Gen Con
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:55 am 

I would like very much to meet you all.  I live in Indy.  So easy for me.  And I may or may not be employed at the time.  Bucca is a great place for large groups.  Many other restuarants downtown as well.  

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:22 pm 

Unfortunately unless we have a last minute change of plans, Different Worlds won't be attending GenCon this year (the cost just wasn't worth it last year).  If we get some advance notification that Valus is going to win an ENNie then we may fly in at the last minute, but it's not real likely at this point....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:47 pm 

I'm DMing the RPGA Eberron and Living Kalamar stuff. I'll there.

Mike

"Clearly Tolkien never played D&D" Jason - Foxtrot Comic

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:43 pm 

Saturday would probably be best to meet and get some grub. Early afternoon would be best. Outside the auction room would be a great place to meet up. Also the Ram Brewery runs some GenCon specials. They have special beer in suvenier glasses, a GenCon menu, and even sell shirts. Anyway hope to see some fellow Acaeum members.

Devon
&
Shawn

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:14 pm 

It's Friday night and I am not at Gencon............................................ :cry:

Life sucks.

Oh the pain...time to plug in the blender and mix some Margaritas...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:29 pm 

bbarsh wrote:It's Friday night and I am not at Gencon............................................ :cry:

Life sucks.

Heh...do what I do when everyone's out at the conventions...lurk on eBay for the cheap BINs!  Cheers!

(Why do you think I keep posting items featuring naked chicks in the "Interesting Items" thread...it's a big distraction ploy. ;))

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:45 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
bbarsh wrote:It's Friday night and I am not at Gencon............................................ :cry:

Life sucks.

Heh...do what I do when everyone's out at the conventions...lurk on eBay for the cheap BINs! Cheers!

(Why do you think I keep posting items featuring naked chicks in the "Interesting Items" thread...it's a big distraction ploy. ;))

GenCon is Aug 18-21  :)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:28 pm 

What?!

I though for sure it was this weekend.

...just checked and its still two weeks away...wow, that's really late for a gen con.

crap...the glimmer of hope returns.

Well, I am only half way through those margaritas...not gonna stop now... all the kiddies are in bed and wife is out with girls...cheers...time for another round. :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:47 pm 

bbarsh wrote:What?!

...just checked and its still two weeks away...wow, that's really late for a gen con.

Well, I am only half way through those margaritas...not gonna stop now... all the kiddies are in bed and wife is out with girls...cheers...time for another round. :D

Same weekend as last year!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:33 am 

burntwire wrote:Saturday would probably be best to meet and get some grub. Early afternoon would be best. Outside the auction room would be a great place to meet up. Also the Ram Brewery runs some GenCon specials. They have special beer in suvenier glasses, a GenCon menu, and even sell shirts. Anyway hope to see some fellow Acaeum members.

Devon
&
Shawn

How about Friday Night?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:12 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
bbarsh wrote:What?!

Same weekend as last year!

Didn't make it last year, either.

After going to 17 straight, I've missed 4 out of the last 5- three years in a row, now...and getting huge withdrawel symptoms.

I am still surprised how late in August they are running. Used to always be the first full weekend where 1st Wednesday fell within the month of August (there were a couple exceptions, but never past mid-month. I think the start of school was a factor.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:36 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
burntwire wrote:Saturday would probably be best to meet and get some grub. Early afternoon would be best. Outside the auction room would be a great place to meet up. Also the Ram Brewery runs some GenCon specials. They have special beer in suvenier glasses, a GenCon menu, and even sell shirts.

Devon
&
Shawn

How about Friday Night?

Friday and Saturday nights are when they run the "collectables" auction. I believe they are trying to move the times up so people aren't sitting at the auction at 2:00 in the morning. We figured Saturday in the afternoon would be best as some Acauem members might not make it until Saturday. Finding a time when all could meet may be difficult because of gaming commitments. Our suggestion is 1:00PM Saturday for lunch or maybe around 4:30PM for dinner otherwise we will be busy at the auction.
If you just want to meet and not get grub we will be at the auction about 95% of the time it is running(just look for the 2 red-headed guys). When they start auctioning the CCGs we bail. Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone who attends.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:37 pm 

I will be there Wednesday, as I have to set up our booth, and then there for the whole show, though we are driving back Sunday night right after break-down (blech). I'll be at the Scrye booth most of the exhibit-show hours, then free otherwise.

Saturday lunch might work for me, though dinner would be easier, after the hall closes...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:25 am 

Gonna miss again this year, couldn't get vacation  :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:28 pm 

bbarsh wrote:I am still surprised how late in August they are running. Used to always be the first full weekend where 1st Wednesday fell within the month of August (there were a couple exceptions, but never past mid-month. I think the start of school was a factor.

Actually, back in the earlier '80s, GenCon was most often in the 3rd week of hte month of August, then folks @ TSR wised up to the fact that many students were heading back to school at that time, and started to move the show earlier in the year.  The last several years of GenCon, my impression is that it's been as early as the end of July, but then it started to migrate back toward the second half of August....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:53 pm 

burntwire wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:
How about Friday Night?

Friday and Saturday nights are when they run the "collectables" auction. I believe they are trying to move the times up so people aren't sitting at the auction at 2:00 in the morning. We figured Saturday in the afternoon would be best as some Acauem members might not make it until Saturday. Finding a time when all could meet may be difficult because of gaming commitments. Our suggestion is 1:00PM Saturday for lunch or maybe around 4:30PM for dinner otherwise we will be busy at the auction.
If you just want to meet and not get grub we will be at the auction about 95% of the time it is running(just look for the 2 red-headed guys). When they start auctioning the CCGs we bail. Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone who attends.

We (me the wife and a friend) will be there saturday, I am good for lunch around 1pm and dinner around 4:30pm.  I will be easy to spot, I should have blue spikey hair (unless I change colors) and wearing glasses.  I will try to be wearing a GenCon T-shirt from the 2001 GenCon (either black or red).  Meet outside the auction hall?

~jeff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:50 pm 

I'm going to be there this year too.  This'll be the first BIG show I've been to since Origins was in Dallas ('84, I think?).  Looking forward to meeting some of you folks!  I'll be the dorky looking guy wearing glasses.  :roll:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:13 am 

Well GenCon is just two days away and it looks like several Acaeum memebers will make it. Saturday is still probably the best day to meet up and possibly get some lunch or early dinner. We will be outside the entrance to the Auction Hall at 1:00 PM if you want to get some lunch at the RAM. The menu is posted on the GenCon Forums at GenCon.com along with a picture of the Mug and T-Shirt. Anyway, if you can't meet at those times we will be at the Auction almost the entire time it runs. Sounds like this year will be great fun.

Happy collecting,

Devon

&

Shawn

PreviousNext