has been published/or is going to be published.

I have a copy of City of Brass for Hackmaster so I know that one is out but it seems that Necromancer Games is putting out a D20 City of Brass sometime?  Are these two City of Brass products based on the same source?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:09 pm 

The NG City of Brass is not authored by Rob, but by various NG freelancers and staffers.  It looks good, from what I've read about it, but it's not related to Rob's works at all (and both are based on the original Arabian Nights stories, of course).

The Kenzer CoB manuscript that Rob wrote is his entire written work on that subject vs. the 50% of the work that Kenzer published (they brought in a freelancer to finish the other half of that project while Rob was offline recuperating from his shattered leg).  

The RPGA "(To the) City of Brass" adventure was run as the AD&D Team Open @ DragonCon #1 in 1987.  

Does that help?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/