Orange B3 Contest
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:01 pm 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Just to spice things up a bit.


*already spotted and attack launched*


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:10 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Here, let me demonstrate! :P

(With any luck, no-one will follow... *jk* ;))

*shrugs shoulders*. Too slow...

(I would have been quicker, but the board was/is playing up whilst trying to post...).

Alan; I know I've seen a high-res scan of the mod Frank has up for sale already. Have you?
Would think this is some sort of "game"! :o

(ditto for that R1... Hrmm...)

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:13 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:...but the board was/is playing up whilst trying to post...)

I second that.  Anything at your end Scott?

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:13 pm 
 

(looks like a.n. other's turned up. *waves* :))

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:38 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:(looks like a.n. other's turned up. *waves* :))

Thought that was a reference to me :D .  And I don't like to disappoint :wink:

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:52 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(looks like a.n. other's turned up. *waves* :))

Thought that was a reference to me :D . And I don't like to disappoint :wink:

Well, there were a few other possible "candidates" from the <toymom> auction, John;
eBay.com Item Bid History
(but you were my prime suspect for the role ;))

=
What was your reason for that $603 bid then, out of interest?
Auction had been going 50 minutes out of seven days and all you've got are two 400 * 300 scans and a text description.

Ditto, Alan, your $555.55 bid (not even a good "snipe" amount that, since it's too obvious!).

Just curious... :)

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:14 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5200644511
(the new bid suits you better, Stephen! :P ;))

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:24 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5200644511
(the new bid suits you better, Stephen! :P ;))


I think I know the scan you're referring to... :wink:

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:10 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:What was your reason for that $603 bid then, out of interest?
Auction had been going 50 minutes out of seven days and all you've got are two 400 * 300 scans and a text description.

Reputable seller, accurate sounding description, and the scans looked good enough to place a marker.  I may choose to follow up that opener.  And then again I might not.  It remains to be seen. :wink:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:23 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:What was your reason for that $603 bid then, out of interest?
Auction had been going 50 minutes out of seven days and all you've got are two 400 * 300 scans and a text description.

Reputable seller, accurate sounding description, and the scans looked good enough to place a marker. I may choose to follow up that opener. And then again I might not. It remains to be seen. :wink:


reason for bid...umm... i want one? :D


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:40 pm 
 

*chuckles*. OK, fair enough! :P

Must admit that high bidding at the start of an auction is a new technique for obtaining a win at lowest possible cost, but maybe you're all kinda flush for cash just now. 8)

=
*looks at Stephen's bid increment...*. hrmm... spoiled my "fun" there.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:08 pm 
 

798$ and still more than six days to go?

Whoooooppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

 YIM  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:14 pm 
 

rosenkav wrote:798$ and still more than six days to go?

Whoooooppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(means nothing, sorry! :D)

Waiting for some poor clueless sod to come along and think "that looks like a nice investment" just because of the headline price, so soon.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:36 pm 
 

Get off the stick, girls, and dig your high heels in!  Come on, somebody's got to knock me off there!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5685
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 26, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:00 pm 
 

Whoa guys, before you get too juiced up, I had to revise the description. I just noticed that 3 of the corners are actually barely poking thru the shrink. I revised the description, and if anyone has bid on it, please feel free to retract your bid if you prefer. I apologize for missing this detail, I had thought it was just the usual slightly tight cornering of shrinked mods. Still a great copy!


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:46 pm 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:Whoa guys, before you get too juiced up, I had to revise the description. I just noticed that 3 of the corners are actually barely poking thru the shrink. I revised the description, and if anyone has bid on it, please feel free to retract your bid if you prefer. I apologize for missing this detail, I had thought it was just the usual slightly tight cornering of shrinked mods. Still a great copy!


Makes no diff to me.  How sweet it is... 8)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5685
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 26, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:10 pm 
 

I know I might be being anal, but those of you who have bought/traded with me before know I am a stickler for detail.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 276
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 28, 2011

Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:25 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5200644511
(the new bid suits you better, Stephen! :P ;))


I'm amazed to read:

        US $798.00  
      
Time left:         5 days 14 hours


With five days left?!


Regards,



Stephen

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5