Post your latest acqusitions/buys here
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:44 pm 

Hi all, please share your latest acquisitions/buys here. I'm sure many are interested in what people have acquired lately. I'll start off:  Mike's Latest acquisitions: Adversary Games        Acquitaine Alchemist's Abode  Adversary Games        Acquitaine Asphodel Inn  Adversary Games        Acquitaine Sword & Shield  Adversary Games        Acquitaine The Red Book of Nal  Douglas Herring The Book of Swords John Scott Clegg Notnaidagg Robber Headquarters AD&D Play by Mail The Talaran Challenge  AD&D Planescape Sketchbook Wee Warriors Palace of the Vampire Queen Judges Guild Tegel Manor 1st print Judges Guild City State of the Invincible Overlord -1st print  Please share with us what you have bought recently.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:26 pm 

Well, at the moment in the mailing:  Kara-Tur boxed set. Box VG, contets NM City System. Box VG, contents EX Wilderness survival guide EX (2nd copy, but just couldn't resis for $3  :wink: )  But well, you know how slow postage from the US to Europe can take... The Kara-Tur set should arraive next week, the others have 2 to 3 weeks to go...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:54 am 

6th Printing Dragon Cover Basic Set (w/ original dice - VG) 7th Printing Dragon Cover Basic Set (unpunched chits/dice coupon - NM) 2nd Printing Expert Set (original dice/crayon still in bag - VG+) 4th Printing Players Handbook (NM - real treasure found at used book store) Return to the Keep on the Borderlands AD&D Tomes - Rod of Seven Parts (NM) AD&D Tomes - Axe of the Dwarvish Lords (NM) Against the Giants/Liberation of Geoff (VG)  Paul

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts aquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning.  It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:47 pm 

Just acquired some more items. A few others should be arriving soon. Items are:  French Planescape box set French Elminsters Ecologies Archaereon C1 Warrior  Archareron F1 Mage  A bunch of Grimtooth traps books  Flying Buffalo Starlord The Solo Dungeon

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:02 am 

Reizla wrote:Kara-Tur boxed set. Box VG, contets NM But well, you know how slow postage from the US to Europe can take... The Kara-Tur set should arraive next week, the others have 2 to 3 weeks to go...
 The Kara-Tur box finally arrived. Thebox is in VG/EX condition, having minor damage on the corners (shelf-wear?) and one corner is major damaged (on an 8 mm part the printing is letting loose of the box). The contents on the other hand has never been used and NM/M. Even the original 2 pages with add are stil in the box  :) !  I think this is my best deal ever. The box only costed me $42,00 including shipping to The Netherlands...  Alex

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:02 pm 

Howdy all, first post here...  Just completed a transaction for the Jade Hare.  Mint and in shrink for only $660.  I wasn't really expecting to win the auction at this price point.  I was very surprised when I logged into EBay and saw the results.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:56 pm 

Hi Sill Kill Alot. So your the bidder lriotto? Good win on the Jade. Didn't sell as much as the previous one a few years ago.   Pls introduce yourself to the rest of the community in the Introduce yourself Fellow Collectors page.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:20 am 

Mkman,  Thanks, I know.  I was shocked that I won.   I wish I could get an ST1 or Lost Tamoachan for that price.  The guy I won it from has two copies (the second one he just put up for auction, and it is in the same condition).  With the economy and the holidays coming up, I think someone could fetch that item for less than what I just paid for it.  I think Chromatic Knight was in the bidding for this item.  Good luck to him.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:21 am 

Hi Len,  Yes I threw in a bid on the last one  :) He offered me the second one in a private sale for my last bid but like you said with the holidays and all I will have to wait  :(  unless everyone else leaves that one alone that is LOL

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:24 pm 

I think you should have taken the private offer perhaps Michael. This second time around since people know its the last one the seller had, people may bid higher as they might have the mentality of "this is the last one for now, when might another one come along". It might be a few years until another Jade Hare in sw shows up. Rares tend to show up on the market and then dissappear for a while. You'll have tough competition I bet!  I hope zanarchist gets the item as he deserves the item more than anyone.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 6:58 pm 

I think that my most biggest and treasured purchase in 2002 is a large collection of old gaming magazines: the entire series of Different Worlds, The Adventurer (British short lived gaming magazine), The Gamer, Game News, Adventure Gaming, Pergioco (Italian), War (Italian), various old Dragon magazines (below issue 40), some issues of Nexus and so on. This large lot comes from the personal collection of Giovanni Ingellis, founder of one of the very first Italian companies for the import of games and gaming products from the US and the UK (I think he started his business in 1980 or 1981!). He died of leucemy in 1998 and his company recently went out of business.   When I was informed that another major Italian importer had acquired a 'huge lot' from an unnamed collector, I jumped at the chance and I went to their offices, searching various hours in tens of boxes crammed with stuff. The purchaser's staff had not yet inventored the contents, so I started setting aside the magazines plus other interesting items such as the old Games Workshop's CoC modules. It was hard work, but an incredible experience: I felt like an archeologist searching in some Pharaoh's tomb! And like an archeologist looking for the truth, I discovered who was this nameless collector.   The greatest irony in this is the fact that Giovanni Ingellis really hated me  :evil:  and he had promised to send me out of business  :twisted:  (I'm still managing my games store, if anyone was interested in knowing it :D ) and the purchaser of his collection was his main competitor, of course a subject of his displeasure too  :(  . Well, anyway I think that he would be someway pleased for the fact that his magazines will be in my hands - they will be safe and not dispersed  :wink: .  There are many other magazines still waiting for a buyer: the entire print run of Wyrm's Footnotes, for example. But I have already spent too much  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:02 am 

Hi all some more acquisitions:  Tome of Treasures -coming soon Some Italian D20 modules <--got them for you blackdougal! Archaereon C1 Warrior  Archaereon F1 Mage  Icarus Games The Quest  International Dungeon Designs Escape from the Minotaurs Lair   Can't wait to receive them and add them to my every growing non tsr collection.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:37 pm 

Just got a Uk D&D Sticker book on Ebay for $3.00  Cheers, Malcolm

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:55 pm 

Hi all got two more items:  Greek ? (unsure what country) rpg magazine with Greyhawk stuff in it Greek ? (unsure what country) Greyhawk item, novel, or mag (can't tell)  I'll be sending Adrian Newman the foreign expert  pictures so he can determine what they are, etc :-)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:58 pm 

Found some gems yesterday:    - Midkemia Cities, first printing - Balboa Press itmes:  The Complete Warlock, Warlock's Tower  and the best of all:    - a NM punched copy of Lankhmar (1976 TSR boardgame); anyone have a count on the number of pieces?  It even has the original die in it (at least based on the box picture) :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:11 pm 

Hi all, here are some more items I should be getting very very soon:   Wee Warriors Dwarven Glory Wee Warriors Dwarven Glory Wee Warriors Misty Isles Wee Warriors Embattled Trek Balboa Monkey Gods Curse Tsr Birthday Party Pack   Hopefully I get those items soon! Can't wait to get them!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:45 am 

Shrinkwrapped copy of the Games Workshop Hex Sheets, with some other stuff, off Ebay.  Cheers, Malcolm

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:25 am 

WinterCon V tournament dungeon: Lost Caverns of Tsojconth :D   Will let you all the know the details of it once it arrives!  
Shrinkwrapped copy of the Games Workshop Hex Sheets
 Two thumbs up Malcolm

Next