Gen Con
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:23 am 

Anybody going to Gencon in August, I just signed up for a couple of romps in True Dungeon!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:40 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Anybody going to Gencon in August, I just signed up for a couple of romps in True Dungeon!

I'll be there ... not sure what I'm going to be in besides the RPGA Open.

WWW ICQ  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:47 pm 

Gonna try to make it.  Would be damned fun to get together with some Acaeum brothers...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:24 pm 

I am gonna try again this year after failing last year. Don't want to get my hopes up only to see them smashed and mutilated...
Some of my old school friends are going...which is the line it sell my wife on...old times...haven't seen them in years...yadda...yadda

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:11 am 

I'll be there playing MTG and D&D.  And haunting the Auction of course.

ICQ YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:36 am 

yaya wrote:I'll be there playing MTG and D&D. And haunting the Auction of course.

*waves "hiya"*

You've still not posted an introduction: must admit I'm curious! :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:16 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Gonna try to make it. Would be damned fun to get together with some Acaeum brothers...

Lets plan an Acaeum get together then.  Maybe at the party in the plaza on Saturday night!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:22 pm 

We'll be at GenCon. A meeting sounds cool.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:14 pm 

Doubt I will be going this year, but I would suggest if you guys decide to meet for dinner or something, go to Buca Di Beppos.  It is like 2-3 blocks from the convention center and serves family portions of italian food, everything I ate there last year was excellent, and the beers are huge (at least here in Cincinasty they are, didn't order a beer there in Indy).

Hell I might stop there on a day pass or something, it is only a two hour drive from here.

~jeff

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:29 pm 

Last year the Ram Brewpub was the place to go. They had a special brew and a souvenir menu, plus T-shirts and mugs. Just for GenCon they stayed open 24hrs.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:45 pm 

I am considering going. It is about an 8 hour drive for me. Buca Di Beppo is IMHO the best Italian restaurant chain in America that I have ever been to, although if I do make the journey I would be willing to go anywhere.  :D Anyone know how hard it will to find a hotel/motel close to it?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:49 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am considering going. It is about an 8 hour drive for me, but I amke the journey. Buca Di Beppo is IMHO the best Italian restaurant chain in America that I have ever been to, although if I do make the journey I would be willing to go anywhere.  :D Anyone know how hard it will to find a hotel/motel close to it?

We stayed at a hotel that was in sight of it...I can't remember the name of it, it had changed recently though, I will ask tonight at game then post back with the name.   I am seriously considering the drive there for at least a one day walk-through,  however my gaming group did decide this year to just hit Origins (also a two hour drive), I won't be going there I don't think.  

~jeff

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:48 am 

bclarkie wrote:I am considering going. It is about an 8 hour drive for me, but I amke the journey. Buca Di Beppo is IMHO the best Italian restaurant chain in America that I have ever been to, although if I do make the journey I would be willing to go anywhere.  :D Anyone know how hard it will to find a hotel/motel close to it?

If you want a hotel close to it you better reserve one now, they fill up very fast.  I am staying at the marriot right across the street!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:22 pm 

I might be able to attend, it is after all only an hour away.  I'll see if the demoness (oops, wife) wants to go with me. It would be great to have an Acaeum get together there.

pleveich

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:32 pm 

Cool things are coming together.  I am a mere 5 day drive away so I decided to fly!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:59 am 

Just an idea.

How many Acaeum members would be interested in a get together?

IF (and only if) some are, just to meet "live", discuss future plans, exchange rare objects (organize some live auctions without snipes  :wink: ) and have a good time together, why couldn't we try to organize an Acaeum event by ourselves?

I think it could be worthwhile to try.

To help us folks across the ocean (and yes, I'd be willing to try as the euro is kicking ass), the best way would be to find a "central" location near a primary airport - like New York, perhaps, and book a conference room on the basis of the attending people.

I kicked - now it's your turn to attack.

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:15 am 

I might try and go if I can find the time its only about 4-5 hour drive for me.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:46 am 

Gencon Indy is right upon us (August 18-21), so I thought i would give this thread a bump.

Personally I suggest if anyone is still serious about this that we meet on either friday or saturday (in front of the auction "hall" or a similarly easy to find location) then head out for food/conversation at one of the conviently-in-walking-distance resturants. (Still voting Buca's, but I love "simple" italian food).

Anyone want to take the lead as "planning director" and set this all up?

~jeff

Next